“Physically challenging but worth the pain and exhaustion”

Inka Trail Expedition Peru
Ranked #55 of 396 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Inka Trail Expeditions Peru is a Tour Operator in Cusco, this company born with nothing more than a strong desire to create an authentic Peruvian Agency, the rich diversity of tradition, adventure and mystery makes Peru a fascinating country to visit. Many Foreing Operators take advantage of this, but this Travel Agency was born in Cusco, Peru land of the Incas.We show that travel within Peru, are unforgettable and will mark lifes forever through our social projects (SmileTerra) that these are full of Energy and Natural adventure. is an inherent belief to the core values that inspire our being and business today.
Long Beach, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Physically challenging but worth the pain and exhaustion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I completed the four day, three night trek on the Inka Trail last week. This was probably the most physically challenging thing I have ever done. I nearly gave up after the first day but am glad I stuck it out. The scenery was amazing and the people I met were wonderful. We had a wonderful guide, "Fredy" from Xtreme Tourbulencia and 8 marvelous porters who carried the common equipment, set up our sleeping tents and served us delicious meals. A few words to the wise: 1. Make sure your tour price includes porters to carry your personal items (e.g., sleeping bag, clothing, toiletries, etc.). We had to add this on at the very last minute. You should only carry what you need for the day. 2. Bring packets of hand, toe and body warmers (available by the case at Costco and in the hunting department at many Wal-marts) to throw in your sleeping bag on cold nights; 3. bring lots of one soles coins for the pay toilets at the beginning of the trek and toilet paper for the rest along with a large package of personal wipes; and 4. you will also need money to tip the guide and porters at the end. Finally I was told that you must book this at least 6 months in advance - we met people who were unable to do it because they tried to book too late. Lucky me!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Bonnie871

Campbell, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“INKA TRAIL expeditions - Way to go!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

You won’t go wrong with this agency. I did my work and researched several tour agencies (local and US based) and Inka trail was the best bet. You will deal with Norma and William directly. William is the owner and knows what he does. They have their own local connections (translators, guides, taxi drivers, buses, trains, restaurants, The Inka trail, etc..) and can tailor anything you are looking for. Norma organized my INKA trail trip for me and my family and we could not have been happier. The bilingual guide they provided JUANA was absolutely phenomenal and knowledgeable and their services, location of the camp sites, food, etc., was just amazing. They are serious and honest and will charge you what is right. They work with local people and try to help to develop their own country and own resources. They speak English and know about all the services you want and need. Inka Trail expeditions can provide you with anything you want. Our trip was unforgettable and we recommend them strongly. Thank you Norma and William. Will be in touch!!

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Alicia32154
Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Inka Trail - via Enigma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

My wife and I took a 3-night/4-day hile from mile marker 82 to Macchu Picchu with Enigma and we strongly recommend the tour and the company. Our trek was made June 10-14 (2013) and we had 6 other fellow trekkers who proved to be good company and, in by the finish, good friends. The tents and sleeping bags were top quality and both proved to be very water-resistant (we had ran two of the three nights). Our tour guide, Eric, possessed all the desirable leadership qualities in a very personable though understated way; he was nothing less than top-notch. This event is not for the feint of heart nor the unconditioned; although we met a number of children who made the trek, those in our group (including me) with bad knees, really found the hike very demanding. The Enigma crew included an excellent chef (Pavel - he was much more than a cook) and a team of good-natured, hard-working porters. We were thoroughly pleased and strongly recommend Enigma for this tour.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank HOFOhio
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Andina travel were amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

Of course the Inka trail was amazing, but Andina travel made it incredible. The quality of food, equipment and information was outstanding, and we paid less than $600.

We have since done other activities with Andina and have continued to be impressed.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Gareth W
Paterson, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful wonderful!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Our trip was so exciting, full with history, lots of questions, people that we met there from around the world were amazingly friendly. The tour guide was excellent, knowledgeable of the Inka's history. Great trip!!

Visited July 2012