“Best vacation ever!”

4-Day Trek from Cusco: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Ranked #7 of 555 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: South Adventure Peru Tours is a family-owned business, created 15 years ago by Ruben & Tatiana. We decided to make use of our experience and knowledge to open our Tour Agency so that we could provide the highest quality tours around South Peru; but there was also an opportunity for us to help many of the young people in Cusco starting their careers and to provide some of the poorer communities around the Cusco Region with revenue to help sustain their livelihoods. We specialise in Extended and Family tours around South Peru. We will take you to the most stunning regions such as Ica Region, Paracas Reserve, Nazca City, Colca Canyon, Lares Valley, Ballestas Island, Lake Titicaca and of course to many of the stunning historical Incan sites such as the famous Machu Picchu, Choquequirao, Sacred Valley and more. Our team visits and thoroughly investigates all destinations, services and amenities featured on our luxury tours to Peru so we can be sure we are offering the best quality, servi
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I returned today with my two daughters (18 and 20) from the trip of a lifetime. I've done my fair share of traveling and have engaged numerous tour operators, but Ruben's team at South Adventure Peru Tours takes the cake. He has exceptionally well-informed, caring guides that were dedicated to personalizing our travel experience and obsessed with our satisfaction. I have never seen such attention to detail. Even the most obscure of points were not overlooked. We spent a day in Lima, a day at Machu Picchu and several days in the Cusco area, and we added a day for rafting and another day for mountain biking (easy downhill ride through countryside and past lots of animal life (my kids loved the baby pigs :) and Andean glaciers - just breathtaking and easily one of our favorite days). Most importantly, Ruben and his team made us feel like family. We now have friends in Peru and are left with the memory (as well as remarkable pictures) of the best trip we've ever taken. Highly, highly recommended!!!

All reviews
"puerto maldonado"
in 18 reviews
"amazing tour"
in 20 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 21 reviews
in 5 reviews
"maras moray"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This place is great. My girlfriend and I went to Peru in July 2014 and began in Cusco. It was a surprise trip and so the some of the day to day details/reservations had not been worked out.

Our first encounter with South Adventure Peru Tours was on a Sunday, when they were the only tour guide in all of Cusco that could be bothered to answer the telephone and help us. Not only that, but the owners traveled to the guide shop that same day (a nice location of Cusco) just to open it up and meet with us. It was a very pleasant, large place with lots of good information (and bottled water).

We set up a mountain bike tour of the ruins surrounding Cusco for the following day. It was reasonably priced with good equipment. They picked us up at the hotel and everything went according to plan. Our tour guide was amazing and kind and genuinely worked to give us a very good, informed experience. We had a nice picnic along the way. Overall terrific experience.

Then, just to be kind, the owners helped us set up a tour of Machu Picchu with tickets and a tour guide to meet us at the train station. We didn't have tickets and were having a hard time getting them but it was all taken care of for us by the owners of South Adventure.

This is the first review I have ever written on Tripadvisor. I highly recommend this tour company. There could not be a better one.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Had a day to kill so we booked a cycle tour, the guide was brilliant and changed a few things around to suit us on the fly. Very knowledgeable and also a funny guy

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had a short detour to Peru, and contacted South Adventure Peru Tours to ask about a last-minute tour (less than 2 weeks notice) of the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu for a solo traveller. The owner, Ruben, was friendly and very quick to respond to all email inquiries despite the short notice. He was able to accommodate me on a 2D/1N tour that allowed me to see the highlights of the area in my limited amount of time for a very reasonable rate, including all transportation, guides, meals, and even single-room accommodation. I even had a transfer to the airport on my final day which was unexpected but a very pleasant surprise. My experience with Ruben and his team was an extremely positive experience and I would not hesitate to recommend their services.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We found Ruben and South Adventure Peru Tours via Trip Advisor and all the great reviews. I emailed Ruben about doing the Lares Trek and Machu Picchu and Huaynapicchu about 6 months in advance, and he was always available to answer any questions we had. I was initially wary about sending a deposit through Western Union as I was trying to avoid the credit card fees...I didn't need to worry about it at all and wished I had paid the balance of the trip the same way instead of carrying cash.

Our trek was fabulous. Our guide was Romulo and he was knowledgable and quite the character. Our three days climbing through snow capped mountains, passing through villages with gorgeous gentle locals saying hello along the way was great. We took pencils and colouring books for the children and they were so sweet and shy and grateful, it was a wonderful experience, one that we don't think we would have had on the Inka Trail with so many other trekkers.

Our cooks and horseman were great. Hot water to wash our face and hands bought to our tent door at 6am, followed by a cup of tea. Our meals were always plentiful and was actually some of her nicest food we had in Peru (ask for the green and red chilli salsa to add to your meals :) it is a nice addition). Hot breakfasts, afternoon teas and always great lunches and dinners you need to be careful to not over eat before you head out walking after lunch as there is no chance for a nap until you reach your camp site for the night. Our tents and beds were always set up and waiting for us to arrive, along with a nice cup of tea, you don't need to do a thing.

As well as this trip we also booked a Sacred Valley tour - an excellent day trip, and a guided bus tour from Cusco to Puno and a tour on Lake Titicaca with South Adventure Peru Tours, all which were great. I can not recommend Ruben and his families company enough if you want to do these tours in Peru.