“Great Family Trip”

4-Day Trek from Cusco: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Ranked #5 of 521 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: South Adventure Peru Tours is a family-owned business, created 15 years ago by Ruben & Tatiana. We decided to make use of our experience and knowledge to open our Tour Agency so that we could provide the highest quality tours around South Peru; but there was also an opportunity for us to help many of the young people in Cusco starting their careers and to provide some of the poorer communities around the Cusco Region with revenue to help sustain their livelihoods. We specialise in Extended and Family tours around South Peru. We will take you to the most stunning regions such as Ica Region, Paracas Reserve, Nazca City, Colca Canyon, Lares Valley, Ballestas Island, Lake Titicaca and of course to many of the stunning historical Incan sites such as the famous Machu Picchu, Choquequirao, Sacred Valley and more. Our team visits and thoroughly investigates all destinations, services and amenities featured on our luxury tours to Peru so we can be sure we are offering the best quality, servi
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our family of three has just come back from a great trip to Cusco. We confirmed our travel plans to Cusco and had only one week to plan our tours. The first tour operator we contacted did not return our e-mail. I then contacted Ruben from South Adventure Peru Tours and received an immediate response. We requested tours for the Sacred Valley, Machu Pichu, and whitewater rafting. Ruben immediately confirmed the itinerary with us with the days that we wanted. Everything went without any problems and we did not have to worry about anything. Our tour guide, Virgilio, for the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu tour was very knowledgable and ensured that we had a great time. Ruben and his family made us feel that if there was anything that we needed, they were there to help. Thanks Ruben.

1  Thank William L

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Not much to add to other recent reviews. My wife and I booked with Ruben at South Adventure Peru Tours - Jungle, Inca Trail, Lake Titicaca etc for a ~13 day trip, and it was brilliant - and seamlessly organised.

Thanks very much Ruben.

1  Thank monopodia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

When I was planning my trip to Peru back in April, I researched several tour agencies and looked at the reviews and prices of each. I came upon South Adventure Peru Tours and saw that this tour agency had many excellent reviews and was top ranked on Trip Advisor. I went on their page and read more about the family owned agency and the ways in which Ruben and his team give back to the community where Ruben grew up in and how the workers are paid a fair wage, unlike what other tour companies do. I decided to book with them and as soon as I started emailing Ruben, he responded in a timely manner, attending to my every concern and question. Since the start of my planning process, Ruben and his team were very attentive and accommodating. When I arrived to Cusco, for the 5 day/4 night trip I planned, I confirmed why South Adventure Peru Tours was one of the top ranked tour agencies on Trip Advisor. Since my timely pick up at the airport, Victoriano and Janet, two of the workers at the agency, greeted me sincerely and were very attentive. When I arrived to the agency, Ruben, his wife and sons made me feel at home. My entire itinerary was explained to me and I was warmly received with coca tea. I honestly felt very comfortable and welcome in Peru, which is something I truly appreciated. My hotel accommodations, tours, guides, and transportation all exceeded my expectations.The tour guides they work with are very well informed and genuinely are there to give you the best experience. I had no problem whatsoever during my entire stay and the workers at South Adventure Peru Tours were always punctual and greeted me with a smile. On my last day in Cusco, two of the workers took me out on a goodbye dinner which was very nice because I had the opportunity to spend time with Victor and Janet and get to know them better. This is something the agency plans for all of their customers. Overall, my experience was excellent and I am definitely going to return to Peru in the future and book again with South Adventure Peru Tours. I URGE you to book through this agency; I highly, highly, highly recommend them. They WILL go above and beyond to make your stay in Peru the best.

-Joanna Oyarzabal (Student at UC Berkeley)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I returned today with my two daughters (18 and 20) from the trip of a lifetime. I've done my fair share of traveling and have engaged numerous tour operators, but Ruben's team at South Adventure Peru Tours takes the cake. He has exceptionally well-informed, caring guides that were dedicated to personalizing our travel experience and obsessed with our satisfaction. I have never seen such attention to detail. Even the most obscure of points were not overlooked. We spent a day in Lima, a day at Machu Picchu and several days in the Cusco area, and we added a day for rafting and another day for mountain biking (easy downhill ride through countryside and past lots of animal life (my kids loved the baby pigs :) and Andean glaciers - just breathtaking and easily one of our favorite days). Most importantly, Ruben and his team made us feel like family. We now have friends in Peru and are left with the memory (as well as remarkable pictures) of the best trip we've ever taken. Highly, highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This place is great. My girlfriend and I went to Peru in July 2014 and began in Cusco. It was a surprise trip and so the some of the day to day details/reservations had not been worked out.

Our first encounter with South Adventure Peru Tours was on a Sunday, when they were the only tour guide in all of Cusco that could be bothered to answer the telephone and help us. Not only that, but the owners traveled to the guide shop that same day (a nice location of Cusco) just to open it up and meet with us. It was a very pleasant, large place with lots of good information (and bottled water).

We set up a mountain bike tour of the ruins surrounding Cusco for the following day. It was reasonably priced with good equipment. They picked us up at the hotel and everything went according to plan. Our tour guide was amazing and kind and genuinely worked to give us a very good, informed experience. We had a nice picnic along the way. Overall terrific experience.

Then, just to be kind, the owners helped us set up a tour of Machu Picchu with tickets and a tour guide to meet us at the train station. We didn't have tickets and were having a hard time getting them but it was all taken care of for us by the owners of South Adventure.

This is the first review I have ever written on Tripadvisor. I highly recommend this tour company. There could not be a better one.