My family of 4 got a great rate of $240 per night for two rooms at this hotel from booking.com. If this is all you can afford to spend then I doubt you can do much better in central Cusco.
First the positives:
- great location 100 yards from the central square.
- nice bathroom
- excellent staff who do all they can to make your stay enjoyable
- free airport transfer
- good breakfast included
- welcomed with coca tea
- free bottled water
- free beer on first night
- safe in room
Sounds perfect right? Well sadly my family is checking out 2 days early and moving to the JW Marriott for twice the price. The negatives...
- there is a night club next door whose dance music reverberates through the entire hotel from 7pm - 5am. It is just loud enough to be annoying.
- as best as I can tell, only two rooms (401 and 501) have an exterior window. It is oppressively claustrophobic.
- the rooms have poor sound-proofing. You can hear every car drive by, every footstep on the stairs, conversations and even the light switch going on and off in the room next door. We tried ear plugs and that helped, but often you need to get up early for an excursion and need to hear your alarm.
- no A/C, which is doubly bad when you don't have a window.
If you can afford it, I recommend that you pay more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza owes its name to the nearby “Plaza de Armas” of Cuzco. It is located only 15 meters from the square via a cobblestone street which separates downtown from the beautiful colonial house in which this stunning hotel is located.Steeped in history, this colonial house once served as home to the family of the Spanish conqueror Francisco Pizarro.This beautiful historic building has 20 comfortable rooms and a rest area consisting of a dream patio with wood veneers, illuminated by a beautiful dome that captures the most beautiful sunrises of Cuzco offering magical nights of relaxation.Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza offers a place to rest, and is the ideal place to start and recover from the wonders of a day exploring the magical city of Cusco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza Hotel Cusco