“Great service, nice food*”

Deva Restaurant Tipico
Ranked #67 of 881 Restaurants in Cusco
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It is the only gourmet restaurant of typical local food. We do not make fusion style. Located in the old palace of the Inca Tupac Yupanqui, we have vegetarian options. In Deva you can found the ancestral cuzco culture through its gastronomy. It is atended by its own owners. We have different Peruvian wines and piscos, and you can enjoy, if you wish so, the traditional "chicha de jora", drink that the Incas offered to the Sun in the Inti Raymi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

*the Argentinian chef knows his way in the kitchen and uses fresh local produce, allowing their natural flavours to shine. However, the alleged experience of traditional pre-imperial Inca food is more of a tourist trap than anything else. Don't skip the pisco cocktail and the soups. And the guinea pig only pictures nice.

DevaRestaurant, Propietario at Deva Restaurant Tipico, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I'm sorry you don't enjoy your dinner. How ever, people look us for the guinea pig.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The traditional peruvian food we ordered was delicious, and so was the desert.
We ordered Pisco sours and they bring the ingredients to your table and teach you how to make them.
The highlight was probably the very eloquent and funny demonstration of different peruvian corn and potato varieties by our brilliant waiter.
I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in Cusco.

My best regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Our group of 4 people went here for dinner one night, and had an amazing time. The host was a lovely person who was very informative and patient with us. He was very helpful with the menu, and while we waited for our food, he gave us some information about Peruvian food and culture. It was quite interesting. My sister had ordered a pisco sour and he brought out the ingredients and had her make the drink, explaining the how and why of everything. Dinner was amazing. We had fried cuy, baked cuy, and alpaca steaks. Everything tasted amazing! It was probably one of the best nights out I've ever had in my travels. We noticed there were cooking classes available, and because of our wonderful meal, we decided to sign up for the class. The chef met us at our hotel and walked with us to the market. On the way, he talked about Peruvian culture and spoke about some of the buildings and gave us some information about the history of the town. At the market, he spoke about Peruvian cooking, spices, the people, and all of the different types of ingredients. It was very cool! He also swung by a coffee shop where he buys his coffee, and my husband and I went back later to buy a couple pounds of coffee. Back at the restaurant, the chef explained everything he was doing and why, and how to cook what we were watching back home. It was a wonderful experience and the only bad thing was once we sat down to eat and chat the restaurant filled up for lunch and the chef had to leave us and get back to work. It was hands down the highlight of our dining experience while in Cusco.

DevaRestaurant, Propietario at Deva Restaurant Tipico, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you very much for the time you take to write down this wonderful review. It's amazing!

Of course I remember you with a very big smile.

My best regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Away from the overcrowded restaurants in Plaza De Armas. True Peruvian food with local ingredients. Friendly staff and lots of wine choices. Food is above average for a reasonable prices.

DevaRestaurant, Propietario at Deva Restaurant Tipico, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Four of us went here for dinner on the recommendation of a guide. WOW. We had a great time and learned a lot (yes at a restaurant!) The food and drinks were perfect. The guys in the group got Alpaca, and my sister and I tried the cuy. We noticed in the menu there are cooking classes offered so we signed up for one a couple of days later. The Chef, Federiko was so informative and helpful. We all went to the local market where again, we learned so much, and then back to the restaurant to cook. He took time explaining everything to our group and the food was amazing too. Highly recommend dining here as well as the cooking class.

DevaRestaurant, Propietario at Deva Restaurant Tipico, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you very much for the review.

I'm really glad you like the cooking classes, it was a very funny morning.