“Fabulous.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lakeland, Florida
“Fabulous.”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

What a great hotel. The service was just outstanding. I almost felt awkward. As I arrived to check in I was greeted by a clerk who ushered me over to the lounge instead of the front desk. I told him I was checking in. He said "yes, I know, please have a seat." As we sat down he then asks for my credit card and passport. As he heads to the front desk someone else then shows up with some tea. Coca tea. As we are sipping tea I'm saying to myself "what's going on here?" After about a minute he comes back with the paperwork which I signed. We were then escorted to our room and that was it. Just gotta love it. The breakfast buffet was phenomenal. Breakfast, lunch and dinner in one sitting. And again, outstanding service. We had the room with the Inca wall. My wife just loved it. Then we found out that the hotel is actually a museum. We saw pre-inca ruins on the -3 floor. Inca ruins on the -2 floor and Spanish ruins on the ground floor. What a treat. The hotel is located right in the center of town so you can stroll out in the evening and enjoy the central plaza, shops and restaurants that are all nearby. Second best Hotel I've ever stayed at. First place goes only to the San Jose Marriott in Costa Rica. My wife disagrees though. She says this one is nicer.

Room Tip: The rooms with the balconies that face the courtyard are quite nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for such a nice and detailed review left on Tripadvisor, that really help us to monitor our service that according to your comments it was impeccable.

I am glad to know that you liked the room assigned and that you have appreciated the history that involves this place, not only shown in the exhibition rooms but also in public areas like main entrance, front desk, restaurant and patio.

I feel so pleased to realize that our service standards are being carried through so professionally and making you feel unique is our goal.

We sincerely appreciate your visit to the antique city of Cusco and moreover thank you for considering us your second best hotel. It is good to know that another brother hotel is your favorite but we would like to be your number one, so I hope we can welcome you soon.

JW Marriott Cusco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sivakasi, India
Reviewed 7 May 2013

hotel is near the main square-the staff were very helpful-the coca tea was welcome-was given take away breakfast at 5am!cant think of anything negative!the breakfast buffet had a huge spread-fresh fruits was available.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving your positive comments on the Tripadvisor I do appreciate the time you took.

I am pleased to know that you liked our convenient location really close to the main square, our tea station, breakfast buffet and breakfast to go ready for you at 5 am as you said because we try to serve our guests according to their needs.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services, we will look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Probably one of the best 2 or 3 hotels I've stayed at ever.

As someone who spends 200+ nights per year in hotels I don't say that lightly, but the ambience, service and attention to detail here put the JW very close to the top of my personal list.

The public areas are beautiful, rooms lovely (although I may be biased having received two suite upgrades in two stays) and service impeccable. We sampled breakfast (exceptional ) and room service (very good indeed) during our stays.

However the thing that sets the hotel apart is service. We had a 3 night stay, then 1 night in Aguas Calientes, then a 1 night stay back in Cusco, and on our return from Machu Picchu, we were greeted by name before we'd arrived at the reception desk and told that the bags we'd left overnight were already in our suite - a couple of small examples of the very personal service that is offered.

They do a tour of the hotel each evening and that is worth doing as it gives you an insight into the work that has gone in to creating the building and facilities.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter J
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback.

I feel honored knowing that we are on the top of your personal hotel ranking being you a person who spends lots of nights in hotels.

I am glad to know that you loved the hotel and the service we deliver; we strive to do the best for our guests giving them all the attention and details they deserve, making them feel that we truly care.

Thank you for mentioning the guided visit we daily offer, we are proud of the Hotel’s heritage and showing to the world the Pre-Inca, Inca and Colonial remains found during excavations is the least we can do. I am glad that you enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming you in a not too distant future to discover again the magic of Cusco.

Lima, Peru
Reviewed 6 May 2013

It is a new property in Cusco. A great place to stay. It is a real "energetic" heritage. You feel a great atmosphere since you enter.
Rooms are comfortable, bathrooms great size. Decoration is "top". Great taste with a mix of traditional décor with modern style too.
The restaurant is superb. The terrace lovely to stay there for hours.
Staff totally friendly and well educated.
I would go back.

Room Tip: Rooms near the entrance are great......but all over the hotel too.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments through the Tripadvisor website, we are pleased to know that we were able to fulfill your expectations regarding the service delivered by our staff, the hotel style, atmosphere and facilities.

I am glad to know that the room and bathroom were agreeable for you giving you the comfort you desire and I agree when you said that the restaurant is superb, framed by the original colonial wall that belonged to the Augustines’ convent.

We look forward in having you and your friends back soon.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2013

As dedicated Marriott Platinum members, we've been awaiting the completion of this hotel since we first heard of it at least 5 years ago. It does not disappoint. Due to the local construction guidelines, this hotel was literally built by hand with construction delayed by the discovery of pre-Incan ruins along the bottom of the convent that it was built upon. It finally opened this past September. The hotel is simply stunning and exceeded our expectations in so many ways.

The room was incredibly comfortable, the breakfast buffet was quite incredible and the location was only two short blocks from the Plaza de Armas and two short blocks from the beautiful San Blas neighborhood where we did most of our shopping. All the top Tripadvisor restaurants were literally a block away! The couples massage we had during stay was fantastic and I wish we took the time to enjoy the gorgeous in-door pool area.

This hotel is still so new- I'm very sure it will quickly rise to the top of the luxury hotel ranks within Cuzco.

Room Tip: The rooms with the courtyard view have a lovely private outdoor seating area.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Platinum member,

I would like to thank the positive comments about our hotel left on the Trip Advisor website I really appreciate the time you took to write those words of appreciation.

I am thrill that we could exceed your expectations. It is priceless for me to know the expectation and interest that our Hotel’s opening caused on you. Your knowledge about the property’s history and construction is remarkable!
It is so pleasant to know you enjoyed the room, the buffet breakfast, our privilege location and spa area.

Thank you once again for your comments, they inspire us to continue serving our guests even better every day.

We look forward to welcome you again in the not too distance future, and delight you with our special blend of JW Marriott and Peruvian hospitality.

Lima, Peru
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Every single detail is well thought out at this JW hotel in Cusco. From the moment you walk in there is coca tea sitting out for guests. The service is impeccable and the staff take time to learn and greet you by name. We stayed here for 2 nights in January 2013 and loved it. The location is great and the hotel is absolutely beautiful (it is a converted monastery). We stayed here during a mini honeymoon and found a bottle of wine and cheese/fruit plate in our room from the hotel staff. Breakfast was the traditional JW-style with many different items. The price is much more than other hotels in Cusco but it was worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments through the TripAdvisor website, it is very important for us to know the perception of our guests about service.

I am pleased to know that you appreciated the details we have for our guests like the coca tea and other tea varieties available at the front desk area also the kindness of our staff trying to make you notice how valuable you are for us. And of course, we wouldn’t miss the opportunity to spoil you in such a significant trip.

Thank you for sharing with my staff and me the memories of your trip to Cusco and moreover thank you for choosing us as your honeymoon destination.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

The hotel is lovely! From the minute you walk in there is warm tea to greet you along with a friendly staff that makes you feel at home. The place is super clean and the beds are heaven. The Spa is a nice place to go and relax at the end of a crazy cusco day. Any problem that did arise the staff would fix with in minutes with a smile on their face. I would highly recommend everyone stays here. If you don't stay here at least come have dinner and check our the amazing restaurant

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback and thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our service.

I felt so pleased when I read your comments; certainly that make me feel extremely proud of my staff, they are always giving their best and I am happy they made you feel at home showing you a sincere smile. The spa is the best spot to relax after a long day in Cusco and our comfortable beds are a refuge to end up the day.

We look forward to welcoming you soon so that you can continue enjoying the ancient city of Cusco.