“Superb”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Superb”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We just spent five days at the JW Marriott Cusco. We had some hesitation having read some negative reviews early this year. Without a doubt, the initial opening problems are long gone. The service was superb. Check in was smooth and staff was very professional. The rooms were spacious with modern decor but keeping a unique cusco look. Buffet Breakfast was varied with a mix of Peruvian and international dishes. The location could not be better close to the main plaza and attractions. Dinner at Pirqa restaurant was delicious. They have hired very experienced waiters all commanding a good English. We were supported by Edwin Hurtado at Pirqa. He would accommodate special requests and made us feel like at home. The JW is by far one of the top 3 hotels in Cusco.

• Stayed August 2013
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your 5-day stay with us, I very much appreciate your feedback giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services.

I really appreciate your comments, they make me feel proud of how much we are growing in matters of service that is the reflection of the staff commitment. I am so glad that the check in process was friendly and professional, that you enjoyed our functional and elegant rooms.

Our buffet breakfast is delicious and complete with a variety of choices to start the day, the same way dinner at Pirqa Restaurant offering excellent food for all tastes with an unbeatable service, in this case provided by Edwin, I will extend him you words of appreciation as well as as mine for giving you such a wonderful and warm experience.

I am thrill that we could exceed your expectations, we sincerely appreciate your visit to the antique city of Cusco and we hope to see you back soon at JW Marriott Cusco to continue surprising you with our dedicated service.

JW Marriott Hotel Cusco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Virginia Water, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in JW Marriott earlier in August and we loved the place. The hotel is new, good location and service is good. I would recommend this place.

Only disappointment was the room service food which tasted fast-foody but this could be the altitude that plays all kinds of tricks on the body.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for leaving your comment on the Tripadvisor website, I very much appreciate your feedback and giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services.

It is so rewarding for me to know that you loved the hotel, our location and good service and thank you for recommending us, that shows the great level of satisfaction you had during your stay.

Thank you for your feedback about our room service food, we try to offer a menu that can satisfy all of our guests by serving simple, friendly and comfort food crafted with the best products. I hope you can visit us again and enjoy the service and food of Pirqa Restaurant where we offer a la carte service with a distinct fine dining feel always using the highest quality products.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, we look forward to welcome you and your family back soon.

Warm Regards,

Isle of Palms, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Our family of 5 stayed at the JW Marriott for four nights in August and could not have asked for a better experience. The staff was so welcoming and accommodating. They made sure we had plenty of cocoa tea to help with the altitude, and the food at the restaurant was fantastic. Manuel and Miguel made our stay unforgettable. Five stars, all around.

-The Dockery Family

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to let you know how much we appreciate your comments left on the Tripadvisor website, for us knowing your experience is really important.

I am glad that you and your family had a wonderful experience during your four nights stay with us, that our staff made you feel welcome and showed you how important you are for us by giving you a great service and details to make your stay even more enjoyable for example serving you coca tea to help you with the altitude. Thank you for emphasizing our fantastic food at Pirqa Restaurant.

Thank you for the words of appreciation to Manuel and Miguel who made an outstanding job providing you with an unbeatable service, I will extend them my congratulations.
We look forward to have you and your family back soon so that you can continue enjoying JW Marriott Cusco and discovering more of Incas legacy.

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Great service, rooms and location. Although I missed the hotel your every night at 6pm, I did go downstairs and see the exhibition halls. Must use the pool and jacuzzi, perfect after a long day of sightseeing. Do yourself a favor and stay at a historical site while in Cusco.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments through the Tripadvisor website!

I am very pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations regarding the service, rooms and location so that you could enjoy the three nights you stayed with us. I feel glad that you could visit our exhibitions rooms and appreciate the history that involves this property we are proud of the Hotel’s heritage and showing to the world the Pre-Inca, Inca and Colonial remains found during excavations is the least we can do. I am glad that you enjoyed it.

As you mentioned the spa is the best spot to relax after a long day in Cusco, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the pool and whirlpool.

Thank you very much for recommending us to all readers, I hope you can visit us again it will be a pleasure to welcome you back in the Imperial City of Cusco.

Warm Regards,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 August 2013

we stay there for 1 night, then come back from MP to stay another 3 nights. Room is pretty good, and model. Services are JW standard. Restaurant.....Breakfast is ok, plenty of choice, our package are included dinner. Their dinner is very nice, only a bit salty for myself. Location is convenience to the main square. Opposite has laundry (cheap price) and a little supermarket. Overall good hotel and convenience location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank the time you have taken to tell us you experience during your stay with us, to know your comments and appreciations help us in an invaluable way.

I am very pleased to know that your four nights staying allowed you to have a complete vision of the service and product we offer. Thank you for standing out our service which is given not only following the JW Marriott worldwide standards but also blending them with the special charm that our staff has.

It is good to know that you enjoyed our varied breakfast as well as dinner that were included in your package. Thank you for your feedback about the food, as a Marriott brand we look over the food standards and attentively care on proper seasoning to keep the balance in the flavors as well as for health reasons.

We look forward to welcome you and your couple back soon so that you can continue enjoying the beauty of Cusco and JW Marriott comfort.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My 13 year old daughter and I visited Cusco after doing a service project in Lima. We stayed at the Marriott. From the moment we checked in to the moment we left, the service was fantastic!

First night (even though I had the famous tea upon arrival) I had a headache and was really tired so I called to inquire about increasing the oxygen level in our air conditioning (all computer monitored). Imagine my surprise when a doctor arrived at my door, took my oxygenation levels (I was quite low) and gave me oxygen. All on the house.

2 mornings we left quite early (visited Machu Picchu and home) and both mornings Jose (wonderful employee at the front desk) prepared buffet breakfasts in boxes. Again, on the house. Jose provided directions, checked us in to our hotel, arranged for driver and gave us umbrellas when we thought we wouldn't need them (which we did).

Our room was fantastic and very clean. The food was absolutely delicious and authentic, and the hotel (Old Monastery) is spectacular.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: we had a room overlooking the interior courtyard and it was VERY quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SusanFE
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your stay with us being a wonderful experience, it is very important for us to know your opinion because it helps us a lot in search of excellence.

It is so gratifying to know that our service was fantastic! And that you and your daughter could perceive how we care about each guest, even though I feel really sorry to hear that you had some inconveniences with altitude it’ s also relieving to know that you can always count on our professional staff.

Thank you for your kindness and for remembering Jose who gave you a superb service, I will extend him my congratulations for serving you in such a personalized way and please accept my thankfulness for letting us know that the room, food and hotel itself were of your complete delight.

For sure we will be waiting for your prompt visit, it will be a complete pleasure to welcome you and your family once again.

Kind regards,

Nagasaki, Japan
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The JW Marriott hotel in Cusco is beatiful. Located at two blocks walking distance of the city historical center and built in the historical rests of a monastery. The lobby bar with the double chimney is the perfect place to chat with your friends and family about the places visited and the handicrafts found in the town.
The staff is very professional and friendly. I recommend the tour of the ruins with the explanation about the construction of the hotel.
The rooms and their ammenities are outstanding. The breakfast buffet is very complete with fresh fruit juices and fresh fruit, cereals, hot food, bread, cheese and almost anything you may crave in the morning.
Definitely worth the visit and stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank the words of appreciation that you had for us sharing them on the Tripadvisor website.

As you said the hotel is beautiful on a perfect combination of elegance and history and all that just two blocks from the main square. Our lobby is cozy and invites to stay for a nice talk.

I am glad that the rooms and their amenities were of your liking, breakfast too which you have described so well.

Please accept my gratitude for your kind words and for mentioning our staff professionalism and friendliness, it is rewarding for all of us to read your detailed review and also the way you valued our effort to preserve and broadcast the historical aspect of our property.

I truly look forward to welcoming you and your friends in the near future so that we can continue pampering you and this magical city continues charming you.