“Awesome Service, Location and Ambiance”

JW Marriott El Convento Cusco
Ranked #9 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My family and I stayed at this newer JW Marriott Property and we must say the experience was awesome. The rooms are smaller than in Lima but the service and ambiance of the lobby area made up. They had plenty of coco tea for those who needed it due to altitude sickness. Check was as quick as it could get in Peru. (Trust me). The internet connection was also included was awesome and I measured it at about 18MB since I needed to run an online class also that week. The lobby is amazing interesting with the Inca and Spanish tones. The breakfast is amazing and as a Gold/Platnium member its included. The location is just around the corner from the main square and plenty of tienda and restaurants close by. Also, interesting is to go to the lower levels and check out the small museum and the Inca wall which I understood to be part of an old monestary. Amazing service and ambiance . We cant wait to stay again.

Room Tip: Well the rooms are small and like a NYC room. So if any ask for the room overlooking the check in e...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sanguru1969
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Marriott Rewards Member,

Thank you very much for the comments left on Tripadvisor, I really appreciate the time you have taken to tell us some details of your stay with us.

It is so gratifying to know that you and your family had an awesome experience during your stay with us, that shows the dedication and enthusiasm that our staff put in their service giving you such an awesome experience since you arrived, during check in giving you coca tea followed by a prompt service.

We have thought in all our guest may need to have a pleasant stay and part of it is the internet access because there are always duties to attend. I am glad you loved the lobby, our history and that you could visit our exhibition rooms as well as enjoying our varied and nourishing breakfast.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services, they serve us an invaluable tool to continue giving an excellent service. I hope I can welcome you in the near future.

JW Marriott Hotel Cusco

Write a ReviewReviews (2,873)

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

One of my all time favorite hotels. Stayed here for 3 nights prior to our hike of the Inca Trail. The hotel is beautiful, the service is wonderful and the food is great. Perfect location. I can't think of anything I didn't love about this hotel. Much better than the JW in Lima which had poor service.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ToddRCT
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience during your stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback and thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about us.

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing us and stayed with us before the Inca Trail hike, I hope you have enjoyed such a challenging but marvelous trek. I feel honored that you consider us one of your all-time favorite hotels.

I am glad you loved the hotel, our location, our kind and professional service and exquisite food, makes me feel proud of the team and the beautiful hotel I am working in.

Once again please accept my appreciation for your review, I hope we can welcome you back soon, it will be a pleasure to give you a delighting stay with the excellent service that only JW Marriott Cusco can give.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here after an Inca Trail Trek. We booked a night in order to have access to a hot tub and pool. The hotel and rooms are gorgeous, and we took advantage of the pools, but were not overly impressed with the staff. We reserved a car, but the hotel didn't follow through, and we ended up taking a cab (saving us money US$15 for the car, 20 soles for the taxi). Breakfast not included, WiFi not included. Felt like we were getting nickel and dimed to death. Location is very convenient to the Plaza de los Armas. We also ended up in a subterranean room which was very odd. Pool/spa area is gorgeous.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback and thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our product and service.

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing us, staying with us after the Inca Trail I hope you have enjoyed such a challenging trek. I am glad to know that you liked the hotel, location, rooms and our spa where we have a heated pool, sauna, steam room, showers and whirlpool ideal to enjoy after a hike like yours.

Unfortunately not everything was positive in your stay, so please accept my apologies for the inconveniences with our service specifically with the car you wanted to reserve. I am deeply sorry that we left that bad feeling on you about some services that are not included, we offer different rates according to guests needs some including breakfast, dinner, etc. You are very important for us therefore we will consider all your suggestions.

Once again please accept my appreciation for your review, I hope we can welcome you back soon, it will be a pleasure to give you a delighting stay with the excellent service you deserve in order to reverse the bad impression you have.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights to bookend our visit to machu picchu. As others have mentioned, the property is beautiful and at many times, service is excellent. Occasionally, though, the service falters. For example, when checking out of the hotel on our way to machu Picchu, I asked the front desk to send someone up to help us with our bags and I just got a blank stare. When I asked if it would be easier for us to just bring our own bags down, they nodded yes. We got a great deal through a promotion they were running thought the Marriott web site but if I had to pay rack rate, I'd probably book at one of the hotels at plaza nazarenas.

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us your comments letting us know your opinion which is very important for us in order to improve our service.

Staying four nights with us allowed you to give us a complete idea of our weaknesses and strengths. I gladly receive your comment about our beautiful hotel and excellent service and please rests assure that I will personally look over those details about service that is definitely not the kind of service we want to deliver. Please accept my sincerely apologies for that.

We would like to be honored by your preference in the future and you can stay with us and enjoy the dedicated service we would like to give you at any time.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This was one of the most beautiful hotels we've stayed at. An ancient monastery converted. The staff was amazing...they were the most hospitable hotel staff I had ever seen. Truly kind and professional. The rooms were great; our view of the room was an Inka wall; not good if you want light and if you are claustrophobic. One night we stayed with the Inka wall, 2nd night we had a normal view. The food was fantastic. The location could not have been better, right in the city center, walking distance to Plaza de Armas and everything else. We would love to stay there again! Definitely worth the money.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your encouraging comments about the hotel and our services, for us your opinion is really valuable.

I feel honored for you considering us one of the most beautiful hotels you have ever stayed at, it makes me happy to know that not only our architecture impressed you but also our kind and professional staff. Our staff is one of the most valuable things and I am really happy their passion for service made you feel at home.

I am glad you liked our rooms and that you could stay in one according to your preference. Our food as you describe is fantastic with the right combination of Peruvian and international flavors. Our location is so convenient and close to all main attractions.

I look forward to welcome you and your family back soon so that we can continue pampering you and this magical city continues charming you.

Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for some R & R after doing the 4-day Inca Trail Hike. It is a restored monastery from the 16th century, and they've done a beautiful job keeping a lot of the original structure intact, while making it feel very modern and comfortable. The rooms are nice, but fairly standard. The staff is uniformly outstanding and anxious to meet any and all needs with a smile! Treat yourself and stay here!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us on the Tripadvisor website.

Congratulations for hiking the Inca Trail! That must have been a wonderful experience hard to forget!

It makes me really happy to know that you have appreciated the history that involves this property, we are placed in the former Augustines’ Convent which started to be built in 1560 taking 85 years to finish it, and as you mentioned we could get a beautiful mixture with modern touches.

I felt so pleased when I read your comments about the staff service, certainly that makes me feel extremely proud of them, they are always giving their best and I am happy they made you feel at home showing you a sincere smile caring about your needs.

I am glad that you have enjoyed our beautiful country with all its natural and historical attractions. On behalf of all the staff of JW Marriott Cusco, we look forward to welcoming you in the not too distance future so that we can continue indulge you.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This property just opened a month ago. It is very close to the Plaza del Arms and one of the best JW properties I have stayed at. Staff was great, the hotel has historical signifigance and they do a great job showcasing that!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed our central location and I much appreciate that you consider us one of the best JW Marriott properties you have stayed at, that is gratifying to know.

I feel glad too that you could experience the great service offered by our friendly and attentive staff. Thank you for mentioning our historical side, it is a pride for us to exhibit Pre-Inca, Inca and Colonial remains not only in the exhibitions rooms but also in our common areas.

On behalf of all the staff of JW Marriott Cusco, we look forward to welcoming you and your family in the not too distant future.