“Stunning Property!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Stunning Property!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I visited Cusco for our anniversary from April 26-29, 2014. The hotel is absolutely stunning. We were amazed at every turn how Marriott was able to transform this property into one of the most beautiful properties I have ever stepped foot in. Rooms were comfortable and luxurious. The service was of the highest caliber and everyone we came in contact with wore a genuine smile and made you feel like you were their only guest. I cannot wait to return to Cusco and the JW Marriott!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear guest,

Let me express my appreciation for sharing with us your kind comments through the Trip Advisor website.

I am very pleased that you have chosen the JW Marriott Cusco and this magical city in order to celebrate your anniversary, please accept my sincere congratulations about that.
It is a real honor that you mention our hotel is one of the most beautiful properties, thank you very much for it, we are very proud to preserve our historical legacy and make part of this to our guest.

I am glad to know that we exceeded the expectations of our most important guests like you. All of our associates are committed to provide the best service ever, definitely each of them are a good Marriott Ambassadors.

Your comments encourages us to continue in pursuit of excellence in the service we provide to our guests as important as you.

I hope we can host you again in the near future; and share with you the perfect combination between the Peruvian hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers.

If you would think we should improve in any specific issue of our products or services, please feel free to contact me. In order to find the best way to always reach our guests needs, and the excellence in the service.

Warm regards ,

JW Marriott Cusco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the JW Marriott Cusco and loved every bit of it. A converted monastery, the hotel is full of charm and beautiful architectural details. Yes, the room is a bit small, but with so much to do in Cusco and around the hotel grounds (including a very lovely pool, spa and bar), you won't want to spend much time in the room. The location is perfect and the restaurant (especially the breakfast buffet) is exceptional for a hotel. We can't wait to visit again real soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your beautiful review with us through the Trip Advisor website

I feel deeply honored that you chose the JW Marriott Cusco for your stay in this historic city. Hotel that was built thinking in the experiences that our guest would have during their stay with us, and also we tried to maintain the structure of the San Augustine’s Convent without leaving the comfort of the JW Marriott.

As you mentioned this is not a common hotel, for our guest, besides the comfortable rooms, we have created the way they could enjoy our facilities, for example every night at 18hrs. we have a tour for the hotel this without charge, where we explain you the history about this Convent, the process of it construction , our goal is you have a pleasant stay and also you could learn a little be more about our historical legacy of which we are very proud.

We will be looking forward to receiving you one again in the not too distance future, and offer you the special combination of Peruvian hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers.

If we can be of any other assistance within the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. It will be a pleasure to assist you.

Pocono Pines, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is so beautiful with the use of stone and wood. It takes your breathe away. The staff is there for your every need and so helpful. The rooms are well appointed, very modern, and the beds are so comfortable! We are so happy we chose this hotel to start our trek to Machu Picchu. Well worth it!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Claudia G, Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us through our Trip Advisor website.

It really flatters me to read your kind comment regarding our property that was part of San Augustine’s Convent; it retains the essences of it in combination with the JW Marriott comfort.

I am really glad to know you enjoyed our room facilities and its comfort the same that was made for guest like you that need to relax and recover energies after a long tour. I am very pleased to know that we exceeded the expectations of our most important guests like you. All of our associates are committed in order to provide you the best service and also go beyond your expectations.

Once again thank you for your kindness and for choosing our property as your home in the city of Cusco, I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Compared to the one in Lima this is a far much better hotel. Where to start ? Rooms , restaurant , service, location all superb. Can't fault this hotel it is beautifull in an old monesterio close the plaza de Armas. Highly recommended !!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

I would like to express my appreciation for sharing with us your kind through our Trip Advisor website.

I am very pleased that you had a wonderful stay and you enjoyed our outlets like the restaurant, our comfortable rooms, the excellent service, and of course the best location you can find in Cusco. It is a real honor that a guest like you could recommend us, thank you very much for that.

If you would think we should improve in any specific issue of our products or services, please feel free to contact us. In order to find the best way to always reach our guests needs, and the excellence in the service.

Warm regards

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice. Be sure you ask for extra oxygen in your room (only $20 for 24 hours.) Room was a bit small. No door on bathroom. Restaurant was excellent. Service was very good too. Pool is indoors in basement.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Claudia G, Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear guest,

Our oxygen system has been created thinking about the tranquility and security of each of our guests, helping them to adapt fast for the high altitude of this ancient City has.

I am very pleased to know you could enjoy our restaurant and spa as well, and received the service you deserved. I am really proud of each of our associates because they have a genuine care of our guest and are really Ambassadors of Marriott in Cusco.

We will be looking forward to receiving you one again in the not too distance future, and offer you the special combination of Cusco hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers.

If we can be of any other assistance within the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. It will be a pleasure to assist you.

Warm regards,

boston, ma
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Wow, this was converted 2 years ago from a former monastery and takes an entire city block. We had a beautiful 2 queen bed room overlooking the gorgeous courtyard. They offer a walking tour at 6pm every day. Must be very interesting to learn about the history of this place but we were on a tour and couldn't make it back. Service was top notch. The pool and sauna luxurious and oh so empty. Breakfast buffet was beautifully presented and with so much variety, as with all Peruvian food they are delicious. We had just came back from Tambo del Inka in the Sacred Valley, the decors between these two 5 star properties are very similar with central fireplaces, Andes symbols. Have to pay a small fee for room wifi, but lobby is free, so you see a lot of people hanging out at the lobby. This is among the best JWM in the world.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Claudia G, Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I feel deeply honored for the kind words you expressed at the TripAdvisor website. And also, please let me express my gratitude for choosing the JW Marriott Cusco as a destination during your stay in this magical city.

My staff and I feel really proud of the legacy we guard in the property as you mention this is a former convent that after a long restoration process became the JW Marriott Cusco, it is a really unique Hotel located in the heart of Cusco for that reason we decided to do the hotel tour all nights for those that wants to learn more about our interesting history, this totally without charge.

It is a pleasure work in this beautiful and special city so our porpoise is maintain the culture using typical products in our food carefully chosen for you.

Once again thank you for your kindness and for choosing the JW Marriott Cusco as your home in the city of Cusco, I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

To date my favourite city in the world! JW Marriott was any easy choice for my family of 4. Although the rooms are small, there is the advantage of having many comfortable sitting areas in and around the Lobby. There were people sitting around quietly nodding off trying to minimise the effect of the altitude.
The food in the bar area was fantastic and the staff were charming.
I would not think twice about recommending this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

We thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us though the Trip Advisor website. Hereby we would like to extend our appreciation for choosing the JW Marriott Cusco, as a destination during your stay.

It is a real honor to know that you and your family enjoyed our property and facilities in addition with the service we provide that truly reflects the commitment of each of our associates , I am really proud of them.

I am pleased you could enjoy our food at the bar, which is a clear example of dedication of our chef and all Food & Beverage team who are taking care about every detail in order to do your restaurant experience the best ever.

My staff and I look forward to receiving you one again in the not too distance future, and offer you the special combination of Cusco hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers.

Kind regards,