“Awesome is the Word”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Evergreen, Colorado
“Awesome is the Word”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The blend of Inca stone with modern day luxury is the allure of this gorgeous hotel. We stayed twice, the first room on the fourth floor had a small window which provide views of Cusco on the hills. Great. The second room was 341 overlooking the courtyard -with a balcony. The service and authentic warmth of the employees like Luciana, Andrea, Giovanni worked with us to help save our airline problems. Bring a swimsuit because you will want to go to the spa pool to relax and reflect on the day's sightseeing. Anita is awesome with her deep tissue massage. The service and food in the hotel restaurant is excellent. I had no problems with eating the salad and their onsite bakery produces the best rolls. The morning's buffest has everything you could possibly choose and sustained us until dinner. The waiters Maria Gracia, Manuel, Eddy and George turned the experience into a great memory.

Room Tip: The fourth floor rooms give a good view above the roofline, they are a bit smaller but loved the vie...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear guest,

Hereby I would like to extend my appreciation for choosing the JW Marriott Cusco, as a destination for your stay in this magical city and also for sharing your beautiful review with us through the Trip Advisor web site.

Thank you for appreciating the heritage that this property guards; I agree with you when you mention that this is a gorgeous hotel blending the modern assets and luxury.

It really flatters me to read your generous comments regarding our service and makes me proud that my team members took care of the small details to make you feel welcome and appreciated. Rest assure that I will personally congratulate Luciana Cabrera, Andrea Valdivia, Giovanni Murillo, Maria Gracia Troncoso, Manuel Aguayo, Eddy Arapa and George Cruz for crafting great memories.

I look forward to welcome you again at the JW Marriott Cusco, so you can keep on discovering the magic of this ancient city.

Please if there is anything I may assist you in the future do not hesitate to contact me personally.

JW Marriott Cusco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orlando
Reviewed 16 May 2014

When you pick up the hard bound book that describes the 7 year project that went into the restoration of this monestary...you know you've happened onto something special. The place is beautiful (as the pictures show). We might have had one of the worst rooms in the hotel...but we loved it. It overlooked the entry courtyard, next to the elevator. Very quiet and cozy. Loved having dinner fireside in the bar and walking around plaza at night. Great breakfast, mimosas (best ever), friendly staff, short taxi ride to airport. Only stayed one night after 5 nights at the Tambo del Inka in Sacred Valley. Two wonderful (but very different) experiences.

Dear guest,

Let me express my appreciation for sharing with us your kind comments through the Trip Advisor website.

My staff and I feel really proud of the legacy we guard in the property as you mention this is a former San Augustine’s Convent that after a long restoration process became the JW Marriott Cusco, it is a really unique Hotel located in the heart of Cusco.

I am glad to know that we exceeded the expectations and you enjoyed our quiet and cozy rooms and our friendly staff. Also it makes me happy to hear you loved the fireplace, the peaceful walks at night by the main courtyard and the great breakfast we offer.

I hope we can host you again in the near future; and share again with you the perfect combination between the Peruvian hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Service is a good and very helpful. There are plenty of people to assist you. If noise bothers you avoid a room on the street. They are VERY noisy. The front desk had no issue with us switching rooms to one that was located in the back. Rooms were very nice and well appointed. Boris makes a fabulous Pisco sour. The quesadilla at the bar was delicious — we had been traveling for a month so were craving some North American food. WiFi is only free in the lobby. We paid 67 soles for 3 nights for premium service in our room. Not my favorite thing to do, but I was able to stream videos. If you are there Sunday, make sure you dine at the buffet (so much more than a buffet though) in the courtyard. The hotel was very gracious in delivering a birthday cake after noticing we were celebrating a birthday while visiting, a nice touch. Make sure you visit the pool spa on the lower level.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere thanks for taking the time to share with us and travelers your kind review through the Trip Advisor Website.

Also thank you very much for choosing the JW Marriott Cusco as place to stay in this unique city and of course for choosing our magnificent country.

It is very satisfying to know that our service provided by our well trained associates as the hotel outlets were pleased and we were able to meet your expectations. We have no doubts all of them are really committed with the excellence that Marriott characterized.

In Peru, our traditional drink is the Pisco sour, which is certainly delicious, but if is prepared with great care and dedication as Boris gives, taste far better! I am very happy to know you could enjoy our food and beverage options, which undoubtedly were intended to meet a part of our historical monuments, the good Peruvian hands those who I feel very proud.

I am very pleased you liked the small detail we gave you, definitely for us details are the things that makes a great experience even better if is in the hotel.

It will be a pleasure to receive you back again in our property in order to keep providing the service you deserve and expect.

If I can be of any other assistance within the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It will be a pleasure to assist you.

Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 14 May 2014

anglina (the lady with glasses as she is known) went out of her way to saved our trip to MP. You have to pay at the national bank for tickets, the bank we went to was closed. Anglina was able to find another branch, but it was near closing time. She said she would go there for us since we didn't no the way (on her own time). this lady saved our vacation. Other member gave excellent service. Thanks Again L.Lew

Room Tip: excellent location for food and sights
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
JWMarriottCusco, Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear guest,

Let me let me express my gratitude for sharing your rewarding comment with us through the Trip Advisor website.

Hereby I would like to extend my appreciation for choosing the JW Marriott Cusco, as a destination for your stay in this lovely city.

I am very pleased to know you enjoyed our excellent service especially from our associate Angelita of whom I feel proud, definitely she is a good Marriott Ambassador in Cusco. And of course I am very happy to know you could enjoy the beauty of the wonderful Machupicchu.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is just beautiful! The architecture is detailed. They have a wonderful service. I want to thank Mariano Florez for the care of taking time of touring me to the museum they have in the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Please accept my appreciation for choosing the JW Marriott Cusco, as a destination for your stay in this ancient city and also for sharing comments on the Trip Advisor website.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and even more than you were able to be delighted by our beautiful architecture that makes our property unique. As you mention we have two exhibition areas where we display the pre inca, inca, colonial remains.

We feel really proud of the legacy we guard. I will personally thank our Loss Prevention Supervisor, Mariano Florez for being such a wonderful host.

Sincerely I look forward to welcome you again at the JW Marriott Cusco.

Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium
Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a lovely hotel in the middle of a busy intersection !! Friendly staff , top service and a great
Bar !! Location was perfect and the restaurant was also good ... A bit of less choice for vegetarians
But nonetheless enjoyed staying in this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on first or second floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
JWMarriottCusco, Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear guest,

Let me let me express my appreciation for sharing your kind comment with us through the Trip Advisor website.

Hereby I would like to extend my appreciation for choosing the JW Marriott Cusco, as a destination for your stay in this magical city.

I am very pleased to know you enjoyed our property also our friendly staff, clearly they are a good examples of commitment and dedication and definitely they are excellent Marriott Ambassadors in Cusco.

Thank you very much for taking the time to mention our hotel facilities as our Qespi bar and restaurant, rest assured we are going to follow up your valuable comment that is a tool for us for our improvement. This encourages us to continue in pursuit of excellence in the service we provide to our guests as important as you.

Aptos, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This has to be one of the best hotels we have ever had the pleasure of staying in. The service is sincere, friendly, helpful and treat you like a VIP. Our room was a balcony room overlooking the courtyard and was very well appointed. We enjoyed a dip in the spa pool on the lower level.

I am a business traveler and fly 60K a year. One of the best beds and showers ever.

After our second night, the staff went out of their way to know our names, breakfast preferences, etc. We didn't have dinner there, but did have snacks in the lobby lounge which were a meal in themselves. The best Pisco Sour in town! Some might say that is overpriced, but I would disagree. If you want the best service and accommodations in Cusco with a great location, this IS the place to stay. Thanks to the marvelous staff of the JW Cusco! You are the best and really made our stay a memorable experience. We hope to come back soon.

Room Tip: Try one of the balcony rooms overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hiromi H, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear guest,

Let me let me express my gratitude for sharing your valuable comment with us through the Trip Advisor website.

I am very pleased that you have chosen the JW Marriott Cusco and this magical city in order to spend your vacations. It is a real honor that such a good traveler like you, mention our hotel is one of the finest hotel in Cusco and also have one of the best beds and showers ever, thank you very much for this kind comment.

It really flatters me to read your generous comments regarding our service and makes me proud that my team members took care of the small details to make you feel welcome and appreciated, all of our associates are committed to provide the best service ever and honesty we believe that each of our guest are VIPs in house.

Thank you very much for taking the time to mention our hotel facilities as our Qespi bar and I am honored that you rate our Pisco Sour as the best in town and I agree with you. I am glad you had the chance to enjoy one of our Terrace rooms that overlooks our beautiful courtyard that is definitely one of my favorite rooms.

Thank you again for your kind words and please if you ever plan to come back to Cusco feel free to contact me; I would really enjoy welcoming you back at the JW Marriott Cusco