“JWM in Cusco rocks”

Ranked #9 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is located in a desirable spot within Cusco, and it's beautiful. The staff is predictably, very helpful, as they always are at Marriott hotels. The desk clerk Bryan was the first to greet us and he checked us in, as well as took us to our room. The breakfast staff manager was also wonderful and very helpful. She made sure we had everything we needed each morning. I highly recommend this hotel if you're in Cusco.

Room Tip: There are two levels below ground and they are exceptionally quiet. I do not know the noise level on...
1  Thank Jjj R
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Jjj R,

I am glad to know that you liked our location, the hotel’s beauty and that the staff was friendly and helpful following JW Marriott standards showing the passion for serving our guests. I will extend my congratulations to Bryan who took well care of you.

It is good to know that our breakfast delighted you as well as the service provided.
I appreciate your gesture on recommending us. If you are thinking to come back in the future, please feel free to contact me directly, will be a pleasure assist you.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

From start to finish one of the best hotel experiences. 6 nights at the Marriott in Cusco was a pleasure. The staff was friendly and helpful to an extreme. Our room was comfortable, clean with great amenities. Every request made at the front desk was promptly fulfilled. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Xandra620,

Thank you for your comments, considering us one of your best hotel experiences!
I am happy to know that you could expend 6 nights with us, experiencing our great quick service and staff sincere friendliness.

I am glad you could enjoy your room having all you need and deserve. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my dad last June (sorry for the late review). It's such a cosy place and I really loved the setting and the beautiful furniture. It looks like in a castle. The staff is very friendly and the lobby is kinda the eating area as well. The hotel is in a very central location and you can reach the plaza or bus station by feet. I especially liked the walk to the hotel through this narrow streets feeling like in a knights movie. Overall a really good hotel, with great service at a great location. Cusco is one of my favourite places I have visited so far. I will for sure be back. So if anyone knows about a great language center and a guest house to stay for a few months, please let me know.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mrs. Brendaontour,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments about your stay with us, it is very important for us to know our guests opinions and recommendations.

I would like to thank you for your preference and come with your dad and could appreciate the details and décor of this beautiful property making you feel like in a castle and please accept my appreciation for your honest comment about our friendly staff.

I am glad to know that you liked our location and that you loved the beautiful city of Cusco. We will be more than happy to welcome you and your family back.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

First, and foremost, let me start by saying that Bryan (Brian) was the most helpful employee in the entire hotel. All the employees were extremely helpful, but Bryan made our stay extremely enjoyable. The outside look of the hotel leaves lots to be surprised about upon entering this amazing hotel. The outdoor patios/courtyards, the inside lobby, the bar, the restaurant...they were top notch. You can also also tour the hotel, since it is a renovated cathedral. I am totally bummed I missed out on the tour tha twas offered by Bryan upon checking in.

The location is perfect. We walked every where. It made our experience very memorable. If you are gong to plan a trip to Cusco, I would highly recomment staying at the JW Marriot Cusco.

Dear guest,

I appreciate your positive comments that encourage and motivate us to continue delivering a great service every day.

I will personally congratulate Bryan for giving you a splendid service helping you any time you needed as well as all the staff that made you stay enjoyable.
I am so glad to know that you loved the hotel itself its beauty, elegance, comfort and colonial past charms anyone who come and visit us. I hope next time you come you can take the tour and know a lot more about the pre Inca, Inca al Colonial remains found.

Finally I would like to thank your gesture of recommending us to the Tripadvisor followers. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future so that you can continue exploring Cusco marvels.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I travel a bit and this hotel was just great. Clean, modern, great attention by very nice employees. Beautiful with great history. The free tour was interesting, but short and worth it. It was very close to the square (which was not as much fun because of all the hawkers), and very close to the restaurants to San Blas - just go up the hill instead of around the corner, and you will be there. I was not that fond of Cusco (compared to the rest of the valley), but this hotel was exceptionally nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jibbyjit,

Sincerely, I really appreciate the kind words you use to describe us and our staff that are always eager to help and serve our guests. I value you interest on knowing a little bit more about our history by taking the guided tour, we feel very proud of the remains found in the property during constructions that now we are taking care and showing to all our visitors.
I am glad that our location result convenient for you and that you really liked and enjoyed the hotel. We truly hope you can come back in the near future we will be pleased to welcome you.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I visited this wonderful hotel and think it is important to acknowledge the great customer service offered by staff. At the JW Marriotts, I spent six days and on the final night, it appeared I was experiencing symptoms of altitude sickness.
I made a call to the lobby and within 5 minutes a representative came up to the room. Many thanks to Paramedic Ricardo Riveira who attended to me so quickly. He was very attentive and professional. He took my pressure, measured my oxygen level and gave an explanation for everything that was being done. It was first class service from this paramedic. Within 30 minutes after the oxygen was activated in the room, I felt much better.
Knowing that I was scheduled to travel the following morning, he returned to ensure everything was okay.

Thanks to JW Marriotts and thanks to Mr. Rivera
D. Seale

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Mr. Seale

Please accept my appreciation for you kind words and all the generous comments you made about our property and more over about the service of our staff.

I am really happy to know that our attentive paramedic Mr. Rivera took good care of you and assisted you to ease the uncomfortable high altitude symptoms. Rest assure that I will congratulate him for having an honest care of our guests and for being a true Marriott Ambassador in Cusco.

I hope that maybe in the future you plan a next visit to Cusco and we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed two nights last week at this amazing hotel. We were impressed all the way from top to bottom. The hotel has a very unique history and they share that every day at 6 pm with the guests. The restaurants are excellent. I had the best veggie burger and asian salad at dinner. The breakfast spread is almost 50 ft if not more with all possible varieties and combination. I will strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Heatflux

It is a joy to read that you could enjoy our guided tour by the property and got the chance to know a little more about the hotel history. This is a monument that we proudly guard and love that our guest can enjoy it.

I am happy to hear to had a great meal at our restaurant and also enjoyed the succulent breakfast.

I hope you can visit us in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff if there is anything we may assist you in.