“very nice and centrally located hotel”

Ranked #8 of 167 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“very nice and centrally located hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

During our recent trip to Machu Picchu, we spent a couple of nights at the JW Marriott hotel in Cusco. This hotel is very well located in Cusco---allowing you to walk to shops and the main square at all times of the day and evening very safely. The staff here is very helpful and nice. The "must" in this place is the almond croissant that are in the breakfast buffet set-up-----this thing is the best I have ever eaten in all my travels!! I think it is worth staying at this hotel just to get another chance to eat this yummy croissant. The hotel is also within walking distance to the Monasterio Hotel where they have wonderful opera singing with dinner three times a week. The food is not the best we have eaten in Peru----but the evening entertainment more than make up for it.
I will stay at this hotel again without any hesitation if I visit Cusco again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Drkblim,

First of all let me thank you for leaving your comment on the Tripadvisor website, I very much appreciate your feedback and giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services.
It is so rewarding for me to know that you loved the hotel, our location and good service and thank you for your intention to come back, that shows the great level of satisfaction you had during your stay. I am so glad you liked the almond croissants we serve in our breakfast buffet; it is delicious and one of my favorites for breakfast too!
Once again thank you very much for your feedback, we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

JW Marriott El Convento Cusco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed at the JW Marriott during a conference in Cusco. The staff were welcoming and very helpful: when I came down with a cold, they were happy to extend my check-out at no cost. The room was comfortable and quiet, despite its central location; breakfast was ample. Just steps away from the Plaza de Armas. Usual exorbitant charge for in-room WiFi, but free lobby and restaurant WiFi was fine.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear SanTrav71,

Thank you for your feedback giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services letting us know if they were according to our standards and what guests like you expect. I do believe that our guest’s comments are a powerful tool to improve our service and achieve excellence.
I am glad to know that for professional matters you stayed with us and could have an impeccable experience from beginning to end and that the great team I am working with took care about all your needs empathizing with you.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities giving you the comfort you deserve.
We look forward to welcome you back soon so that you can continue enjoying the Imperial City of Cusco and JW Marriott El Convento Cusco service.

Kind Regards,

Orem, Utah
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at this lovely hotel for two nights before hiking the inca trail to Machu Picchu. The hotel itself is absolutely stunning. The front part is a renovated convent, and the architecture is really amazing. The buffet breakfast was superb and the service was top notch. Everyone who worked there was amazingly helpful and courteous. They stored our luggage for us while we went on the inca trail. We also ate dinner at the restaurant one night, and it was very good and reasonably priced.
I had a massage while I was there, and it was really top notch.
I wish I could give the hotel more than 5 stars. My husband kept wistfully comparing every other place we stayed at in South America to this one -- it was that good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Denée T,

Congratulations for hiking the Inca Trail! it was made only for the brave ones, so you are one of those!

I would like to thank you for giving us the details of your stay and your appreciation of the property and services we provide. I value your comments about the hotel’s architecture, delicious buffet breakfast and dinner, our enthusiastic service, the staff is our best and priceless asset demonstrating everyday how identified and happy they feel working in this unique hotel.
I am glad to know that you had time to pamper yourself at the spa and enjoyed the privileged hands of our therapists.
I feel honored with your rating and humbly accept all the stars you want to give us!
We hope you and your husband can come back soon so that we can indulge you one more time at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco.

Cordially yours,

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Gorgeous property, combining history and modern elements. This hotel actually does a tour of the property every day at 6 to show off all of the Inca artifacts. We never made it, but it does a great job of showcasing all of its artifacts. Has a great breakfast, nice rooms, very clean and in a very good location just a few minutes walk to the square.

Room Tip: Upgraded room was huge, very nice. Get the Courtyard room if its the same cost, a bit larger and nic...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear weaselz99

Sincerely it is really rewarding for me that a traveler like you qualifies this property as the top on South America; please accept my appreciation for your generous words. The JW Marriott Cusco has been opened since September 2012 and since then me and my team have worked hard to tuned up the service and all the details to create memorable experiences to our guest. Reviews like yours really make me proud.
I am so glad to know that you could appreciate our historical past and the perfect combination we did blending the colonial remains found with the JW elegance. We all feel proud of the piece of history we host and take care showing this land’s archeological wealth.
Thank you for preferring us among other options in town, it means a lot for us and encourage us to continue bringing a peerless service.

Best Regards,

New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel is absolutely stunning. Its right in the middle of the old town, so its a great place to set out on foot for some shopping. The room and service were also superb - typical JW service. The breakfasts buffet was well stocked with high end foods and the bar was a great place to kick back. Staff was extremely helpful. And the rooms were sumptuous. Pricier than other hotels in the area but for a good reason! Its worth it

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear wake 15272

I feel grateful for your kind comments, I am happy to know that you loved the hotel and it location which is perfect for guests interested on visiting this beautiful city, but most of all is to know that we exceeded you expectations with our incomparable JW service.
As well as our service, the product we offer is exceptional with our comfortable rooms, bar, varied buffet breakfast, common areas, gorgeous courtyard and relaxing spa which worth every penny.
I truly hope you can come back to this magical city, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back to continue delighting you.

Sincerely yours,

Sao paulo
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the JW Marriott Cusco on June 27, 2014. The front desk was very helpful and the ambience was unforgettable. Of notable mention was the service provided by the in house paramedics specifically Ricardo Cardenas who assisted us at 12 midnight, gave us oxygen and reassured us that we would be ok. The staff and manager of the dining area should also be commended. We will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and business associates.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Penayups,

I am very pleased to know that your stay in June was so pleasant most of all for the excellent staff service at front desk, restaurant and security department showing you how important you are for us, a good example of it was the experience you mention with Ricardo who assisted you when you needed the most not worrying about the time only for your well-being.
We are glad to know that you will recommend us, that is the best and more gratifying way to make ourselves known. We will be looking forward to receiving you one again in the not too distance future, and offer you the special combination of Cusco hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers.

Cordially yours,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at this wonderful property and were amazed at the property which is beautiful and superb. The check in was smooth and the rooms are superb. The breakfast and the spread was typical excellent. The hotel has oxygen supplement and that helped a lot and made the stay very comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floor were very good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Ajaybgarg,

I am happy to know that you enjoyed the property, I agrre with you when you mention that this is a nice and cosy place and that is because of the rich decoration and the warmth of our staff that love that have an honest caring for our guest. I am also glad to know that the check in process was smooth and that the room exceeded your expectations and that the breakfast offering was delicious but moreover I am happy that you used oxygen supplement and that it help you to adjust to Cusco’s altitude. In the oxygen plan we use high technology to pumped 99% oxygen directly to all of our rooms and give our guest the chance to relive the high altitude sickness symptoms.

Sincerely please accept my thankfulness for choosing JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,