“The Best Ayahuasca Retreat!”

Etnikas Ayahuasca Retreats
Ranked #57 of 1,263 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Etnikas Ayahuasca healing retreats, your safety is our priority. With over 30 years experience, we offer intensive Ayahuasca healing retreats integrating doctors & indigenous shaman from the Andes and Amazon of Peru. Our retreat are authentic and traditional base on the philosophy of the Inca religion. The healers we work with come from families with traditions of shamanism. The Shipibo healer shaman we work with are specialists in ayahuasca ceremonies using centuries-old traditions & techniques. The Q’ero priests, are the direct descendant of the Incas. They perform ancient healing ceremonies such a offering to Pachamama or Mother Earth. Our medical health team consisting of a psychiatrist, cardiologist, internal medicine, psychologist, general practitioner & nurses. Located in Taray, Sacred Valley, two hours drive from Machupicchu. The retreat involves volunteering with Human Actions NGO. We focus on animal rescue, environmental conservation & social development.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 1 April 2013

A real life changing experience! The whole thing was done with up most respect and attention to my well being. I felt safe and secure with a a doctor on hand during the experience and the way the shaman handled the process left me having the single most powerful positive experience of my life. The feeling I left the retreat with was very grounding and gave added a physicality to spirituality. Thank you to all the people involved!! I'll be back...

58  Thank Mark D
"questions answered"
"first night"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 29 March 2013

I contacted them and said I would be a few hours late and was told this would be OK. After being there 3 days with very little to show for it, was informed that being late, and what I missed by being late, was the cause of me having no real effect from the ayahuasca. I don't discount what it did for the others in the group, but this isn't their review. Bottom line is I paid 350$ for 48 hours of diarrhea and to hear everyone else's grand experiences.

72  Thank GaryW912
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The 3 day 2 night retreat with Etnika's was a very deep and meaningful experience. Everything was very professionally organized by fantastic people, who will make sure you feel comfortable during the whole stay at the retreat center and the whole process which seems to be rough, will go as smoothly as possible. If you are looking for purification of yourself with the help of wise and sacred Ayahuasca, Etnika's is the right place. Incredible! I feel so refreshed, tranquil and I have lots of good energy. Muchas Gracias!

10  Thank AdamPotega
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was a little worried about travelling to Peru by myself trying this plant. But the Etnika Healing Centre was very professional & took the worrying out of the process. The staff & Teddy were very friendly & helpful. I was very glad I chose Etnika & have recomennded the retreat to family and friends who are searching for something different in their lives. thanks Ricky

14  Thank Ricky C
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I had been to Peru before, done the Machu Picchu thing, and ventured into various tourist hot spots. This was something very different.

First for those that are thinking most about the "Ayahuasca" part and tripping out, don't partake in the retreat for this reason. Unless I just have a high tolerance, or this batch was weak, DMT has nothing on high quality LSD, mushrooms, or mescaline. In addition you have to be ready for massive amounts of vomiting/diarrhea throughout the process. It is brutal and the trip is minor. But that's not the reason to go, and I'd do it again, and again.

For me it was about separation. Material chaos, commercialism, society, and overall stress from fighting my way up the corporate ladder each day. The event was very refreshing and offered me the ability to for the first time quiet myself, think, reflect, and receive guidance from someone not trying to get me to upgrade my internet, vehicle, or wardrobe.

I'm not going to go through the whole thing step by step. it was the right length of time, the environment was very clean, safe, and supportive, and I walked away feeling very good about my decision to go. Teddy and Sandra are truly dedicated to their path. They glow with desire to express their culture & history in this way. I'm very happy they and the masters did so with me.

I do recommend doing this for sure. it is not for children, and if you go with another person, make it the right people. You are going to get close to them in ways you didn't think were possible. It is very emotional.

51  Thank johncalvinsawyer