“Etnikas in Oregon”

Etnikas Ayahuasca Retreats
Ranked #54 of 909 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Our ayahuasca retreats have been developed with both Andes Qero and Amazonian Shipibo Shaman. They come from families with traditions of shamanism, using centuries-old traditions and techniques. The retreat is run in a traditional manner extending from the way the plant medicine is prepared to the ancient knowledge and customs of the Shipibo and Qero cultures.The traditional base of the retreat is tempered with modern medical practices to ensure our guest safety and allow them to assimilate the experience in the best way possible. The retreat include two ayahuasca ceremonies. Etnikas has a multi-disciplinary health team consisting of a Cardiologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, General Practitioner, Emergency nurse who complement the highly experienced native Andean and Amazonian shaman. A Doctor is on site 24 hours a day during retreats with access to a full range of state of the art emergency medical equipment. We have been operating for over 30 years (much longer than other retreat centers) and safety has always been our top priority. We have a vast amount with over 7200 satisfied guests coming to our center. Trip advisor have granted us the ‘certificate of excellence’ for the last 4 years consecutively (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) with over 200 five star reviews.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Hello friends, I am writing this review from the experiences I had over a year ago when Etnikas came to the US, Oregon for a few weeks. I am long overdue in this review, but better late then never, perhaps? The experience I had both as a participant and then later as a helper made me realize that this is the true anti-depressent...the true way to give yourself a spiritual boost and to let go of past negativities that you may have been holding onto. Make no mistake...this is not a "fun psychedelic trip", it is work. It is hard heart work. You will be tested and you will not have your mind or your body to fall back on, as we are used to. You are required to experience life only from your true heart for a time, but it the rewards are well worth the effort. I must say, though, that the Etnikas crew will tell you that this ceremony is but a nudge in the right direction. It is up to the individual to maintain that momentum through spiritual practice, gratitude, and most importantly, love. (nam myaho ringe kyo) Please, please go and experience this wonderful healing. Young, old, man, woman, everyone should do this...especially in our culture. We in the US need this. Badly. There are many people here who do not remember their connection to mother earth. I digress...If it were possible to put 10 stars on this review, I would do it. Please do yourself a favor and let Etnikas help you to open your heart and fly free. I did and it is quite possibly the most uplifting and enriching experience of my entire life. Thank you for reading and thank you Etnikas! -Brian K

2  Thank Brian K
There are newer reviews for Etnikas Ayahuasca Retreats

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I did a ton of research before deciding to experience Ayahuasca months before my trip to Cuzco. I had read the amazing reviews for Etnika's and was confident I would have a good experience with them, so went ahead and booked and am SOOOOO happy I did. The people that work here are truly amazing and I will remember them for the rest of my life. They were so kind and caring, and full of love. I felt very comfortable with them. After seeing a couple others have a bad experience, I realize Ayahuasca is not for everyone. It is very important that you follow the guidelines they give you in advance. It is a strictly spiritual experience and not recreational. Your intent is very important going into it. I practice yoga and meditation on a regular basis and believe that helped my experience to be so incredibly positive. It's been a week since my retreat and I feel like a new person. It truly changed my life. I tear up in happiness every time I reflect on my experience. If you are going to do an Ayahuasca retreat, I highly recommend you do it through Etnika's, they are amazing, beautiful people and will take very good care of you. THANK YOU ETNIKA'S!!!!

2  Thank Rachilli7
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have waited two weeks to let things sink in before writing. My son and I decided to do this together to help us with our own development but more importantly to improve our mutual relationship. I think the retreat worked very well on both fronts and this was in no small way due to the extraordinary energy, love and compassion of our guide and mentor Joanna. Ayahuasca is not for the faint of heart and there is the possibility of going to places that could be quite terrifying. What I think is unique about Etnika's is that the staff go out of their way to create a loving and safe environment. There is so much emphasis on love and heart and the shaman and his partner worked closely with Joanna to provide what I perceived to be an effective safety net so that the overall experience was enlightening and very positive. When I left I felt that a weight had been lifted and I was revitalized by our three-day retreat. My son was seeking relief from anxiety, hopelessness and bouts of depression and he felt transformed and empowered. Through the shared experiences we expressed our love for each other and addressed buried issues in our relationship so it was a strong bonding experience to boot. Now we are back at work some negative karma is creeping back but I think we both feel strong enough to withstand that. Etnika's is beautifully situated in a serene location. The staff are very friendly and the meals simple but nutritious and tasty. The housekeeper is a very nice person with always a ready smile and the price seems reasonable given the amount of attention we received. I have heard it said that you have to go to the Amazon to reap the full effects of Ayahuasca but I can't imagine anything stronger or more profound than the brew we ingested. If you are looking for a safe and lovingly supported experience I don't think you can do better than Etnika's.

5  Thank ANDREW S
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I went to cusco with the idea to of experience ayahuasca, but we didn't plan it months ahead or anything, so we checked reviews from other people about this healing center and we decided to give it a try. They were very professional and after we personally went to their healing center and paid them, they went the next day to the hotel that we were staying at to "clean us" and after it for the next 48 hrs it wasn't recommendable for us to drink alcohol, eat spices or eat red meat and pork. At this time, i honestly wasn't fully sure what it was going to happen and i was very nervous and anxious, in the other hand my husband was very excited. The day arrived and since we signed up for the private ceremony they picked us up at our hotel and took us to villa alegre, we started with the coca leaf reading which it was incredible, the shaman happened to know our concerns and health problems. After it, we proceed to the ayahuasca ceremony with a different shaman. My first hallucinations were very scary and i was in constant pain, i even thought unconsciously to leave the room, however after about half an hour of fear, my visions became more clear and i wasnt scare anymore, i felt very calm and relax, and i got most of my questions answered by the shaman in my hallucination. I even saw my relatives in it, i got to talked to some of family members that has passed away, while in a ceremony for my husband to heal him from his fears, all of it in my hallucination.
It has changed my life and my husband completely but in a good way, our marriage is stronger now, and now i feel more confident of myself.

3  Thank Clauximena
Reviewed 30 August 2013

In 2010, myself, my partner and some friends joined a sacred tour led by Solara An Ra which was overseen and organised by Angel of Etnikas. I had one of the most memorable trips of my life. It was simply amazing. Everything was so well organised and we were very well looked after by Angel who took into consideration the desires of the group for a sacred and spiritual trip and created a trip accordingly. Even adjusting it as we went along.

Initially I was very disappointed that we could not go to Machu Picchu, because heavy rains had washed the rail track away. But this disappointment was soon turned into joy, because it was suggested we went to Lake Titicaca instead. This was simply my favourite part of the trip. We sailed across the amazing blue waters of the lake to visit families that live on the floating reed islands of Uros. We were able to go onto the Islands and visit the families who showed us their way of life. We then sailed onto the Island of Amentani, where we were all matched up with a Homestay family, with whom we spent the next two days. We stayed in a mudbrick house with no running water or electricity. Food was cooked on a clay oven from homegrown vegetables and herbs. We were made to feel very welcome, it was truly an amazing experience. The island was beautiful, steeped in legend, as is the Lake, and the people genuine, friendly and joyful. This island and its people made a lasting impact on me.

Throughout the trip we were joined by Shaman, who blessed us with their sacred ceremonies. Showing us their ways of connecting with the land and with spirit and joining with us in our sacred gatherings also.

I could go on, for there is so much to say, so many places we visited and things we did. I will end my comments by saying wow! What a fantastic trip, great fun and so well organised. It was so great to have a local company organise the trip, who know the lands and people so well. Great for anyone wanting an ethical holiday as well, as local people, local hotels etc were used throughout.

2  Thank Szaphiel