“Fantastic Inca Jungle Trek - thanks Wilian”

Lorenzo Expeditions
Ranked #10 of 885 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: This is the most popular tour that we offer and there is good reason for it. When this tour was created, it was with the adventure seekers in mind. This tour is kind of like the Inka Trail ‘revamped’, but with the same pay off at the end: The glorious Lost City of the Inkas.
Cusco, Peru
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Inca Jungle Trek - thanks Wilian”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Can't reccomend the 4 day Jungle Trek with Lorenzo enough. Everything from the food, transport, equipment, accommodation (did I mention the food) was exemplary. For me what really stood out though was the efforts of our guide Wilian, he constantly went above and beyond to ensure that we were having the best possible experience during the four days. Ranging from a wide knowledge of everything you'd want to know about the Inca kingdom and local fauna to inviting us to a football game with locals in the shadow of Machu Picchu, he made the tour one I'd truly never forget. From what I can make out this dedication to detail is what Lorenzo prides itself on and why you should book a tour with them.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great program”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Awesome guides, great hikes and activities, great food, some hostels that we stayed at were not amazing but that's only because they are at remote places, other hostels/hotels were nice

Newark
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Thank you Ronald and Marco!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I originally wasn't going to do a trek to Machu Picchu because it was expensive, but I decided to meet up with some friends for this, and I'm so glad that I did! Ronald and Marco were very informative, and they sincerely are passionate for their culture and for their sacred Machu Picchu. This was a really great experience; I would highly recommend for anyone else!

Visited June 2014
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My 2 friends and I did the 4D/3N Jungle trek to Macchu Picchu and it was a great experience. We had Juan Carlos and Alex as our tour guides and both were very knowledgable as well as could converse comfortably in English which made it that much better. The bike riding was very professional with good bikes and excellent safety equipment. The zip lining is also a great addition to the trek and is highly recommended if you can part with an extra 90 Soles.The food along the way was also top notch and I don't think anyone quite expected such good food!! The only downside was the fact that their was no hot water in the hostel at our final stop in Macchu Picchu but even that didn't make the trek any less memorable. A big thank you to Lorenzo expeditions for a wonderful trip.

Darryn, Pat and Nick from South Africa

London, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Big thanks to Alex and Willian! ”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We did the 4 day 3 night jungle trek and it was amazing!! The highlight of our 2 month south America trip.

My boyfriend and I are mid 20s, relatively fit and I'm pretty scared of adventure sports.

Firstly the jungle trek is a really good option whoever you go with. It's cheaper and the others and a lot of fun. We were a bit tired of lots of hiking by this point in our trip.

Pros of lorenzo:
- excellent guides. Alex was so kind to me. I had hurt my leg in the colca canyon and was struggling at times. He stayed with me and lent me a walking stick for machu picchu on the last day which saved me. I will always be grateful to him for that. A really genuinely nice guy.
Willian spoke great English and I liked the way we knew exactly what was happening at each point. His instructions were very clear. It can't be an easy job and I think he managed us very well. Did a great job of encouragjng us to interact.

- the biking was really fun. Great safety equipment and not too scary at all. You get a little wet going through streams but dry off in the jungle at the end. Bring a jumper for the morning though as the mountain air is cold.
- zip lining too was awesome. Again not too scary. Very professional guides here and I felt safe. Well worth it!
- all the trekking was quite easy with plenty of rest

- good food all the way with mostly good veggie options
- Clean and comfortable accommodation exceeded our expectations. Warm shower on all but the first night
- you can send your bags ahead on day 2 for 5 soles. Well worth it.

Cons:
- drinks not always included with meals. I can understand needing to buy bottled water for treks but I think water should be offered with meals.
- my boyfriend felt some food portions were a little on the small side
- sometimes Willian was a bit defensive /patronising. We felt like we were at school sometimes. But equally he must have had some bad experiences in the past so maybe it's understandable

Overall we had a great time with lorenzo expeditions. I felt very safe and in good hands. Thank you Willian and Alex for such a good experience.

Some unrelated tips:
- we did mount machu picchu too. We didn't find the climb to machu picchu too hard but the mountain was quite tough in the heat. Takes about 60-90mins each way. Bring lots of water and leave most of your stuff in aguas calientes.
- you can buy plenty of snacks in each town if you want to so don't need to carry much
- bring a torch and bug spray
- the return train to the town outside cusco books up early and is hideously overpriced. The only way to get back. 90-100 usd. We took the 92usd train at 440pm. You just get a tiny snack and drink. Not worth it. Our friend got an earlier train costing about 112usd and said it was really good with a meal included. Taxi from the station to cusco town is 25 soles.

2 Thank Fish1210