“Amazing Lares Trek with Wayki”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wayki Trek

Wayki Trek
Ranked #4 of 396 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Wayki Trek is a highly recommended by the South American Explorers Club, Footprint Travel Guide, On the Road Travel Guide and Lonely Planet Travel Guide readers, Wayki Trek has been working with travelers on the Inca trail around Cusco since 1998. We are under indigenous management. We offer the Inca trail and alternative treks and tours in Peru.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing Lares Trek with Wayki”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We did the Lares Trek in June 2014 and I highly recommend Wayki. Rox our guide was fantastic, both passionate about his work, knowledgeable about the history and easy to get along with. Our chef Clever and horseman Ruban did an amazing job working together to provide us amazing food and were flexible to our needs. The Lares region is beautiful and you really get to experience the village life away from the tourist route. I highly recommend this trek. Thanks Wayki!!!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

“Excellent Lares Trek with Wayki Trek”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Our 4 day Lares Trek and visit to Machu Picchu has been one of the highlights of our 2 month South America trip.

Wayki trek were brilliant from start to finish. Our guide, Roxner, was great - friendly, entertaining, very knowledgeable about all the flora and fauna we spotted as well as indigenous culture and inka history. Needless to say, his English was also perfect.
Our cook (Clever) prepared a variety of filling and delicious meals which were some of the best I've had on a trekking trip. Our horseman (Ruben) worked tirelessly to ensure we were well looked after. All in all, the Wayki team were fantastic.
This, together with good quality equipment (tents, mats, sleeping bags) means I would highly recommend them!

Thanks Wayki for a great experience!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome Daytrip to Machu Picchu”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I did a quick daytrip to Machu Picchu with Wayki tours. Everything ran like clockwork and included roundtrip hotel pick, transport to the train station, train tickets to Aguas Calientes, bus to Machu Picchu, entrance to the ruins, and a guide. Excellent service the whole way, and the team made sure we were taken care of. They even came to our hotel lobby the night before to verify details and confirm everything. A little expensive, but after realizing how much everything costs on its own, we understood why the price was so steep. With limitations on how many tourists can go to the site each day, its a small price to pay for peace of mind. For those who don't have the time to take the multi-day hike to Machu Picchu, I highly recommend Wayki Tours.

Saint John, Canada
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Salkantay Trek”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Did the Salkantay Trek in May. Had a great time with this well organized outfit. The guides and crew were great. The chef/cooks were the superstars and truly were spectacular - must agree, it was some of the best food on the whole Peru trip. You will meet some great people and have a good hike as well. The information session preceding the trek was a little light on actual details.
Some practical tips I would suggest when going with these guys include: don't be too stressed if they are a little late for their pick-up's and meetings, reserving a sleeping bag (if needed) in advance (and not accepting your tour operator assurances that renting one is "usually" not a problem), making sure you have ample small change for the odd bathroom and beverage along the way. Getting change when using a banknote usually only results in a smile.
I would also urge you to ensure that your entry ticket to Machu Picchu actually allows you to hike to the temple of the moon. This hike is limited to 400 people per day and on the Wayki itinerary it states that this additional ticket is included. This IS NOT the case and our guides were unable to explain why this was so. The tickets for the temple of the moon is sold on a first come first service basis, but members of our group whom had booked long before some others, did not receive these additional tickets and people who had booked late did. I appreciate that this has nothing to do with the guides but surely the admin staff at Wayki Trek could ensure that all members in the group would have the same access.

2 Thank AAleR
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Simply Awesome”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

First and foremost this trek was the most difficult thing I've ever done but with the help of the Wayki crew it was enjoyable the whole time. The guide was incredible! Franklin was awesome and very informative. Wayki means brother in Quechua and it certainly felt like a family the whole time. I was always in the back of the group but I never felt left behind. The porters were astonishing. Food was always tasty and plentiful. We opted to do the home stay which was a blast! We got to meet and spend time with some of the kids Wayki Trek helps and they were great. They were so lively! We also spent the night with one of the porters and did activities with the local kids. So much fun. I would recommend Wayki Trek to anyone who wants to do the Machu Picchu trek or any other hike. I hope to return with my daughter one day and have them guide us again.

2 Thank Luis G