Review Highlights
Inca Trail 2d/1n with camping

Where to start? This was a literally unbelievable experience. Alpaca pays attention to every single... read more

Reviewed today
sethfromdallas
Dallas, Texas
Miguel Is Magnificent!

I did the 2 day/ 1 nt trek with hotel with our guide Miguel and five other amazing people. This... read more

Reviewed today
callieq
Boston, Massachusetts
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cusco
from US$673.00
from US$767.00
from US$351.00
5,112 results
All reviews green machine cake inca trail chose alpaca machu picchu every meal juan carlos head porter amazing experience food was amazing other companies air mattress these guys toilet tent sous chef once in a lifetime warm water
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We did the 4day/3night Inca trail hike to Machu Picchu with some friends and it was absolutely incredible! The entire Alpaca team is top notch and instantly made us feel like family. From the guides, to the porters, to our chef (Raymundo) and even the drivers, we had a great experience with each and every one of them. Our guides, Henry and Isaac were beyond amazing and made sure our entire group were always feeling well and happy on our journey. They were incredibly knowledgeable, informative, and had us laughing each and every day! The gear was clean, organized, and well cared for. The meals were all fantastic and we felt like we were dining at a restaurant for every meal. They were also very conscientious regarding our groups food allergies.
If I could give 6 stars to this team, I would! They are that good!!!

1  Thank fitnesslifestyle
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I just finished the 4d/3n Lares trek and I have to say, Alpaca really does everything within their power to guarantee you have the most enjoyable and memorable experience.

Our guide Oliver was incredible! He is approachable, laid-back, and absolutely brilliant. He taught us so much about Peruvian culture, Incan history, medicinal uses of various plants, and much more!! I had no idea I would learn so many interesting facts while hiking in the breath-taking mountains.

THE FOOD. Truly gourmet. Our chef (Virgilio) and sous-chef (Julio) are culinary geniuses. Each meal was a seemingly endless caravan of mouth-watering dishes - all made in a make-shift kitchen tent! Nothing short of miraculous.

The porters (Francisca and Yurema) and horse-men are total rockstars. They not only carry all of your bags/food/equipment along the trek, but they set up your tent for you before arrival, provide warm water to wash your face in the morning, make sure the bathroom tent (this is luxury camping, y’all) is clean, etc. Basically anything you could think of that would make the trip better - they’ve already thought of it and done it. Amazing, amazing people.

Last but not least, Alpaca’s customer service is impeccable. I corresponded with Monica before the trek and she always responded to any of my inquiries within the hour, and made all necessary arrangements prior to the trek. Upon arriving in Cusco, Diego really took hands-on customer service to the next level. He ensured that all my needs were met and his personal interest in his customers deeply touched me. Very satisfied!

All in all, Alpaca is an outstanding company and you will have the trip of a lifetime if you book with them!

2  Thank asmalligan
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I did the inca trail with alpaca. Everything about it from start to finish was ran like a swiss watch. They had plenty of porters (chaskis) for our team of 11. We could never wrap our head around the amount of food they cooked for every meal. They also make accomodations for different diets. Also, it was my understanding that Alpaca does their long day on day 2, instead of day 3, which would be much preferred because it gives you day 3 to chill in the afternoon before your middle of night hike to the sun gate the next day. Our guide, Jose Soto, was an absolute delight to have as a guide. He was very knowledgeable, but most of all passionate and cared a lot about the history of his country. He also had a deep respect for nature and the benefits it provides, plus the importance in protecting and preserving places like the inca trail.

1  Thank il0veCO
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

7 stars out of 5 to Aplaca Expeditions and it’s wonderful crew! This operation works like very well oiled machine: the office staff, drivers, porters, chefs and of course the guides. We have been so lucky to have Rosel and Isaias as our guides - these guys rock! The Green Machine team kept us fed, warm, safe and entertained. We had so much fun on the trail and learned a lot. Everything was impeccably planned and executed, the food was amazing. I would very highly recommend Alpaca Expeditions for any hiking trip. Special shout out to Super Guides Rosel and Isaias!

2  Thank konstantin_houston
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I completed the Salkantay 5N 5D trek and it was absolutely amazing.
Excellent communication from Bonnie in the main office and a brilliant pre-trek briefing with our guides.
Equipment provided (tent, sleeping bag, liner, air mats, poncho, duffel bag) were all great and clean!
Our guides (Juan Carlos and Jose Luis) were nothing but professional, entertaining and above all, caring. We learnt so much along the way. Our group had a few dilemmas with medical problems, but the guides ensured safety was paramount and dealt with everything fantastically.
The “Green Machine” army (porters and chef) deserve a special mention- they were smiley and went above their call of duty to provide us with excellent food and accommodation, even waking us up with a coca tea and providing hot water bottles.

Thank you Alpaca Expeditions for giving us the trip of a lifetime! Juan Carlos, Jose Luis and the Green Machines are the best!

1  Thank LouDaw