“Amazing Salkantay trek!we will never forget!”
Review of Alpaca Expeditions

Alpaca Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 600 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Alpaca Expeditions is an experienced culture and adventure travel company that creates customized tours for travelers visiting Peru. We will work with you to create the trip of a lifetime, whether you dream of trekking through the Andes on a 4 day climb to the lost city of the Incas or conquering the heights of Macchu Picchu through the indulgence of a luxurious train, let us make all your dreams come true. Alpaca Expeditions is the only company using satellite phones to operate adventure trekking tours to Machu Picchu as your safety is more important to us.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The trek was tough but it all compensated by the amazing views and the campsites Alpaca arranged. Just simple all super well organised by Elisban (our guide) and tasty food prepared by the chefs Wilbert and peruvian Messi ;) We will never forget the experience and definetely recommend it!

1  Thank Gisela P
Write a ReviewReviews (3,915)
All reviews
in 117 reviews
"amazing porters"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The guides were great! The food was excellent. They cared for my two friends that were having a tough time on the hike. They ran to get them more water and made sure they got to the campsite after dark. I am greatful they kept me updated on how they were doing. They explained what to expect for the hike and what attire to wear. There was an issue with our train to get back to Cusco and we had to take a later train so they took care of us at a local restaurant and got us first class tickets on the train back. They took excellent care of us, first class door to door service. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm so glad we picked Alpaca Expeditions for our MP trek! Everything ran smoothly from making the reservation to finishing up our hike. Our guide, Lucio, was amazing - tons of knowledge about MP and the other sites we saw, super patient and encouraging during our hike, a great guide. The rest of the team was excellent as well - yummy food, and unexpected amenities like warm water for us to wash our hands before eating. Such an amazing experience to get to see MP and Alpaca Expeditions made it so much more enjoyable!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The experience is wonderful! Thanks Javier/Filio for the guide, and special thanks to our cook Alex for making the birthday cake for my friends.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I can't say enough awesome things about Alpaca Expeditions and the 5D/5N Salkantay trek. We got back a couple weeks ago, and I am still in awe at the level of service, support, and organization they provide. Americo and Marciel were both amazing guides. I got car sick driving to the first night campsite and Americo did so much to make sure I was OK and taking care of. (I was better by moving when the hiking started). Someone else in our group got sick later in the trek, and he was well cared for also. The trek itself was beautiful, challenging and inspiring. The food was amazing. The three of us traveling together are all vegetarian, and the meals were great. Alpaca Expeditions was organized, communicated clearly, and followed through on expectations. I can't recommend them enough to others.