“Nice place,quietly but near the centre”
Review of Casa Sihuar

and 1 more site!
Casa Sihuar
Ranked #93 of 437 Speciality Lodging in Cusco
Sittard
“Nice place,quietly but near the centre”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in Casa Sihuar, the rooms are ok for the price we payed, we had a nice room with a view over Cusco.

Breakfast is simple, but this is almost everywhere in Peru

From there its about 15 minutes walking till plaza de armas, but beware, its on a hill so you have t walk a lot of stairs.

Taxi from plaza de armas till Casa Sihuar is about 5 soles, we mostly walked down, and took a taxi back to the hotel.

The owners were very friendly but we speak almost no Spanish, and they spoke almost no English, but we managed to communicate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yens_NL

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is the first Hospedaje I stayed at where I felt like family. Mr. Luis and family helped with so many details I wanted to stay just to hang out there. From laundry, to taxis, to information and borrowing his computer, it was wonderful. It is an easy walk to the ruins up the hill and into town once you get your center of directions down. I would highly recommend Casa Familiar Sihuar

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Tim W
Desenzano Del Garda, Italy
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Casa Sihuar is a family run business and they really make you feel at home. The place is vey informal and the family offers good help and service. Mr Luis, in particular, takes very good care of his guests. He gives you rides here and there and ensures you have things to do and enjoy your stay. He took me two times to different bus terminals at early hours and he prepared breakfast according to my schedule. Rooms are spacious and confortable and the bathroom has hot water. There is a TV set and a small refrigerator in the room. Guests can use the computer in the lobby. The hospedaje is located on top of a hill in San Blas. It is just a few minutes' walk to the center and restaurants and shops are on the way. The facility is very quiet and there was a beatiful view of the city lights from the window of my room. I left my luggage there when I went to Machu Pichu. They did not charge me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2013

A really good hostel - wellrun by friendly helpful family who were always generous and gracious with help despite my lack of Spanish language. Great location - close enough to walk enough to walk to downtown but out of the noise. I loved Hostel Sihuar - it really felt like a home away from home.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The owners of this hostel were so sweet, my father came down with saroche- altitude sickness- pretty severely. The woman at the hostel promptly made him a huge pot of mate de coca, had him inhale some kind of scented oil, and gave him a head and back massage. It was so sweet!! We just loved the owners.
We were served breakfast every morning with coffee, tea, juice, and bread with jam. The hostel itself is charming, beautiful hard wood floors, comfortable beds, and on a quiet street in Miraflores a few blocks from the plaza, with a small market next door (I think owned by the same family). I would recommend staying here to anyone looking for a great deal in Cusco!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Budd Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I cannot say enough about them. This was a wonderful family providing a wonderful service. We stayed there one week, from the end of June 2008 to early July 2008. (the selector below does not let me choose the correct dates) They met us at the airport, brought us to the hotel, made sure we were happy there, and transported us back to the airport in style. They were always happy to help with advice or directions and they have a little store for late night snacks if you came back early from the square.

It is a little walk from the hostel to the square with wonderful stops in between. On the weekends there is a mini square that holds a market, a church and has restaurants all around. Then there are shops and markets on the way to the square with a variety of goods.

From here you get a nice view of the Cusco in the valley as you walk to the square. Look on Google maps and you can see some of the roads and scenery you will see between here and the square. Just know, you will be able to take much better pictures then what they have. I have a whole collection of wonderful pictures here, in between here and the square and on the square.

When I go back to Cusco, I will be staying here. You can not beat it for the service and the price.

PS, the hostels on the square ask for going rates in the USA of every day regular hotels that have much better accommodations. We felt for the money, they were just not offering what we would expect for that price. Here, at Sihuar, we got more for our money. So we are very happy.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple