“Incredible Experience with a Fantastic Tour Company”

Mother Earth Private Day Tours
Ranked #197 of 840 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Mother Earth Tours provides a variety of high quality guided treks and day tours to Peru’s most enchanting destinations-- including Cusco, Machu Picchu, the Amazon jungle, and Lake Titicaca. As a 100% locally-owned company, we believe in and practice sustainable ecotourism. Beyond simply showing visitors the sights, we actively facilitate an authentic cultural experience that both benefits the local people with fair wages and working conditions, and preserves the richness of their heritage for generations to come.
Washington DC
“Incredible Experience with a Fantastic Tour Company”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Choosing a tour company in Cusco can be an overwhelming experience. There are a ton of tour companies vying for your business and choosing the right one can be quite time consuming. Fortunately, I stumbled across Mother Earth Tours while researching tour companies on Trip Advisor and could not have been happier with my selection. I knew I was in good hands as soon as I contacted Mother Earth Tours. My group (6 people) and I decided to book three day tours. The tours were the Sacred Valley Tour, Machu Picchu/Hyuana Picchu, and Cusco City Tour. Our tour guide was Virgilio, and all I can say is WOW. His breadth of knowledge and passion for passing along the customs of the ancient Inca civilization was incredible. I have not experienced a guide with so much enthusiasm and wish I could have taken a couple more tours. A special thanks goes out to Elizabeth and Aly from Mother Earth Tours who made my Peru trip an unforgettable experience. I could go on and on about how great there service was but suffice to say you will be hard pressed to find a better tour company. You wont be disappointed with Mother Earth Tours!!

Visited November 2012
Aly A, Owner at Mother Earth Private Day Tours, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Thanks a lot, from the Mother Earth Tours team for your positive testimonial. We are really delighted that you have enjoyed our service in the tour you have booked; as usual we are doing the right thing to make our employees and clients happy.
Muchas gracias!!!!
Aly

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trip of a lifetime”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This was my first visit to Peru and to S. America. It's a visit I will never forget, especially my hike on the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu with Mother Earth Tours.
There were moments when the hike proved to be a challenge but with the wonderful encouragement and support from Aly, our guide, I was able to complete this wonderful hike. The word amazing explains the importantance Aly was in highlighting the history and culture
of the Inca civilisation, the wildlife and flora that we experienced. His team of porters were immense in providing us with the necessary substinance on our eventual arrival at our camp sites. The food was excellent and their friendship overwhelming.
Mother Earth Tours also arranged and accompanied us on our trips to Lake Titicaca, the Peruvian Jungle, Colca Canyon, Arequipa, Cusco, Sacret Valley and the Inti Raymi festival. The magic of Peru could not have been bettered thanks to Mother Earth Tours.
I am back home in Scotland with so many wonderful memories of a beautifull country and the great friendships I have established
Thank you Aly and your team at Mother Earth Tours for making my trip to Peru, and in particular, the Inca Trail, so special and unforgettable

Visited June 2012
Aly A, Owner at Mother Earth Private Day Tours, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Hi amigo! Thanks for your postive comments. Here at Mother Earth Tours we are pleased that you had such a memorable trip. So glad that Aly's encouragment helped you to complete the Inca Trail. Hope that you can recommend our service to your friends and maybe sometime in the future we'll see you again in Peru to enjoy a different tour.
Guelph, Canada
“Unforgettable Guide for an Unforgettable Experience”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have had the privilege of travelling extensively throughout North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, however, this was my first experience in South America and what an experience Peru was! Absolutely sensational! I have had the fortune of travelling with many private guides on many different continents and I can assure you that Aly and his team from Mother Earth Tours are second to none! Aly's knowledge and enthusiasm is incredible and his ability to adapt to and understand his client’s needs and wants is truly a gift. From the moment our plane landed till the time we left, we were impressed with the organizational skills and attention to detail displayed by Aly and his team. Our every need was addressed and all the little things that make trips memorable were present. I could continue for pages but suffice to say you will not find a better guide or company to work with then Aly and his team at Mother Earth. Thank you once again Aly for giving me and my family the trip of a lifetime.

Scott Hunter

Visited August 2012
Aly A, Owner at Mother Earth Private Day Tours, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. It really makes everything worthwhile when you hear such positive comments clients and know that they had an unforgettable trip. Hope to see you again some time in the future if you ever plan a return journey to Peru. Muchas gracias amigo!
Ariss
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Peru - Wow A Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This was an adventure of a life time. Aly and his fantastic team made sure that all details were taken care of. We were met and attended to from the minute we stepped off the plane in Cusco. Aly's sharing of the history, cultures and traditions of the Incan people during the tour of theSacred Valley and the Incan trail brought the spirit of Peru into all of our hearts and minds. Our comforts were met from the warm wash basins, the comfortable tent arrangements, the personal porta potty at our site to the magnificent meals the cooks prepared. My personal vegetarian needs were attended to magnificently and the carnivores in the group also were satisfied with all meals and snacks. Aly and Eduard's encouragement and guidance helped us achieve our goal of hiking all the way to the end. When one of the group became ill during the trek she too was attended to with such kindness, caring and attention. All of the little thing amount to an amazing adventure in Peru. I can only say WOW! And recommend Mother Earth Tours to any one that wants to have a marvelous trip. Nothing could be improved upon. We were treated as if we were part of the family and welcomed as friends to this country. Thank you Thank you.
Catherine Miller. Ariss, Ontario Canada

Visited August 2012
On behalf of everyone at Mother Earth Tours - Thank you! for the postive response. We are so glad you had such a good time on the Inca Trail and indeed around Peru. We try to take care of the details so it's good to hear that you enjoyed your vegetarians meals and the "porta potty" makes a difference too!! We would love to welcome you back if you ever fancy a return trip to Peru.
Prestwick, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Peru”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The personality, knowledge and organisational skills of Aly, our guide, made our Peruvian experience exceptional. I feel the spirit of Peru is embodied in this company's personal approach.

The Incan traditions, Spanish influence, culinary delights, flora, fauna, topography and wildlife were expertly explained and experienced. You leave with a thirst to learn more of this diverse and beautiful country.

If you wish a unique introduction to Peru, this is the travel company, which I have no hesitation in recommending.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank anne c
Aly A, Owner at Mother Earth Private Day Tours, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thanks a lot, from the Mother Earth Tours team for your positive testimonial. We are really delighted that you have enjoyed our service in the tour you have booked. As usual we are doing the right thing to make our employees and clients happy.
Muchas Gracias!!!