“Loved it, beautiful- great staff i will definatly go back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Novotel Cusco
Ranked #29 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersBronze level
montreal
“Loved it, beautiful- great staff i will definatly go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

The hotel was beautiful, we stayed in the "colonial" room which was in the center of the hotel with a great view and beautiful room. I loved the staff, they all went out of there way to accommodate us, food was great, theres a great breakfast buffet and all day restaurant service in the "court yard" area. Very Relaxing, i really have nothing bad to say about it.

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank keelytate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
Omaha, Nebraksa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2009

Based on previous reviews, we requested a room in the old wing via e-mail a few days before our actual arrival. We got the one with the balcony to the street. The colonial ambiance here was second -to-none. Just for kicks, I went back into the new wing to check out the rooms. The other reviewers are exactly right. I've stayed at the Novotel in NYC and you would not know the difference. The colors, furniture, and even the windows reminded me of the NYC Novotel. The new wing seemed to be full of larger tour groups: American, French, Canadian.

I will say that the service, decor and history in the "old" part of the hotel is, in my opinion, 4-star quality. From the doorman to the gift shop attendant who stayed open late for us, all of this hotel's employees were top-notch.

Our room was ready for ocupancy early in the morning. The free wi-fi in the lobby courtyard was adequate. The breakfast was your basic continental with a few hot items added. More than adequate to start your day.

I would absolutely stay here again...as long as I could get a room in the old colonial section.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank rockyhilltop
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2009

The staff and hotel were above expectations. If you go, try to stay in the older section of the hotel with more character.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ExitNebraska
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2009

The staff are friendly and helpful. The lobby area is very good. Rooms good in both wings - the new wing is cheaper and less atmospheric. Close to the main attractions. Breakfast is unexciting - other meals quite good. Wifi only available in the lobby, but it is free.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank simonjh
Florianopolis, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2009

The room is small and with old furniture. The patio inside is wonderfull. It´s located in the heart of Cusco, near the good restaurants! Don´t pay for tours, do it all with CAB, they are VERY CHEAP, incuding for the Valley.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EduardoStruve
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2009

I stayed at this hotel for one night after arriving on the Andean Explorer train from Puno. I’ve been to Cusco before, so it this was just a night stop between arriving on the train and flying out the next morning.
There are certain things you expect from a chain hotel, but this hotel is a discredit to the Novotel chain.
I arranged a car transfer with the hotel for my arrival at the train station. The driver greeted me at the exit from the station and I expected the car to be in the car park just outside the exit, but this turned out not to be the case. Whilst the other travellers from the train where loading up their luggage just outside the exit with their transfers, I was taken on what seemed like a half mile walk up an incline and into the street and across a busy road. Being a large Northern European that is used to living at sea level and carrying my luggage, this was something I hadn’t expected or even wanted. I didn’t mind paying the $USD10.00, probably 10 times the going rate for a taxi, as I didn’t want the hassle of trying to get from the station, but I didn’t expect to have to do a half mile hike at over 10,000 feet and still have to pay so much.
Arrival at the hotel wasn’t much better, the staff are all incompetent and having booked a prepaid rate, I had to pay upfront when arrived as they hadn’t already processed the payment. Peru is very advanced with their use of technology and they use Chip and Pin with your credit card. After putting my pin number in the machine, I was then asked to sign the slip. The the whole point of Chip and Pin is that you don’t have to do that as your pin is your signature. I had booked a Queen bedded room, only to find that getting to the room it was a room with two single beds. I complained, but it was just such a hassle trying to change it, I gave up. I’m not used to sleeping in a single bed and spent the whole night half asleep in fear of turning over and falling out of bed. The room is basic Novotel, it is supposed to have high speed internet access in the rooms, but I couldn’t find it and there was no Wi-Fi signal in the roomneither. I had to go down to the lobby to find one.
The hotel offers free transfers to and from the airport and I’d filled the form out on my arrival requesting my transfer the next morning. I presented my self at 0615am for the transfer only to have yet another case of them not knowing what they are doing. They didn’t seem to know anything about it and after a carry on; they eventually found the form I filled in the night before. I did manage to get to the airport, but would I ever stay at this hotel again. NEVER, it’s sad because this could be a nice hotel
Cusco is a lovely city and shouldn’t be missed and you’d be better off paying more money and staying at decent hotel like Hotel Monasterio, which is an Orient-Express Hotel or The Libertador Hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NewxGate
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2009

We found our stay in the Novotel Cusco to be very pleasant. We were greeted by the concierge to a nice cup of coca tea on arrival (7am) which was very helpful when trying to acclimatise to the altitude. Our room was immediately available and was in the new wing and we couldn’t really complain given the excellent room rate for what was an overnight stay before heading off to Machu Picchu the next morning. The covered courtyard is beautiful and a nice to seat and relax in the evening. On both occasions when we stayed here there was a demonstration of local arts and crafts in the evening which was a nice touch. The courtyard also has free WiFi access (reasonable speed). Breakfast was good and the free transport to the airport was a nice addition.

• Liked — Good location, free airport transfers and WiFi availability
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed January 2009
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Mooks74