“Best hotel in my whole trip”

Los Andes De America Hotel
Ranked #37 of 163 Hotels in Cusco
Los Angeles, California
“Best hotel in my whole trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

I took a trip to various cities in Peru, and this was the best hotel I stayed at. Starting with the heated tile floors in the spacious bathroom - that was my favorite! (It can get quite chilly at night) The transportation was on time at the airport, and we were greeted by friendly staff who accomodated us very well. The rooms were very clean and kept up well. There is coca tea available all day (for the altitude sickness) and a wonderful buffet breakfast. Also, free WiFi! For my family (2 rooms), they even included a fixed dinner on the house. We loved our stay here!!

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

This is an excellent choice for Cusco. A few quick points: request a room with a window facing the courtyard. The street is too noisy. Also, price may be quite negotiable when you're in Cusco. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

My top criteria for any hotel room: clean, comfortable, and a good shower. This hotel provides that and more, as well as being only 2 and a half short blocks from the main plaza (Plaza de Armas) in Cusco.

The beds are firm and comfortable, the shower is nice and hot and powerful (and spacious), the room is clean, and the hotel provides a full, hot breakfast in addition to all the tea you can drink (at all times of the day). If in Cusco, I recommend you take advantage of the coca tea, as you are at 11,000 feet above sea level, and it helps alleviate altitude issues. (I'm in good shape, but my legs burned as I climbed the third flight of stairs.)

They also have two computers available for use by the guests. The staff was always helpful and cheerful as well.

If I were to complain about anything (and this would not be an issue for almost anyone almost any time of year), it would be that we could hear the noise from the Inti Raymi Festival (Festival of the Sun, celebrating the winter solstice, June 24th) until the wee hours of the morning. What an amazing festival it is, though.

Any way, if you are looking for a nice room and a good bed and a filling breakfast, very close to the heart of town, you'd have a hard time doing better than the Los Andes. (You could check next door at the Hotel Los Marqueses; some of our group stayed there and they liked it very much as well.)

• Stayed June 2010
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

A group of 4 of us stayed at the Los Andes for a total of 4 nights (2 pre-hike to Machu Picchu and 2 afterwards). For both stays we requested and were given the 2 rooms on the top floor - giving us our own common living space with a lovely view of Cusco. From the free breakfast to the unlimited coca tea in the lobby (which I took great advantage of) -we received great service. The rooms were more than adequate and the bathroom was quite large. Each room was given 2 large bottles of water each day. We ate a couple of meals in the restaurant attached to the hotel and highly recommend the soups. There is a computer in the reception area if you need to access the internet. The hotel is centrally located and just a short walk to the main plaza and cathedral.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

My family and I stayed there from 8/1/09 to 8/4/09 it was a great experience especielly Rudy the door man, always ready at your service. It's a very peaceful enviroment room service is also good not bad for the money, bye bye from Chicago

• Stayed August 2009
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

This hotel is close enough to main the main square for a leisurely walk and close enough to everything else so as to be comfortable. However, for me, the best part of my stay here was the amazing staff. Everyone, from those in reception, to the cooks, to the maintenance people were friendly, eager to help and knowledgeable of the area.
Those in reception could help me locate fun and exciting things going on in the city, book me a tour guide for the day to show me sites, and show me where the best restaurants in town were (not that I really needed to go out as the hotel restaurant has some FANTASTIC chefs that I do not think get enough credit. The food is amazing.). The hotel also boasts a travel agency so when I decided to go to Macchu Pichu at the last minute they were able to buy my passes and train tickets without my having to worry about anything.
Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I do not think I have anything to say about this hotel that is negative, except that my stay with them was far too short. They made my business stay there seem like a vacation (if only my bosses would have let me forget about work as well!!).

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank triestina85
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

staff was very friendly and and helpful. Location was perfect!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo