“Comfort at 3500 metres !!!”

Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco
Ranked #8 of 172 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Fantastic place to stay with all the comfort necessary at that height of 3500+ meters !!! Rooms were spacious and some of them had a view !!! There was a wonderful spa and the hotel also had the facilities to ease altitude sickness. Excellent choice of food. Lovely service oriented staff and it all triggered with a very very warm welcome with Coca Tea !!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kcs526
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about our Palacio del Inka.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed our property.
Arturo Schwarz

Write a ReviewReviews (2,380)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is top-notch all the way from the customer service to the quality of the rooms. When we arrived, we were served cocoa leaf tea which helped with the altitude sickness. We are SPG gold members and were upgraded to a stunning room. Each room has a walk-in closet, a big plus for us ladies!

The hotel is within walking distance of the Plaza del Armas, the cathedral, restaurants, San Pedro Market and right behind the hotel was the Temple of the Sun and the museum. Although a little further, we heard that it's also walkable to Sacsayhuaman. The Plaza has tons of restaurants but beware of solicitors from the restaurants who will follow you until you make a decision on where to eat. Limo looked like a good choice but because we didn't make reservations, we were unable to get in. Instead we ate at Inka Grill which was ok and nothing to write home about. Walk where you can as the traffic is terrible in Cusco.

What really stood out for us was the outstanding customer service from Victor, one of the concierges. Our airline had lost our luggage and were giving us the runaround on the whereabouts of our luggage. He persistently called and was able to successfully get our luggage after being without it for 4 days. Victor really made an effort that was above and beyond and because of the excellent customer service, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank brooklyngurl

Thank you for your kind comments about our Palacio del Inka.
Be sure I have showed your lines to my team work.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had been here 15 years but almost couldn't recognise it. Very centrally located, only 5 - 10 minutes to any attraction you were seeing. Classic and elegant, great place to relax after walking the streets and first class service and assistance from Victor and Roger at the Concierge desk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RonWamberal

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen our Palacio del Inka during your visit to Cusco city.
It is satisfactory to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had just arrived in Cusco from Panama and was struck hard by the elevation sickness you hear of. I was struggling to breath, could not get food in, and was shivering in my room where there was no access to heat. I booked a one night stay here to recover. I was never so happy to receive the outstanding service of oxygen tank provision, hot bath, heated rooms, outstanding food with all of the green salads and proteins I needed. On top of that I was able to walk the many halls and enjoy the artwork, sit in the sun in the courtyard, and enjoy hot coca tea in the plush lobby while recovering. The waiters and staff were so accommodating, taking additional time to share insights on where to go in Cusco and along the way to Machu Pichu. One day of recovery made a huge difference for me. The location is also amazing with the famous Sun Palace/Coricancha directly across the street! Sometimes a weary traveller needs a little bit of luxury to rest!

Room Tip: The fourth floor provides rooftop views of the city from your terrace. Some of the second floor room...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen our Palacio del Inka during your last visit to Cusco city.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our courtyard which below to the Cuatro Bustos Mansion.
We hope you have the opportunity to return in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Really helpful and friendly staff. Ever smiling and genuine warmth. Can never forget the help they offered when my husband and I fell really sick on our trip esp. after the Inca trail. The hotel is conveniently located near the city centre of Cuzco and the parades in June-July go right in front of the hotel. It is about 20-25 mins away from the airport by taxi.

A lot of good restaurants next to this place. Our waiter was brilliant and he would recommend things to do before the Inca trail and after. I couldn't eat much since I was sick. On our last day, he even packed some corn muffins for us to take on our journey!

Thank you guys for making it so much more easier for us!

Room Tip: Choose a corner room if possible. More sunlight and higher chances you will get a patio!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Palacio del Inka.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was the old Inca Palace and was occupied by the first Spanish Conqueror as his residence in Cusco. It has an elegant and classic architecture, nicely decorated, and the service staff are all well trained and very service focused. I was especially grateful for their restaurant manager, Elio, for his heart-warming service. While we arrived at Cusco from Machu Picchu, all my 3 daughters were having bad diarrhea, they could not eat the regular food, and I asked Elio to help prepare some boiled eggs and scramble egg-white. He made sure they were well done, and when it was served, the chef even added some nice decoration. Because of my daughters were ill, I did not get to fully enjoy the beauty of Cusco, and I want to visit again. I know when I go back, this is the hotel I want to stay.

Room Tip: All are good. Our group had 8 rooms, and they were all good sized, clean, and elegantly decorated.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for having chosen our property in your visit to Cusco city.
As you mentioned the hotel was the old Inca Palace and was occupied by the first Spanish Conqueror as his residence in Cusco.
Furthermore we appreciated your kind comments about the decoration and service staff. Be sure I have showed your lines to my team work.
We hope you have the opportunity to return soon with your family.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is located across Santo Domingo's monastery and 2 blocks away from the main plaza. The hotel is elegantly decorated but not intimidating, and the staff warm and welcoming.
If there would be a tip I can give to the hotel however- is to improve the check in and check out process- it is a bit slow. We had no trouble with the altitute but they have oxygen for those who need it. We always drink the coca tea as it is recommended by the locals,and they offered it upon arrival. There is a tour agency inside the hotel called Tikariy, and we contacted them months ahead for our tour to Machu Picchu and a city tour. The lady who organized it, Solange and our guide Julio, were fantastic! In the hotel we also enjoyed in the spa, their hydrotherapy and it was much fun and relaxation and you can arrived as a family (our chidren are mid 20s not young). We love Cusco, always magical and full of wonderful people and this hotel made our trip a beatiful memory!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have best views!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about our Palacio del Inka.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property.
And the other hand, be sure we take note your comments about the check in and check out process, in order to mprove our service.