“one of the best hotel i ever been....”

Palacio del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #8 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami Beach, Florida
“one of the best hotel i ever been....”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

i just been with a group of clients from Australia and i must tell that is one of the best hotels i ever had been. i must say that the service received from the people was fantastic and with a natural smiling all the time. The restaurant just fantastic and all the rooms and dependencies too. Congratulation to all the staff....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind comment about our Palacio del Inka.
I am happy to hear that you and your group of clients enjoyed our Palacio del Inka.
Furthermore thank you for your kind comment about my team work.
I am proud of them.
Arturo Schwarz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

A great hotel that is also very convenient to the main square and nearby attractions, restaurants and bars.

The staff were significantly helpful with our friends who lost luggage and went above and beyond to help resolve all related admin matters so that they received their luggage timely.

We received a complimentary upgrade due to our membership/points and had a very spacious room.

I would not hesitate to stay again and highly recommend this hotel.

Dear guest,
Thank you for review our property.
As you mentioned we are convenient located close to the main square and nearby attractions.
Moreover thank you for recommend us.
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed in Cusco at the Libertador Palacio del Inka which we enjoyed very much - provided a nice touch of luxury after a few days without that. Service was excellent.

We had the breakfast buffet each morning, great food.

Highly recommended if you need a shot of first world amenities in a very charming colonial area of town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank arv4
Dear guest,
Thank you for having chosen our Palacio del Inka in your last visit to Cusco city.
It is satisfactory to know that you enjoyed our property, especially the breakfast buffet.
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stayed in this hotel on two ocassions; my first visit was two years ago, for only one night and on a business trip, and the experience was excellent, with no inconveniences in any respect, but I couldn't really get to "know" the hotel.
This second time I went with my wife, for three nights, the idea being to visit Cusco, with the hotel not being really the objective of our trip. However, the experience was so complete in every respect, that I believe it is fair to write about it.
The location is perfect, two blocks from the main square and a few steps from the Qorikancha (magnificent!). The hotel personnel is extremely knowledgeable and very, very kind, friendly, and helpful. The rooms are spacious, spotless, and very comfortable. I only had breakfast at the hotel, which was great, but I have tried the bar and it's worth a visit (or more). If there is a hotel in Cusco that's worth every penny (and this one is not particularly expensive) it is the Palacio del Inka, a true palace!

Room Tip: Rooms that have some view are preferable, Cusco has narrow streets, and some rooms have a wall or a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carlos8357
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words about our Palacio del Inka.
My team and I are happy to know that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us.
We will be pleasure to serve you again in the future
Best regards
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is in a great location! It was beautifully decorated as well. The rooms were on the small side, but size isn't such a big deal to me. We stayed here in June, which is winter for Peru, so the heat was on high in the hotel. I however, like the AC on while I sleep, which the hotel could not accommodate. It was difficult for me to communicate with the staff, since I do not speak Spanish. Some spoke English well, others not at all. Overall the stay was fine. No major complaints. I would recommend the hotel to a friend.

The spa was one of the weirdest experiences of my life. I have wanted to go in a mud bath for years, so when I saw the Inka Mud spa treatment on their menu, I knew I had to try it. A woman massaged mud into my skin before tightly wrapping me in an extraterrestrial-looking piece of aluminum foil and leaving me to marinate in the mud for quite a stretch of time. It was the most unusual spa treatment I have ever had. The kind of thing you would only do once.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you for having chosen our Palacio del Inka in your visit to Cusco city.
Moreover thank you for recommend us to your friends.
We hope you have the opportunity to return soon.
Best Regards
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Fantastic place to stay with all the comfort necessary at that height of 3500+ meters !!! Rooms were spacious and some of them had a view !!! There was a wonderful spa and the hotel also had the facilities to ease altitude sickness. Excellent choice of food. Lovely service oriented staff and it all triggered with a very very warm welcome with Coca Tea !!!

1 Thank kcs526
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about our Palacio del Inka.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed our property.
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is top-notch all the way from the customer service to the quality of the rooms. When we arrived, we were served cocoa leaf tea which helped with the altitude sickness. We are SPG gold members and were upgraded to a stunning room. Each room has a walk-in closet, a big plus for us ladies!

The hotel is within walking distance of the Plaza del Armas, the cathedral, restaurants, San Pedro Market and right behind the hotel was the Temple of the Sun and the museum. Although a little further, we heard that it's also walkable to Sacsayhuaman. The Plaza has tons of restaurants but beware of solicitors from the restaurants who will follow you until you make a decision on where to eat. Limo looked like a good choice but because we didn't make reservations, we were unable to get in. Instead we ate at Inka Grill which was ok and nothing to write home about. Walk where you can as the traffic is terrible in Cusco.

What really stood out for us was the outstanding customer service from Victor, one of the concierges. Our airline had lost our luggage and were giving us the runaround on the whereabouts of our luggage. He persistently called and was able to successfully get our luggage after being without it for 4 days. Victor really made an effort that was above and beyond and because of the excellent customer service, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank brooklyngurl
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments about our Palacio del Inka.
Be sure I have showed your lines to my team work.