“Loved this place!”
Review of Del Prado Inn

Del Prado Inn
Ranked #95 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 30 June 2008

This hotel is located a few steps off the Plaza. Close to restaurants, bars, clubs, hostels, etc. The staff were so accomodating! We arrived at 8am and they immediately offered us cocoa tea for our altitude sickness. They let us check in by 8:30am. Rooms are very clean & beds are comfy. They even brought us a hot water bottle at night! Not a whole lot of space in the room but we only used it to sleep and shower. They held our luggage while we spent a few days at Machu Picchu. Breakfast starts early with fruits, toast, meats, cheeses, coffee and juices. We also hooked up with Peruvian Ancient Paths Tour Guides, which is located at the hotel. We did a day tour of the Sacred Valley and a day tour of Machu Picchu (so they could explain what we were looking at in English). Loved our tour guide Maribel and everyone at Del Prado Inn!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 April 2008

This property has a good location just off the Plaza de Armas in Cuzco which makes it very convenient. Rooms are small and mostly quite dark. I paid for the hotel in advance for 3 nights. When I saw the room they gave me I was disappointed - it was small, dark and had no windows. It was also quite expensive for Peru (80 dollars). I asked to change and they showed me 3 more rooms that were all quite similar. I chose one with a very small balcony which at least gave it some air and light but that meant that it was very noisy. It is also close to bars and clubs which means that it doesn´t quieten down until 3am ish. As I was suffering from altitude sickness I spent most of the first day in bed. Despite this, they came in - saw me in bed - and continued to go to the windows in the middle of the afternoon and shut the shutters and the windows so that it was dark with no fresh air. I was not impressed. None of the rooms I saw had proper balconies or jacuzzis as the literature / websites about the hotel state. Breakfast was good though! A good buffet of rolls, bacon, juices, cereal, coffee. In summary, had I not paid for this in advance I would have moved to a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2008

This little hotel is located right off the Plaza del Armas in central Cuzco. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We stayed one night then went to Machu Picchu and came back to the Del Prado. The bags we had left were waiting in our room when we returned. The wi-fi internet is not available in all of the rooms since the one wireless router is located downstairs on top of a cabinet. However, you can use it from the lobby or anywhere near the center of the hotel. As for the noise problems, yes, the hotel is located near two all-night discos. We were tired enough that it didn't make a difference however when I woke up in the middle of the night I could hear the constant "thump, thump" from the bass.

They do offer a small, complimentary breakfast with eggs, sausage, bread, cereal, yogurt and assorted juices. Good to start off the day but not very substantial.

I would return to this hotel but I would probably bring earplugs just in case.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 12 January 2008

easy to call and email for reservation, they organize as well the trips for you (if you like) e.g. valle sagrado, macchu picchu, city tour etc. Very nice and helpful staff, the hotel is at the corner of plaza de armas (main square), better you can not be in Cuzco. Individual heating/cooling system in house. Nice view for the plaza de armas (best at night) in the top floor.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank senormisti
Reviewed 18 December 2007

We were thoroughly satisfied with this hotel:
1. Very good communication by e-mail and phone (reservation, clarifications, special needs)
2. Convenient arrangement of additional services (taxi, sightseeing of Cuzco and vicinity with guide and entrances wherever necessary, trip to Machu Picchu - including train reservation, etrance, and guide). The Manager - Diana Mansilla Flower - runs also an efficient and reasonably priced travel agency. The tour guide - Maribel - was very nice and competent.
3. The best location in Cuzco.
4. Abundant breakfast
5. Very clean
6. Good service
7. Reasonable prices.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank JurekKrakow
Reviewed 12 December 2007

we just stayed at the del prado nov 28 & nov 30 - and would recommend. Clean, nice folks, nice breakfast, friendly, willing to help. Nice location in center of town.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank pica21
Reviewed 23 November 2007

We stayed here in September 2007 for 2 nights after finishing the Inca Trail and we had booked a suite with a Jacuzzi as a treat for after the trail. The check in was very efficient and the member of staff who greeted us guessed our name before actually checking us in which gave you a feeling that they knew what was going on.

The room was as pictured on the internet and there was plenty of space, with a small sitting area with a sofa between the bed and the Jacuzzi. The Jacuzzi in the room was huge and there was a separate en-suite bathroom with a shower over a bath. There were bathrobes provided in the room which was a nice touch.

The breakfast was perfectly adequate - with cereal, toast and some cooked food (although this was more warm than hot) and there was never more than a few tables occupied when we ate.

The hotel is just off one corner of the main square but feels like it is in the square itself but we didn’t experience any noise at night. The staff were helpful and friendly, for example suggesting not to go to the closest laundry shop as they have been known to ‘lose’ clothes and in helping to get a taxi from the square to the airport (s./6).

The hotel was clean throughout and seemed well run and I would recommend this to anyone wanting to stay in the centre of Cusco.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple