“I'd definitely go back there...”
Review of Del Prado Inn

Del Prado Inn
Ranked #93 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Well, the hotel is well located; it is right by Plaza de Armas and close to a lot of restaurants (Inka Grill, Chi Cha and Fallen Angels are my top choices).
We spent two nights at the Del Prado prior to the inca trail to Macchu Picchu , our first room was nice, big enough for two people, decent size bathroom and hot water.
That being said, the hotel is right next to two clubs blasting music all night long. Our first room was facing the main street and Plaza de Armas, so we heard the music and felt the base all night long; ironically, they provide ear plugs.

So if you want a quieter room, make sure yours does not face the street.
On our return from the Inca Trail, we had another room, quieter and just as clean. They stored our luggage for free while we were on the trail.
I had issues with the hot water, but once I called the reception, they were really helpful.

Also, breakfast is served every morning til 10 and my friend and I appreciated the fact that they called us one morning to see if we wanted breakfast (as it was getting close to 10; we had decided to sleep in), but they made and served us breakfast (that was cool).
The staff was helpful, when we had to communicate with our tour agency, they were very helpful and made all the calls for us (but they did charge me for these calls, not cool).

All in all, it's a nice hotel, clean and well situated, I would probably got back there if I went back to Cusco.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Del Prado Inn

Reviewed 6 January 2011

I really liked the location of this hotel. It was steps away from the Plaza de Armas and other attractions. My room was an inside room with no outside window (the only window was a view of the stairwell), and it was much smaller than I expected. A window for ventilation would have helped with the altitude sickness, but all in all the room was perfect for 1 person. It had a refrigerator which was a nice surprise. The staff were very helpful and accomodating. I like the charm of the decor, and the breakfast was hearty and filling. I did experience the noise other reviewers have referred to, but it did not disway me. My head was pounding already from the altitude sickness!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Overall, a good hotel that includes most amenities. Very cozy. Stayed in a room with windows only overlooking the internal atriums, so at times a little stuffy (and our room did not have A/C). The only major problem we encountered with this hotel was the loud music from the club across the street that continued until 4AM on weeknights! From our room you could hear/feel the drum beat.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2010

The Del Prado Inn is a gorgeous, well-functioning hotel with one very big problem - it's basically sandwiched between two nightclubs.

We stayed at the Inn for 6 nights all up - four before going to Macchu Picchu and two afterwards. Our room the first time around was very small, but it was comfortable enough and the staff did all they could to help make arrangements for trips into the Sacred Valley etc. The ear plugs they provided on the first night warned that it might be loud, but we didn't expect it to be that loud and for that long - it didn't wrap up until 5am. Not ideal when you have an early start!

When we returned from Macchu Picchu we were upgraded to a much larger room which, for some reason (it was basically in the same place, just on a lower level), was considerably quieter. You could still feel and hear the thud of the bass but it probably would be okay for heavy sleepers.

It's a great hotel but I would be reluctant to stay there again because it's simply too loud.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I have just returned from a 5 days at Cusco and Machu Picchu and I really appreciated the 4 nights we spent at Del Prado Inn. Staff is wonderful (muchas gracias Cesar), location is wonderful (just in Plaza de Armas)and we really felt among friends.The room is quite confortable, clean and their Inca wall at the restaurant is fabulous. Thank you all for everything!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

My wife and I were on our honeymoon to Machu Picchu-Cusco recently. Del Prado Inn in Cusco was our first point of contact with Peru thus we were a little anxious regarding how this experience would turn out to be. However, contrary to all skepticism our Del Prado Inn experience turned out to be excellent. This was a cute little hotel centrally located in Cusco, which made our access to most places of interest very easy. Our room (which had a jacuzzi) was very comfortable and the hotel staff was very warm, helpful and professional. The food was very good as well. Jose, one of the staffers, became our very good friend and did an excellent job in navigating us through the landscape. He could be contacted at [--] in case someone needs his help in planning a trip to Cusco-Machu Picchu. There is plenty of shopping, dining and nightlife around Del Prado Inn. We would highly recommend this hotel to future Cusco-Machu Picchu travelers.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DebashisCh
Reviewed 5 July 2009

When you stay at places like this, the staff is either really helpful (which is true of most small places) or they're just out to get as much money from you as possible. The staff here were the latter. Don't accept any wine at dinner, and definitely don't do the 3-day special, it WILL end up being much more than $300, and they WILL charge taxes, even if they tell you they won't. This was my first chargeback experience.....

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple