“"Wow" What an adventure!!”

Peru Adventures Paradise Private Day Tours
Ranked #231 of 912 Tours in Cusco
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Going to Machu Picchu was definitely on my bucket list but never did I imagine this trip to be as spectacular and exhilarating as it was. We are a group of six that decided that this was "the trip" that would conquer our fears, test our inner and outer strengths and weaknesses and if anything else bonds us together for the rest of our lives. Well, Alex and Nikko you both accomplished that with being the best tour guides ever and pushing us to our limit under your watchful and safe eyes. You have provided us an adventure that we will be talking about to anyone and everyone that asks us about our trip to Peru. We are looking forward to many more adventures with you guys since we feel now that we want to continue our journey and trek these massive mountains and lands and to learn more about the magical people of Peru past and present. By the way, I still need to go back and try the lomo saltado that was skillfully prepared for us but I was not able to eat it at that time. Also, thank you for taking us to eat "Cuy" You guys are the best. Abrazo grande from "los Cubanos"....

1  Thank Isabel529

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Tour was great, the Guide was even better. Alex was a very knowledgeable guide. He was both very enthusiastic about the ruins, and also very considerate towards our stamina. Checking on us constantly to make sure we weren't overwhelmed. he was very nice and very relate-able. We went on 2 seperate hikes with him an intense 8 hour trek, and the machu pichu tour. on both he seemed to have an unbelievable sense of calm and control over everything that was around us. giving us safety reminders on our surroundings and fun facts as well. I will definitely book with him again, and only wish he could be my guide to other countries as well.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Inca Trail was #1 on my wife's bucket list. We were not disappointed.! We were just the 2 of us with the Guide Alex Herhuay Porcal, the Chef Julio & 5 porters. Alex shared his passion for his culture, he was born in the Sacred Valley. Julio prepared 5 star meals at each stop, & all on a 2 burner camp stove, ably assisted by Sous Chef, Simon. The porters were great guys, always ready to help. One even carried our own personal bano! Our trip was made all that special by Alex's attention. He kept us informed about all matters spiritual, as well as local flora & fauna. He was always ready to tell a story, & his sense of humour was infectious! His knowledge of Machu Picchu is encyclopedic.
Altho PAP are small, they are 100% Peru. If you are looking for a personalized small trip, these guys will deliver. Well equipped, no small detail is overlooked, from hot coca tea in the tent in the morning to bowls of warm water to wash up at the end of the day.
So what are you waiting for?

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Ozzi and I met in 2008 during my first trip to Peru with my dad. We did the Inca Trail (4D/3N) hike and travelled to the Amazon as well. He was able to accommodate a diverse group of travelers ranging from the age of 18 to 58 with varying levels of physical abilities. He exudes passion and brings great knowledge about his country and Macchu Picchu. His sense of humour and contagious laugh bonds travellers. He is also very respectful of the workers around him.

When my husband and a friend of ours decided that they wanted the Inca Trail experience, there was no doubt in my mind that I would want Ozzi as a guide again. This time around he started his own company and I was glad that I was able to support a company that is 100% locally owned.

Ozzi and his staff exceeded my expectations. With over 15 years of guiding experience he continues to improve on his previous encounters and brings new ideas to serve his customers better. This was my second time on the trail and I was so glad we didn't have to use the public washrooms!!! The Porters carried a private toilette just for our group of 5. Again, Ozzi was able to ensure that everyone ranging from ages 32 to 69 had an enjoyable and safe trip.

The Porters on the trip were amazing. They carried all the equipment and Freddy the Chef prepared food for us that was better than any of the restaurants we ate at in Cusco.

If you're travelling to Peru I would highly recommend going with PAP Adventures. It's a family and local run business and you'll feel like you're treated as family.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My sister and I sprung for the private 4day/3night trek with Alex . From the pre-brief at the hotel, to the day tour of Cusco, to the hiking trip itself, we could not have hoped for a better experience. Alex is extremely knowledgeable about local ecology and history, and proud of the region's culture and heritage. He was wonderful about letting us go at our own pace - something that you can't do as much if you go with a larger group. Most of all, it's clear he genuinely loves what he does, and that makes a big difference.

While many of the bigger operators employ local people, PAP Adventures is one of the only companies and that is owned and operated by native Cuscqueños. That means that you are supporting not just the local economy, but local entrepreneurs. They don't have the same flash or marketing reach as other companies (we only found out about Alex through a friend), but they are definitely legit and well-equipped to take good care of you. In fact, their size fosters a very individualized and intimate kind of experience with one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. We couldn't recommend PAP Adventures more highly!