“For the price, not worth it”

Loreto Boutique Hotel
Ranked #25 of 554 Speciality Lodging in Cusco
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is nice, provides a good breakfast, staff is friendly and speaks English, and is located right in Plaza del Armas. However, for the price I didn't think it was worth it. There was nothing special about it. We stayed 1 night here and the next night we found a hotel about 10 minutes from Plaza del Armas for $100 cheaper that was just as nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne W

Reviewed 26 June 2014

we loved our stay! it is a tiny Little hotel with a comon entrance for Starbucks & a couple of hostels! Guess it was an old family residence modified several times. one of the walls is Inka! but best is the staff! breakfast is very limited but it is ok with bread, cheese and some cereals with yogurt. eggs or omelette included if you want! but best if the STAFF!! I got a typical G.I virus and they called a wonderful doctor and assisted us as much as they could! i would go back with my family there anytime since you leave the hotel and you are right at the Plaza de Armas!!! safe to walk at night and great to celebrate mass on a daily basis (which i never do at home but in Cuzco it is a a religious but also a historical experience)!

Room Tip: we were 2 families and booked the 2 cuádruple rooms! they face the Loreto Street and since we staye...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pedroporqueras
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Back in March we booked 5 days at Loreto with short notice and had all intentions to go there but the room arrangement was not ideal for 3 couples, so we found a better option at Amaru Hostel II. We cancelled Loreto and they were kind enough to oblige. However while staying at Amaru we checked our bank account and we saw that Loreto charged us $47.00, so we walked over to Loreto to speak with someone. We spoke with a lady at the desk who put the manager on the phone. His name is Henry Abar. He told us it was because of the cancellation on short notice. We accepted that and thought that was the end of it. When we got back to Lima we noticed that we were charged $127.00 by Loreto.
We called and spoke to Henry and he said it was because of our short notice he had to charge that amount. We asked why he didn't tell us that while we were standing in his hotel as the lady was looking directly at the $47.00 fee on the computer and he was on the phone with us. He had no answer. He had the opportunity to tell us $127 as we were in his hotel. He didn't because it was $47. The amount changed sometime after we left.
After lengthy conversation and Henry not standing by the original $47 charge. He budged from the $127 and said he would credit us $40. Just to end this we said fine.
We got back home to Florida and noticed no $40 credit yet. We called the Loreto and spoke to Henry again and he said he would call the credit company and we would have our credit in a week or so. We waited and it never came. We called again to Henry and he said the same thing. No credit. We called again and again over weeks and weeks. No credit.
The manager at this hotel is not trustworthy to his word. I do not want to write this as I hate negative reviews.that are too personal, but I finally told Henry I would write a bad review if he didn't follow through on his word. He makes excuses and he lies. We loved Cusco but Loreto Botique Hotel we do not. All because of a false promise to credit us $40.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at the Boutique Loreto Hotel and highly recommend it. The staff welcomed me as if I were a family member coming back home. The hotel is located right in the middle of the city square, making it convenient to get to all of the agencies, restaurants and sites that I wanted to see. The room that I chose was cozy and comfortable. Everything felt so clean, from the bed sheets to the bathroom. There was a heater so I could control the temperature. The window faced the interior courtyard of the hotel. I didn't realize the advantage of this until my friends who were staying in another hotel with outward facing windows told me how much noise there can be on the street. Breakfast is tasty and served early enough so that I could have it before going on an excursion. My only issue with the hotel is that the breakfast room and the telephone/lobby noise can echo into the internal courtyard. I would recommend they could install a heavy curtain or door to block out that noise.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank From A - Z
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We chose this hotel as it is in a fantastic location to explore the city, just off the Plaza De Armas.

Having arrived we were very impressed with all the staff who are extremely helpful and more than willing to assist in any way possible. This family run hotel is in my opinion a jewel in Cusco and you also get some rooms that have an original Inca wall.....

We had room 201 on the first floor which is a family room so was very large with a separate shower room. The only negative being it overlooks a street that is very busy at all times of the day, hence noisy to very noisy at night.

Very welcoming staff who are an asset to the hotel.
Would recommend this hotel and would stay there again if a revisit to Cusco happens.

During the stay it happened to be my birthday and I was greeted at breakfast with a very tasty birthday cake...thank you Grandma, Diane and Angela, not forgetting the rest of the staff.

Henry if you want more assistance you have my e mail...........

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James H
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Margarita P., Toronto, Canada
I chose this hotel for my family because it was recommended by Expedia and I'm happy with my choice. It was a perfect place to stay not only with the location but with the comfort as well.
Our room was large, with a closet and a safety box. We were 3 people and had 4 beds.
The bathroom was large and clean. They changed our white towels every day and organized the beds everyday. The beds are comfortable. There are plenty of blankets. It was warm and nice.
We signed for a City Tour through the hotel administration and got a very good guid - Jose, who showed us the city in the best way.
It was a very quite and useful vacation for us.
The breakfast was very delicious, there was everything for everybody's taste.
Don't miss to visit the Cathedral. Nothing in the world can be compared to it. Amazing!
I really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was looking to the small street on the last floor and was really quite and nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank margipan
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Staff very helpful and friendly and location is very central. Rooms are not large, we had 3 adults in the room, 2 would have been more comfortable. If you have a lot of baggage you will have problems, there was not a wardrobe or chest of draws either so in some ways it is like a 5 star back packer hostel.
We left our surplus baggage here on 2 occasions for free as we did not wish to take a lot of stuff when traveling to firstly Machu Pichu and after to Lake Titicaca, it was perfectly safe.
The breakfast was OK and the rooms were clean and WARM at night despite it being a bit on the chilly side.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family