Ninos Hotel Meloc
  • Free Internet
US$425
US$395
  • Pool
Tierra Viva Cusco Centro(Cusco)
US$110
US$27
US$18
Hostelworld.com
1,159 results
All reviewsstreet childrenlocal childrenworthy causemoney goesshared bathroomprivate bathhot waterspace heatersunny courtyardinca trailmachu picchulaundry servicecentral courtyardwe loved our stayrooms are cleanwarm blanketsmain plaza
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Fantastic oasis in the city that literally oozes charm. Greeted with mate tea upon arrival, with refills in quick order after mild altitude sickness set-in. Fantastic bakery on-site. Hotel provides helpful information on its social mission, as well as opportunities to participate. Also helpful with all the tourist opportunities in the area. Staff was efficient and extremely friendly. Would stay here again, and again...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaikoG
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed 6 nights in this hotel. Very safe and very nice "inner terace". Liked also the staff a lot. Food was nothing special and bit expensive, 10 meters up the street and you can eat in a local 5 sol dinner. Clean rooms with thick blancets. Some of the room rate went for good reason, puor children. I can recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed twice at Los Ninos during my time Peru. The stored my luggage for me while I walked the Inca Trail, I came back for one night and then they stored my luggage again for me while I went up to the jungle for 5 days. I stayed at Los Ninos for four wonderful nights. The reception staff are so welcoming, the girls in the restaurant were especially fantastic. They were able to have meals that meet my dietary requirements and treated you so welcoming. I got a chest infection after the jungle and they supplied me with copious quanities of hot water. My laundry was done in record time. Both rooms I had were ground floor rooms which were decorated in a very spanish style to suit the building. Very quaint. My beds were very comfortable and the rooms immaculatly clean. I looked out onto the courtyard. I noticed they turned the fountain off at night so it is very quiet. Los Ninos is very close to everything a five minute walk to the Plaza de Armas and a few minutes more to Ave De Sole. Very reasonable priced - a delicous breakfast is extra. All food is bio dynamic - and freshly cooked. The cakes and hot chocolate to die for.
Also all the profits from Los Ninos goes to supporting the street children. I loved this place and was sad to leave. It encaptulated the heart of the wonderful city of Cusco.

Room Tip: I would be happy to stay in any room there.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Anne M
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I had already read reviews on the Niños Hotel and had watched their webpage. I had even visited the hotel 18 months before, just for a coffee.
This time I decided I would stay there and was not disappointed.
Excellet rates, excellent bed/pillows and bedding. Lovely, simple, Ikea-like decoration. Very friendly personnel.
Not to mention their delicious breakfasts, soup, coffee.
The floors and everything else are sparkling clean.
I also visited their project for low-income children, the dining, shower and gym areas. My congratulations to Jolanda and all her staff for their endeavour!
I stayed in Cusco for 15 days, partly in this hotel and partly in a 5-star super deluxe hotel.
Niños is unbeatable in all respects.
They deserve the 2012 Trip Advisor Award!

Room Tip: Better upstairs and leading onto the courtyard, not to the street, which ca be noisy. Ground floor can be noisy as well as other passengers roll their luggage on the floor upstairs. It is an old house and wooden floors are thin and transmit noise very easily.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We were a party of six needed a place in Cuzco to acclimate and then return to after the classic 4 day 3 night hike to Machu Piccu.

We checked in a day after our friends to the Pieter room located on the second level. We were only two people, but we had FOUR beds in the room. So large! Aside from that the room was excellent. We paid $50 per night for two people with a private bath. The rate was slightly lower on the old website, but I wasn't about to argue over a few dollars. The hotel itself was very charming with the proceed going back to fund local children. I liked the little bit of give back, we didn't pick a fancy place in Cuzco, but it was nice to know you were helping out in a small way. The rooms for what you paid for were amazing. Super comfy beds, clean bathrooms and super plush and soft towels.

The hotel stored our luggage while were were on the the hike. My partner was sick during the hike, the hotel was sold out while he had to remain in Cuzco - he was easily accommodated at their alternate location just two blocks away with short notice.

On our return back post hike, we were given a most interesting room on the main level. I can not remember the name, but have added photos. LOVED this room, very unique, quiet and comfortable!

The breakfast was NOT included, but the menu had excellent options to please many different palates. The fresh baked breads were amazing and the preserves to go with, simply lovely. The naughty options like the banana pancakes were simply to die for!!! For a few soles, best breakfast ever. Dinner was similar, many options, tasty, affordable and satisfying. Coffees and teas were excellent as well.

Security - mixed area just a short walk from the Plaza de Armes - the door has a bell that requires ringing on arrival - the desk clerk will let you in. Sometimes it was required to wait.

While this is not the Four Seasons, I felt that my needs were more than taken care of at the Ninos Hotel.

Positives:
Free luggage storage
Restaurant with excellent food onsite
comfy beds and linens
Courtyard is charming - great setting for midday conversation
Felt very safe here

Negatives
Room amenities like hair dryer, shampoo and conditioner not included

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends