“Casa De Catastrophe”

Casa de Campo Hotel
Ranked #114 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is the worst place I have ever stayed at in my life and I have traveled all around the world and seen it all. First off, this place should be shut down for fraud because it lies to people saying on the website that it is a hotel when it is actually a HOSTEL. If you feel the need to have dirty rooms, no sleep, no hot water, and spiders included in your room, then by all means book this place. It is a dump and when you walk outside this "establishment", stray dogs await you. I already wrote one bad review about this hotel and it was not published and I will write another one until it is so people know the truth about this garbage place.

Room Tip: Run the other way.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank michelle y
There are newer reviews for Casa de Campo Hotel

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

If you have problems walking up steps or are afraid of heights, this is not the right place for you. Fantastic views of the city but is a good 20 minute hike uphill from the historical district. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The breakfast in the observation room was greatly appreciated. The only bad thing was we did not realize the plumbing is turned off overnight. We would stay there again

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Comesta2day
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights after our 4 day Inca Trail Trek. What a place of solitude. Only a 10-15 min walk to the Plaza de Armes Square, you felt like you were miles away.
Cute garden and landscaping. Numerous balconies to sit on. Great view of cusco from breakfast Room.
Beds were comfortable. Large bathroom with a rustic, European feel.
Very helpful staff.
The best part were the resident dogs. They gave me so much happiness to sit outside with them and just relax. There were two Pekinese dogs ( Momma and husband who dressed in drag ) and two baby puppies.
The only thing I will mention, that did not bother me at all but might bother some was there was no TV in our room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

their rooms are pretty nice and with great views although not all rooms have access to WiFi because you know, is Cusco here. Staffs have been really helpful and good with English. Another thing I like about this place is because is so close to Cristo Blanco, I can hike up there in the morning! But be mindful of one thing, they cut off the hot water at night, be sure to take your shower early( I took mine no later than 6pm or in the morning) or ask them what time they shut it off.

Room Tip: higher floors for better view of Cusco lower floor rooms for WiFi connection
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kit_katcsn
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The Room in Casa de Campo was one of the nicest we stayed at on our trip, for a very reasonable price. They had an amazing full jacuzzi / bath, a massive room, equally massive bed, and super soft blankets. I would easily rate this place 5 stars, except...

The staff nearly lost my clothes after I gave it to them for laundry. I told them many times that I had to have them by a specific time to catch a bus and they still managed to forget and lost my clothes for about 30 minutes, just in time for me to catch my bus, but I wish they had just paid attention to me in the first place.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aristekrat
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This hotel is one of the nicest memories I have from Cusco. Yes, you have to walk up the stairs to get to your room. However, you feel like you are sleeping in the middle of nature. Rooms are clean. You can even ask for a room with a fireplace and enjoy the stars and the view of the city of Cusco. Breakfast was always good, having also a beautiful view of Cusco!
Staff is very helpful and friendly. Any questions you have about tours, places to go, they will help you.
Our last day at the hotel, there was no water! What? Issues with the water company in Cusco. The staff was very helpful. We had to check out at 10 am. However, they let us keep our luggage there, go for a walk and come back to shower. Very relaxing experience and highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diana B
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Design is nice, breakfast ok (fireplace!), staff most of the time very helful. The location isn't very good and rooms are small. It's not so far from the center but quite high, so you really have to catch your breath to get up there. But once you're there you have a great view over the city of Cusco.

Room Tip: If you have problems with the altitude, ask for a room which isn't too high. Since the hotel is...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple