“San Blas II-Choquechaca”

Hospedaje Turistico San Blas
Ranked #27 of 398 Cusco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 December 2011

This is a great place. Right in the centre of town, quiet, lovely common room. Staff are fine if not superb. Breakfast is simple, but no flies (coffee sucks as usual in Peru). Rooms clean, sleep great, hot showers. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 October 2011

Had a great stay in this hostal. The rooms are big even though the one we stayed in is a little dark (pick the one on the second floor - seems to have more natural light). It came with private bathroom, a heater, telephone, cable TV, and hot water. Wifi is available in the dining room, but not in our room.

Breakfast was included in the price - basic but since it's self serve we can eat as much as we can. The place is centrally located between Plaza del Arma and Plaza San Blas. Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2011

After having a horrible experience at Hostal Amaru, (bedbugs, no room heaters, and WAY too much noise at the Amaru) we moved across the street to the Hospedaje San Blas. Its not as "fancy", but it is absolutely clean, with large rooms, comfortable beds, soft pillows, 24 hour gushing HOT water, very quiet, wi-fi, TVs, laundry service, Peruano breakfast, gracious responsive service, an ATM, and right in the heart of the San Blas District. We had a queen room, very quiet and secluded with private bath - for about $35 a night. Most of the folks who stay here are Peruanos. A REAL FIND!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank helmsgal
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Came here as my usual hostal was booked when I tried for a last minute reservation. The room I had (208) was great. It was big. All the beds in the room were different, and lucked out with a really great one for the two evening stay. I stayed here a few years back but couldn't remember why I didn't like it. And then...it came back to me. The attitude of the staff which just lends to an overall cold feeling of the place. They had moments of being friendly, mainly when I first asked if they had a room available. Otherwise, found them hugely impersonal and bordering on rude. Never said good morning when I came down or a hello when I entered. When I asked if the internet was available only in the courtyard, the person at the front desk just gave me a blank stare before answering coldly, ¨yes¨. Also, my room was on the second floor and the shared bathroom is in somewhat of an alcove off the first floor, as if you're heading towards a basement, so not the most convenient. One evening, I had just returned and hadn't had a chance to get up to my room to grab toilet paper to use the bathroom (they give you your own roll). There was none in the bathroom itself and I went to the front desk to ask for some; it was obvious I really had to go. The woman at the front desk just replied that I have toilet paper in my room and only gave me a roll begrudgingly. The breakfast is really simple and limited, the juice def not fresh and that's something you get regularly in hostales or restaurantes, regardless of price. I was able to get wi-fi in my room, in case you want to try it with your laptop and not head to the central courtyard. Also, the shared bathrooms were not the cleanest (though you do get good hot water as reviewed previously). Whenever I went, the toilet seats looked filthy. The price was cheap, though,and exactly what I needed. The price matched the quality of service. Would only stay here if I absolutely needed to.

Room Tip: 208 was great. quiet, large, and good beds. though you're sharing a bath which is located about...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The staff was very helpful. The room was clean though very bare bones. I would recommend it if you are not planning to spend a lot of time in your room. It was perfect for me as I was out all day sightseeing and only returned to sleep and shower.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This property says it is a hostel but really was more of a lovely b&b for my friend and I.
The price was good, the showers were hot, the breakfast was small but that is customary in this country.
We had a safe airport pickup from the wonderful staff, nothing but good things to say about them. It is inconvenient sometimes to store things in their safe at the desk as you can't always access it. We just set our schedule around it.
We had a lovely room on the courtyard.
It does get cold so do leave your heater on if you are only going our for a few hours.
The only way this seems to be more of a hostel is that you don't get daily hskp and you have lower quality linens..but really who cares for the price.
The area is beautiful and there are good restaurants in the area. After a few days of local dining try Numa Raymi's... you will pass it on the walk to the plaza.. AMAZING food!!

Also as two ladies traveling alone even being grigas--we felt totally safe staying here and the staff ensured that we did. Cusco is wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jcktvls
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Staff not Hispanic friendly, Bathroom very dark and sewer smell coming from shower,
Terrible breakfast, and to top it all off I had to wait 30 minutes to check out and then they tried to charge me more than the confirmed price, good thing I had all the emails.
You can find much better rooms for the money....

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo