Walking to this hotel can be quite far from the main city square in Cusco. However, it's nice and peaceful and the hotel itself is charming and full of character.
The rooms are tastefully designed but at night, it can be a bit noisy. Cusco is one of the most touristy cities in the world so it's to be expected.
The morning breakfast, the bar and the restaurant are good - room service also does great food! The internet connection is good too! Service is good and the staff speak English which is helpful.
There is no swimming pool and the laundry service is very slow. We were promised our clothes in one day but it took two!
However, this is a great hotel and deserves recommendation.
The hotel is in close proximity to Mali, the pre-Colombian museum which is well worth a visit. And the restaurants nearby are also fantastic! Make sure you go in advance owing to flocks of tourists filling up the tables by 8pm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arqueologo is situated just a five-minute walk from Cusco's Main Square "Plaza de Armas", in the traditional San Cristobal neighborhood, with its narrow streets and Inca walls, colonial-era balconies and baroque churches. During the Inca period, our street was one of the main avenues of the imperial capital, connecting the center of the city with the great fortress of Saqsaywaman. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Arqueologo Exclusive Selection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arqueologo Exclusive Selection Cusco
- Arqueologo Exclusive Selection Hotel