this is a lovely old hotel with an interesting history. we gather it is built on Inca ruins. The room was beautiful with doors out to a nice balcony. we stayed here twice but on the secongd occaision they offered us another room that was no where near as nice but we were able to move to the room we stayed in on the first visit. staff are very good and helpful with good english. the hotel is just a short walk from the main square although at this altitude it can leave you a little breathles.The restaurant is very good with excellent food and choice. it is not run by the hotel but a seperate operator. if you want to eat in the garden they will deliver the food to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arqueologo is situated just a five-minute walk from Cusco's Main Square "Plaza de Armas", in the traditional San Cristobal neighborhood, with its narrow streets and Inca walls, colonial-era balconies and baroque churches. During the Inca period, our street was one of the main avenues of the imperial capital, connecting the center of the city with the great fortress of Saqsaywaman. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Arqueologo Exclusive Selection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arqueologo Exclusive Selection Cusco
- Arqueologo Exclusive Selection Hotel