“Great little Hotel for only $50 a night”
Review of Hotel Rumi Punku

Hotel Rumi Punku
Ranked #18 of 165 Hotels in Cusco
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great little Hotel for only $50 a night”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I think it's one of Cusco's best kept secerets. We stayed there for a week and it cost us around $50 a night to stay there. Less that five minutes walk from Cusco's brilliant two main squares it's great for the shopper and pub crawler. 10 - 15 mins walk up the mountain lives a really authentic community with a number of Inca ruins scattered about. Considering June is probably their busiest month, prices were rock bottom.

Room Tip: If you want to splash out a little more, ask for room 401 - it's a bigger living space.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Boots_3lectric

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights prior to beginning the Salkantay Trek. From the moment we arrived we were treated very well. During the trek, my wife returned to Cusco ill. The hotel was quite full, however they were more than accommodating and arranged a room and assisted in anyway they could. Very appreciated.

The location is perfect as it is close enough to the main Plaza, but far enough that you aren't kept up all night from festivities in the streets. It's also a nice walk up to Sasqaywaman.

Breakfast was nothing special, but completely acceptable. Coca tea is available whenever you need, which is handy to help with the altitude.

We both slept really well. The beds are comfortable and nice and warm.

Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights in April. The hotel is very clean and my room was spacious and the bathroom was immaculate.

I booked online before my trip to Cusco and I received prompt concise replies. The price for two people in a double room was 100 USD per night which is excellent value for money for Cusco, especially as the Rumi Punku is so nice. The price also inlcuded a free pick-up from the bus station.

Some of the other criticisms in the reviews about the RP have been its location. The RP is located about 7-8 minutes walk (perfectly safe, even late at night) from the main square. You have to go down some lovely stone pedestrian streets full of touristy-type shops and inca massage parlours (no, not that type of massage parlours!). To me this was never a problem as its nice to have a walk around and see different parts of the city. When I arrived a friend was bragging about his lovely hotel overlooking the main square. The next day he told me he couldnt sleep all night as the main sqaure is full or bars and restaurants and is very noisy way in to the early hours.

I recommend this hotel to anyone going to Cusco. Its not top-end luxury but is an excellent hotel for a great price.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank NigelTufnell
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The hotel with out a doubt is beautiful and conveniently located to the Plaza, however that does not make a hotel. The service was unhelpful and unfriendly. It was very business with no personal touches. The housekeeping staff and the young man that brought up our luggage were the only friendly people we encountered in the hotel. There is a cost for the hot tub and the hours are not convenient for travelers. The upstairs outdoor patio is beautiful and worth a visit and is a great place to unwind. I was so looking forward to my stay here and I was really disappointed. Aside from its obvious beauty there is not much else.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank TNO73
Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Really pretty hotel, with excellent service and a nice breakfast. My favorite hotel of our entire trip. Karina arranged tours, taxis and train tickets for us, and everything went perfectly. Cuzco is a beautiful city, and feels very safe, and the Sacred Valley tour was really great. Wish I had had more time to spend in this area!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank FloridaLinda67
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We recently spent 5 nights in Cusco at this wonderful hotel. Service was great, rooms were spacious, clean with free wi-fi. A room with computers is provided for those without laptops. Good breakfast is included. About a 5-7 minute walk to the main plaza. Cusco is a very interesting city to visit and our stay at Rumi Punku only enhanced the experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank randomMA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I really liked Cusco and ended up spending several days more there than I thought I would due to the mining strikes that shut down Lake Titicaca during my visit. The staff at Rumi Punku, especially Karina and Jesus, really helped me with all the last minute planning I had to do in order to make my trip a success. They helped me book a trip to the Amazon with just 2 days notice, and I felt totally comfortable leaving the bulk of my luggage in their lockup and office safe during my excursions to the Amazon and Machu Picchu. The hotel itself was very nice and charming and only about a 5 minute walk to the plaza de armes, or san blas through a safe area. The breakfast was very good and everyone there is super friendly. I'd highly recommend staying here during your visit to Cusco.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends