“I can't thank them enough for making me enjoy Cusco better. A great experience.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Rumi Punku

Hotel Rumi Punku
Ranked #16 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
Ballan, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

I arrived at the Cusco airport and a person from the hotel was waiting for me. That was the beginning of a great experience in service and treatment. Every single person at the Rumi Punku treated me as if was the most important client at their place. Most importantly, they really made me feel as if I was. They treated me with respect and courtesy and were extremely helpful when I needed advise or tips on food, places, trips, etc.
I have also spoken to people who were at the hotel, mostly when using the computer center and we all shared our positive experiences with the great service. It's a pleasure to recommend this hotel to any traveller. If I ever come back to Cusco, the Rumi Punku would be my first choice, that's for sure!

Room Tip: I had a great time at Room 201. Quiet, comfortable and elegantly Peruvian!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Alfonso_delacruz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

My spouse and I stayed in 3 different hotels in cusco over 2 weeks. Rumi Punku has been the best of all 3. Location is perfect. (very close to Plaza de Armas, circled by excellent restaurants, laundry, markets, shopping). Rooms are nice, they are of good size and clean. There is adjustable heating in the room (very important to us as rooms can be humid and cold in Cusco). The inside gardens are splendid and well appreciated to relax/ read or have a beer after a long day.

We never lacked hot water even in peak hours. Service was great. Also we used the private Jaccuzi/spa which we highly recommend if you stay there. It cost us $15/each for 2 hours for having access to a private room which included a Jacuzzi, sauna, shower, fridge, bar and flat screen TV while being in the Jacuzzi. Well worth it after a long day! (you need to reserve the jacuzzi ~30mins ahead.)

Quietness was best in Rumi Punku. People get up early in Cucso to head to their different activites. Insulation has been poor in our different hotels except in this one. On top of which management ask clients to be quiet over the sleeping period. Our first hotel (Torre Dorada) was very poor on this and we decided to get up at ~4am because of the noise around.

Last item worth mentionning. The breakfast. Of all 3 hotels, Rumi Punku had the best breakfast. Selection of fruits with yogurt. Some meat, eggs and toasts. Nothing spectacular but by far the best we have seen in cusco.

Overall, Rumi Punku was the most expensive of the 3 hotels we stayed at (Torre Dorada, Amaru 1 being the other 2) but the price difference was well worth it and I would encourage you to pick that one.

Of note, a small visit to the restaurant "Fallen Angel" which is a very short walk is well worth it. Try their Angelic Ravioli... amazing!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PowderNick
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

I just returned back from a five day trip to Cusco. Having never been to South America before, I was unsure about the type of hotel to stay at, but booked a stay at Rumi Punku after reading reviews on Trip Advisor and in my guide book. I traveled with four friends and we all loved our time here. The location is fabulous. It's a five minute walk to the main square (Plaza de Armas) and on a quiet, safe street. The hotel itself is beautiful, with several courtyards inside. We found the rooms to be spacious as well and so appreciated that they were always stocked with water bottles for sale (we needed them a lot after hikes around the city.) We always had hot water in the shower as well.

Breakfast, which is included, was delicious! They had eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, and cocoa tea to help fight altitude sickness. Breakfast starts at 5, which was helpful for the days we left early for tours. The staff was also extremely helpful and friendly. A free pick up from the airport was included as well. We left for a night to visit Machu Picchu and felt comfortable leaving our bags behind. Hotel staff actually picked our bags up from our room, and when we arrived back the next day, had our bags already in our new room. The hotel also offers massage services in their small spa, which I found to be really professional and reasonable.

I had read in other reviews that noise could be an issue. Since people do leave so early in the morning for Machu Picchu, it can get a little noisy. We did not find this to be a problem, but if you think it will bother you, I recommend asking for a room in the back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I was thinking to spent 03 nights in Rumi Punku Hotel , but I felt so confortable that I changed my mind and decide to stay again when I come back from Machupicchu.

The hotel is amazing!, good desing,the hotel has patios and terrace on the third floor, you can feel better than home.
The rooms are very clean and everything has been made with dedication, the breakfast is full of fresh and delicious food., you can order eggs like you want.
The staff of the hotel is always in touch with your needs and they can arrange everything what you need, I hope to come back again!!!

thanks a lot.

Raul:-)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
columbia SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

We love Rumi Punku in Cusco. This past visit is the second in 2 years! Both times we have had 4 children ranging from 21-10. This time we had another family with us and 3 more children! It is a perfect family hotel in a great location. The hotel is lovely, clean, quiet, and has great breakfasts, super comfortable beds and lots of hot water and heat. The recently renovated business center is also a great improvement, as is the new courtyard area. The staff are very helpful and are happy to store bags during Inca trail hikes. We're looking forward to our third visit there one day.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

We spent more than ten days at the Rumi Punku, in between climbing, trekking and sightseeing trips. The location is great, near several good cafes, but not too close ( only 5 min walk) to the Plaza, which can be very busy and noisy in high season. There are rooms of different sizes, all of which are very nice and clean, as are the bathrooms.

The staff were particularly helpful, arranging rooms for us at very short notice in high season and helping us translate complicated arrangements with one of our climbing agencies. They speak excellent English and were very helpful to all the travellers that we saw. There is a security guard at the door during the night and inside the hotel was very secure. We had a lot of heavy expedition baggage and the staff were very good helping us move it around. The stairs are fine, even at 3300m.

The breakfast is excellent by South American standards, with fresh fruit, juices, bread and eggs any way you want. There is free tea and coffee available 24hrs. The free internet facilities were also appreciated.

Some of the rooms were quite cold, they could use some more heating, though heaters are available from Reception upon request. The hot water was usually OK, though sometimes during the day, or at busy times, it was cold.

Room Tip: Book early in June-July, it is very popular.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

The conscientious traveller will find a great home at Rumi Punku.

We were jet lagged coming into Cuzco and were met at the airport by one of the hotel staff, friendly, kind, and English speaking. At the hotel we were given a cup of coco tea and an explanation of how to combat altitude sickness- rest & coco tea eat lightly - for at least 48 hours. The hotel is just like the picures on the internet, a Spanish and Inca blend, very beautiful and picturesque. Alternate routes to our room gives glimpses into a number of intimate courtyards. Our superior room is spacious, very clean and the down duvet keeps you toasty at night. There are signs asking guest to be quiet between 9 at night and 7 in the morning and such this is one of the quietest hotels at night that I have ever stayed in. Very close to the action of the city but our own little oasis.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple