“Terrific Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
New York
“Terrific Hotel”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The Rumi Punku Hotel, was nice experience for us we arrive very early to the airport and we were excited to know Cusco and Machupichi, and there was a person waiting for us.
When We arrive to the Hotel the staff gaves a warm welcome with coca tea.
The transfer gave us all the tourist information, she introduce us to the manager who gave us all the information about the Hotel, allways he was kiding any time it was a particularcheck in.
We had early check in, the room were confortables, the breakfast was fresh and is from 5:00 am to 10:00 a.m, so we had early breakfast after two days we had to go for the inca trail, they keep our luggage free.
When We come back all the lugagge were already in our rooms.
Tips for the next travelers:
1.- They have oxygen free
2.-If you want an early check in you can have it , no aditional cost
3.-They have a business center for the guests, if you want to make your flight check in on line , to talk by skype with your family ...
4.-This Hotel is located in front of the San blas ,typical neighborhood of Cusco

Thank you to all the Hotel staff of Rumi Punke, we are very sorry we took so long to write a review, as you know we also have to work, best wishes for you!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steven S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Korean first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I had a great stay not long ago in this hotel, it was really great and I can suggest it everyone. The hotel staff is friendly. Free transfer from the airport is included. The location is very close to the main square and numerous shops. Rooms are clean and comfortable, I was upgreated to penthouse with great views to the whole town. Breakfasts are very good. I highly recommend this really beautiful place.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank EVGENY_MOSCOW
Parthenon, Arkansas
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I began visiting Peru around 3 years ago. I loved my time there and have
continued to return....visiting 7 times in the course of these 3 years.

On my first trip, I reserved a hotel in Cusco based on reviews on Trip advisor.
This hotel, Rumi Punku, was definitely not a disappointment.
From the pick up at the airport by a taxi driver and a member of the hotel
staff, I felt very welcome. Entering the hotel (after all night of flying), I was
seated on a comfortable couch and served hot coca tea while I filled out
the paperwork.

Although it was early morning and before check in time, I was given a room
very quickly. The room was spotlessly clean, the bed and bedding comfortable,
the water always hot. The courtyards are beautiful....flowers and plants
gracing the courtyard and
always a small vase of flowers in the room.....one of the many signs of attention
to detail that make the hotel special. The hotel has an old world charm
while offering all the modern conveniences.

I have returned to this hotel many times....at the beginning and end of each
trip and often in the middle as well.

Sergio, who works in the reception area, has often said to me that “this is your
home in Cusco” and everyone in the hotel has contributed their friendly service towards
making me feel that he is right.....this place has become my home in Cusco.

Some of the other things I like about staying there include the internet room. the
ease of making international calls, and the great breakfast. The breakfast
is served buffet style in a beautiful room with two lit fireplaces to take the early
morning chill from the air. They always serve a variety of fresh fruit, 4 choices of
fresh juice, croissants and other breads with butter and strawberry jam, some meat and cheese, sometimes avocado, and always eggs cooked to order. And, of course, there is coffee and tea. Throughout the day, there is always complimentary hot water and tea available.

There is heat in all the rooms which can be important during some times of year
in Cusco.

The location is good.....an easy walk to the main plaza and close to the interesting
area of San Blas as well as close to the best restaurants. However, the street Rumi Punku is on is not so busy as the plaza area and thus is quieter.

I am a woman who travels solo, and I have always felt safe walking to the hotel
at night and certainly inside the hotel at all times.

Sergio and the rest of the staff are always available to help one find just
the right taxi, tour, directions, restaurants, etc.

Since I have been going to this hotel, they have opened a new section with
“superior” rooms. All rooms in the hotel are nice (although some are small), but if you can afford the extra cost, the new section is especially lovely.

For me, there has been no reason to look elsewhere in Cusco.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Ozarksriverspirit
Altadena, California
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This charming hotel is located just a few blocks away from the main square and is very close to most of the museums, restaurants, and shopping areas. Staff is very helpful and attentive. Oxygen is available upon request, which one of our party needed badly as he was hit hard by the altitude of 10, 500.
The dining room, TV room is beautiful and very Cuscueno in feel. The breakfasts are very good and start early which is necessary for many travelers. Good coca tea available all the time with a big basket of the leaves for chewing outside the hotel. I found it quite helpful and didn't have any altitude symptoms until 13,000 at Lake Titicaca.
The rooms are all unique and nice. Good bathrooms, and lovely patios on many levels allowing a lot of different views from different rooms and areas of the hotel.
Number one negative in the relatively cold climate, almost no hot water. Got some showing late at night, but that was it. Not sure about the excuses, but we were there for 2 nights, went to Machupicchu, and came back for another night and there was no improvement.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed for 1 week. Great hotel for price. Basic facilities but very clean & Tidy. Good location & helpful staff. Went on a 7 day trek between stays & were able to leave all our ski gear at the hotel while we were away.
Would stay again

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This place is in an excellent location just a few blocks from Plaza de Armas. It is slightly up a hill but everything in Cusco in up a hill or down a hill. I stayed for 3 nights before heading to Machu Picchu and then another 2 nights after I returned from Machu Picchu. The design and decorative aspects of this hotel are outstanding! I´m typically not concerned with aesthetics when traveling, I simply want a clean place to sleep, however, this place blew me away. Perhaps not suitable for the "well to do," but as for me, I give it a "10." This place is beautiful and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Whoever designed this place, didn´t try to squeeze in as many rooms as possible in an effort to collect more money - and I truly appreciate that. My room didn´t have a view of the outdoors per se, it was a view of the courtyard and the courtyards (yes, more than one), are beautiful. The designer was obviously more concerned with beauty. For me, the price couldn´t have been better, I paid $80 per night! I definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: Walls are thin, but signs ask guest to be quiet at night. No pool.