“We loved the Rumi Punku”
Review of Hotel Rumi Punku

Hotel Rumi Punku
Ranked #18 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 14 January 2008

Lovely hotel 10 minutes from the Plaza de Armas and a few steps to the trendy San Blas district in Cuzco.
Beautiful traditional archictecture and patios. Very clean and nice rooms. Helpful and friendly staff. Excellent value for the price. We loved our 2 nights at the Rumi Punku and recommend it strongly.

M and D K. in Montreal, Canada

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank MDK_travels

Reviewed 13 January 2008

We stayed at the Rumi Punko for four nights while in Cusco in mid-December. We booked a quad room which was a large room with one double bed and two twin beds. We were travelling with our two children ages 9 and 12. There was cable TV, free wi-fi in the room as well as two public computers in the lobby/breakfast room area. The hotel is fairly small, but feels very secure behind a large gated wall with a security guard. It is a short walk (about 8 blocks) to the Plaza de Armas and there is a good international type restaurant just about four blocks away (Jack's Cafe - good, cheap food). The breakfast in the hotel is nice, and they will cook you eggs to order. The owner of the hotel is a very helpful gentlemen who even drove us in his own car to the Sacsayhuaman ruins to find horses to ride. We paid $70 a night for our room, probably one of our better deals in our month long trip to Peru! I recommend this hotel as a mid-range option in Cusco.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank JRS11
Reviewed 5 January 2008

I've got so many incredible tips for my trip to Cusco and Inca Trek from this forum, I feel compelled to provide my feedback to the community after my recent trip. I highly recommend Rumi Punku. I spent 4 nights there and the experience was wonderful. It is very clean, organized. Location is convenient to reach the main plaza and San Blas. The breakfast is included in the charge, fresh and tasty (although the menu never changes, kind of getting bored after my 3rd night). Free internet service comes very handy. I stayed in the 2nd floor and the first floor. The corner room on the 2nd floor is kind of noisy. The room on the 1st floor behind the reception is very quiet, highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank ysquare
Reviewed 16 December 2007

Hotel clean, very comfy, beautifully decorated, hot water, really great deal, very affordable, staff great.

1  Thank Polin
Reviewed 13 December 2007

Great Location! Friendly staff and very clean and nice facilities!
Went with my boyfriend and I had to come back and write a possitive review. Excellent for the price!

1  Thank lufromthesouth
Reviewed 2 December 2007

My husband and I stayed here on the ends of a trip on the Inca Trail, and we were very pleased with our experience. The hostal itself was really cool--the middle was an open courtyard, surrounded by the rooms, a reception desk, and a breakfast /dining/TV area with two free Internet terminals. The service was exceptional. Somehow, my reservation had been lost, but the front desk manager was able to accomodate us for the duration of our trip. The rooms were clean and accomodating, as well as unique and charming. The hostal was not right in the middle of the San Blas area as I had expected, but it was a short walk to that plaza as well as the main Plaza de Armas, so we were pleased with the location. Plenty of laundries, restaurants, and shops nearby as well. The price was very good and we would definitely return if we ever get back to Cusco!

1  Thank SendMeSomewhere
Reviewed 28 November 2007

Perfect. Don't forget - you are in Peru so I'm not talking about the Four Seasons in Hawaii - but for Peru based on the price the hotel is terrific.

The hotel was clean, it is located in a great area, the staff helped us with everything, free internet and a free breakfast each day. We stayed at the hotel for a total of four nights. It is a charming place and they gave us a free ride from the airport to the hotel.

I really don't have anything bad to say about the place. You will really enjoy the hotel.

1  Thank MinnesotaPat