“A great place in Cusco!”
Review of Hotel Rumi Punku

Hotel Rumi Punku
Ranked #18 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about this place, especially after staying at a different place in Cusco in the same price range that was a disappointment. This place had decent wifi & an excellent breakfast. The rooms were nice, comfy & clean, a great shower. We were on the 3rd floor with a lot of stairs, which I didn't mind but if that's a problem for you I suppose you could request a room on the bottom floor?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 December 2013

My experience with the people there has been based only on words. I made a reservation and I had nothing to pay in advance. They kept my room even when I left for a couple of days and I returned. I only paid at the end, even though I had a gap between the dates. Great trustworthy people! The rooms are excellent, heated (not very common in Cusco) hot water, good and consistent breakfast. A great place to stay while exploring Cusco and surroundings. Very accessible place by taxi or by foot. Close to the city center, Plaza de Armas, and also have some laundry dry cleanings nearby and this is very useful. Also many restaurants close and shopping streets!
Great place with nice people!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Radu D
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Charming hotel. Great location...a bit away from the main plaza but just a few minutes walking which I liked. At $90 per night, a very reasonable rate. A bit uphill, but not bad. Room is no frills but clean and bathroom is quite nice. Great common sitting area...my favorite part of the hotel Breakfast is great and enjoyable. Service is great except for the front desk. When I arrived...people met me in the common area, checked me in, gave me some tea. Very nice. But for the several times I visited the front desk to ask questions about the town, etc, the employees were a bit surly. Two of the three people I dealt with did not make me feel welcome while the third person was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: It can get a little loud on the first floor so I suggest upstairs would be better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The other 5-star reviews are spot on. We were in and out of the hotel three times for excursions outside of Cuzco. Each time our recess luggage was held for free and waiting In our room upon return. We did not check out until after our final night. The staff arranged for laundry service picked up at the front desk and returned to our room the same day. Breakfasts were fine, served during a five-hour window. Staff was helpful in arranging taxis with reliable drivers.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baquiano
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Just returned from Peru where we stayed 4 nights at Rumi Punku. We loved it! First off it is SO clean, second off it is just a really cozy and charming place. It has an outdoor garden feel which was really neat. It was also on a cute street with some great little restaurants. We particularly loved the little pizza place just a few yards down across the street. Also the location was great, it was just about a 5 minute walk to the main square. We did a lot of walking during our stay and from what we could tell from passing other hotels, this was one of the most charming places!
The staff was also very nice and always willing to help.
Oh and my husband and I just loved the breakfast. Tons of delicious fresh fruit and awesome freshly squeezed juices. There were also a few hot items like quiche and bacon, plus Eggs made to order. Then basic sandwich making stuff like rolls, ham and cheese.
Oh I forgot to mention two of the most important things. The shower was better then the one we have at home, so powerful and super hot (immediately) water. The beds were also by far the most confortable of our stay!
I would most definitely recommend this place. We loved our entire trip to Peru but this was definitely our favorite place that we stayed.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank btmaxwell
Reviewed 3 December 2013

On time pickup at airport, easy check-in, in walking distance to central square, shopping, etc. Hotel's travel coordinator assisted us in planning our short stay and getting us good contacts/tours on our limited budget. Beds were the kind you never want to leave - and after a day a Machu Picchu the full pressure hot shower was ideal. Stayed 2 nights. Safe, secure, clean and reliable. We thought airport transfers were include, but found we had to pay taxi for returning to airport. At $80 a night including breakfast, we would do it again if we had a do-over.

Room Tip: First floor is you want to be close to exit and dining; upper levels may offer rooms with views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank beer4ever1
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights between November 16-22, 2013. The trip advisor reviews were very helpful in choosing the right hotel! The ambience is wonderful. Very cozy. The rooms are small, but have all the right appointments, and the staff is very helpful. We were picked up at the airport at 7:00 AM and allowed an early checkin at 8:00 AM. This gave us time to sleep a couple of hours before touring the city. It's a bit far from the Plaza De Armas, but far is relative. A 7 minute walk? That's about it, along some really cool streets, including the big stone wall pedestrian path. Breakfast is awesome, fresh and delicious fruits, breads and quiches.
We emailed and booked at a rate of $100 night, but found a rate online for $80 and they honored this rate, saving us quite a bit of money. Would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a small room on the main courtyard and found this to be a bit noisy early in the morning, so...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends