“Great hotel in Cusco” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel in Cusco”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

If back in Cusco, I will definitely stay here again.

Spacious and clean rooms in a charming hotel. Hotel staff are very helpful in assisting with tours, airport pick-up/drop off and any information needed. Staff are friendly and courteous and allow you to leave your belongings at the hotel if you are going to Machu Picchu overnight. Even though we already technically checked out of the hotel - they still allowed us to keep our bags at the hotel, so that we didn't have to lug them with us for overnight stay at Mach Picchu. Breakfast is great and served beginning at 5am (good for those heading to MP bright and early). Hotel is located few minutes walk from the city centre which is great because you can walk home after dinner/drinks. After spending couple of weeks in Peru, I would say this was my favourite hotel. Highly recommend it if staying in Cusco.

Room Tip: Just remember it gets cold in the evenings. The rooms are heated but you may still need a sweater to...
2 Thank rodoho

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about this place, especially after staying at a different place in Cusco in the same price range that was a disappointment. This place had decent wifi & an excellent breakfast. The rooms were nice, comfy & clean, a great shower. We were on the 3rd floor with a lot of stairs, which I didn't mind but if that's a problem for you I suppose you could request a room on the bottom floor?

Otopeni, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

My experience with the people there has been based only on words. I made a reservation and I had nothing to pay in advance. They kept my room even when I left for a couple of days and I returned. I only paid at the end, even though I had a gap between the dates. Great trustworthy people! The rooms are excellent, heated (not very common in Cusco) hot water, good and consistent breakfast. A great place to stay while exploring Cusco and surroundings. Very accessible place by taxi or by foot. Close to the city center, Plaza de Armas, and also have some laundry dry cleanings nearby and this is very useful. Also many restaurants close and shopping streets!
Great place with nice people!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Radu D
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Charming hotel. Great location...a bit away from the main plaza but just a few minutes walking which I liked. At $90 per night, a very reasonable rate. A bit uphill, but not bad. Room is no frills but clean and bathroom is quite nice. Great common sitting area...my favorite part of the hotel Breakfast is great and enjoyable. Service is great except for the front desk. When I arrived...people met me in the common area, checked me in, gave me some tea. Very nice. But for the several times I visited the front desk to ask questions about the town, etc, the employees were a bit surly. Two of the three people I dealt with did not make me feel welcome while the third person was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: It can get a little loud on the first floor so I suggest upstairs would be better.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

The other 5-star reviews are spot on. We were in and out of the hotel three times for excursions outside of Cuzco. Each time our recess luggage was held for free and waiting In our room upon return. We did not check out until after our final night. The staff arranged for laundry service picked up at the front desk and returned to our room the same day. Breakfasts were fine, served during a five-hour window. Staff was helpful in arranging taxis with reliable drivers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Baquiano
Northville, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Just returned from Peru where we stayed 4 nights at Rumi Punku. We loved it! First off it is SO clean, second off it is just a really cozy and charming place. It has an outdoor garden feel which was really neat. It was also on a cute street with some great little restaurants. We particularly loved the little pizza place just a few yards down across the street. Also the location was great, it was just about a 5 minute walk to the main square. We did a lot of walking during our stay and from what we could tell from passing other hotels, this was one of the most charming places!
The staff was also very nice and always willing to help.
Oh and my husband and I just loved the breakfast. Tons of delicious fresh fruit and awesome freshly squeezed juices. There were also a few hot items like quiche and bacon, plus Eggs made to order. Then basic sandwich making stuff like rolls, ham and cheese.
Oh I forgot to mention two of the most important things. The shower was better then the one we have at home, so powerful and super hot (immediately) water. The beds were also by far the most confortable of our stay!
I would most definitely recommend this place. We loved our entire trip to Peru but this was definitely our favorite place that we stayed.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank btmaxwell
Longwood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

On time pickup at airport, easy check-in, in walking distance to central square, shopping, etc. Hotel's travel coordinator assisted us in planning our short stay and getting us good contacts/tours on our limited budget. Beds were the kind you never want to leave - and after a day a Machu Picchu the full pressure hot shower was ideal. Stayed 2 nights. Safe, secure, clean and reliable. We thought airport transfers were include, but found we had to pay taxi for returning to airport. At $80 a night including breakfast, we would do it again if we had a do-over.

Room Tip: First floor is you want to be close to exit and dining; upper levels may offer rooms with views.
1 Thank beer4ever1