“Nice Place to Start Your Trip in the Sacred Valley”
Review of Hotel Rumi Punku

Hotel Rumi Punku
Ranked #18 of 164 Hotels in Cusco
Fresno, California
“Nice Place to Start Your Trip in the Sacred Valley”
Reviewed 6 August 2010

This was a very nice hotel. The staff went out of their way to meet our needs. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast was good. It's not inexpensive but worth splurging for when first acclimating to the altitude.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Korean first
UK
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Good location not too far from main square. Very safe, good reception staff. Hotel is very pretty, kept Spanish architechture with inside patios. Lots of rooms but charming and quiet. Clean room, chocolate on pillows on arrival!
breakfast very good, especially the fresh little breads. Fresh juices, eggs made on demand. Living room with magazines, books, comfy sofas, open fire, hot water for coca tea and TV. Computer room (4 of them) free of charge. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Great place at first glance. But very touristic and cold! Due to overbooking (very nice!!!), we had to go to los apus hotel closeby. Service and accomodation are much much much better in los apus than in rumi punku and for the same price. The last but not the least, smile is free and included in los apus.

• Stayed July 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2010

My son and I travelled to Cuzco to see this fabulous city and to also visit the historical sites around it--Macchu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman, etc. I found this hotel on a website(Fodors?), and I liked the price, the pictures and it seemed welcoming to me. Naturally, you don't know what to expect doing it this way. From the very beginning of our stay to th end, this was a fantastic hotel and I am highly recommending it. They picked us up at the airport, they made us feel welcome all the time, and they were so helpful in everything we asked. The hotel itself is beautiful--the gardens, foyer, breakfast room, etc. Breakfast was included and it was everything you could ask for. When we needed a taxi, they got one for us. When we needed a place to eat, they suggested very good places. When we needed to contact our travel agent, they helped us all the way through the call. What a wonderful place! I would definitely stay here if we were ever to return to Cuzco!

• Stayed July 2010
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2010

This hotel had really great rooms and is very prettily decorated. I don't think anyone can argue with its attention to detail: Plush small couches and sofas lined the hallways, adorned with cute Cusquena cushions. But that is ALL it has going for it.

I'm really big on service and after staying at another wonderful hotel in Cusco (rated #1 in Cusco), this hotel just didn't do it for me. The service was okay but I didn't find the staff to be too friendly. When my friend and I were leaving, we wanted to make a call to Lima to make sure that our hotel there knew to pick us up from the airport. The guy said, "Sure, give me the number." Then later, when we were paying, we saw that they charged us for the phone call. Shouldn't they inform us before charging us that fee? Shady! The breakfast was also less than satisfying.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I have stayed in Rumi Punku for 3+1 nights (Inca Trail between), with my two sons (16 and 12) together with another family of friends. The choice was made by the web and we were all very happy with it.
Rumi Punku is a quite nice hotel, not too far from the Plaza de Armas, with confortable ample rooms with modern bathrooms, good taste architecture (including the original inca portal and two attractive internal patios) and decoration, good breakfast, excellent service, and very reasonable prices.
The staff, without any exceptions, was very friendly and professional, speaking perfect English.
Definitely a good choice.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 24 July 2010

My family and I love this hotel! It is near the plaza, it is clean and the staff is very friendly. We slept so well with their warm eitherdown covers. Clean and with all you could need. The breakfast which is included is really good and variated. We also appreciated the nice fireplace in the cafe in the morning and at night. The best hotel ever! We will miss it.Thank you.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family