“Lovely place!”
Review of Royal Inka II

Royal Inka II
Ranked #57 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I've been staying with my parents for 2 days in this hotel in August 2011. I took a working trip to Lima to meet the ruins of Machu Picchu in the celebration of 100 years. The Hotel is very good, friendly reception with coca tea to help us get used with the air of the region. The decoration is very beautiful Inca style with a mosaic about colonization of place in the breakfast room, which by the way, was very nice. The room was large and clean, although the building is old. I booked triple room and there were two double beds and a single bed in our room. I asked to be awake at 5 am to catch the shuttle to the train that leads to Aguas Calientes and everything worked, as well as in our checkout, which was also early in the morning. The location is very good, right next to Plaza de las Armas,and restaurants. We were very lucky because the night we arrived was happening a popular parade with music and costumes. The next day we went to Machu Picchu by train. The train is very comfortable with board service, it is a very romantic ride with an incredible view of the mountains. Certainly, we need to go back and get more days!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

In all respects this hotel is a maze with 2 large communal sitting areas, which create a family and sociable atmosphere.
Also the inviting and considerate nature is seen as free boiling water with tea bags and coco leaves are provided.
The rooms are very clean with high ceilings.

The 2 negatives which may be observed are that you cannot flush your toilet paper down the toilet, instead you have to place it in a bin. Also breakfast is not nice at all resulted in me going McDonalds everyday.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 25 October 2012

As the former director of a medical NGO, I organized several volunteer groups to Peru. Inevitably, if the event was not in Cusco, every team wanted to visit Cusco and the ruins at M.P. Since 2006, I have scheduled at least ten teams to stay at the Royal Inka II and I have stayed on five occasions. It has never failed, from the reservation process, to the service upon arrival, the rooms, accommodations for special requests (early morning departures to catch the train to M.P.). The price is reasonable and the location is excellent. I will return again in March 2013.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quieter room, ask to be located in the back area, not street side. Although...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2012

It's a lovely, traditional style Hotel. In my opinion,solo travelers/friends and couples will enjoy more this place than family with kids. Location:Is perfect(at the middle of the city). Price: Reasonable.Staff: Friendly,helpful and talkative. Rooms:Big,clean,confortable,hot water. Breakfast: Very nice breakfast Buffet...delicious!. My husband and I spent 3 nights there, and We would stay there again. I recommend it, enjoy Cusco!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed in both Royal inca one and two. Would have to say royal inca 2 is nicer, though the service is fantastic in both. The food was also very good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Everyone at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and plentiful and featured omelettes made to order. The rooms were clean and there was abundant hot water with great pressure. The hotel is located close to the main square and there are several good restaurants within a couple block walk.

I was part of a group (VOSH) doing an eye care mission at the regional hospital. One of the best parts of our stay at the Royal Inka II was getting to know Christian. He works the front desk in the evenings. After working nights, he went to the hospital with us and volunteered his time helping to translate and keep order at the clinic.

I would recommend the Royal Inka II without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights (2 nights then travelled around and returned for another 2 nights). The second time was like coming home! The staff were welcoming and happy and helpful. The place is a little tired around the edges but we had two excellent rooms with 4 queensize beds. Lots of sleeping options! Rooms were serviced beautifully every day and everything was clean. We left a bottle of wine in storage when we went travelling and the staff made sure it was kept cold for our return! The place has atmosphere, is in a great location two short blocks from the main square and breakfast is excellent. Ask for poached eggs if you don't like omelettes - they were great. We didn't eat in the restaurant at night so can't comment on that but they did have the pizza oven going one cold night when we returned and it looked fabulous.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family