“Lovely boutique hotel”

Ranked #17 of 168 Hotels in Cusco
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely boutique hotel”
Reviewed 23 September 2010

We stayed in Los Apus for a number of nights in Cuzco and the staff were very helpful. We were collected at the airport by the hotel and that all ran very smoothly. On arrival we were greeted with Cocoa tea to aid our altitude sickness. The hotel is quite unique and it's very quaint. The breakfast was perfect for us and they provided plenty of fruit as well which was great. It's within walking distance to the main square, markets and nightlife so you can't really go wrong. They also kindly stored our bags for us on our trip to Machu Picchu and had them waiting in our room on our return. We had a lovely stay here and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Stayed in this hotel in May 2010 with my brother and father for 4 nights, before going to do the Inca Trail. We didn't know much about it beforehand, but we were lucky to have stayed in such a nice place. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms comfortable and clean. Had dinner in the hotel one night aswell, they served up superb food, well worth trying. The hotel was very near the centee plaza, and also quite close to the walk up to the statue on the hill overlooking Cuzco, great location. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Cuzco.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
AntoineLima, Owner at Los Apus Hotel & Mirador, responded to this review, 20 August 2010
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review, I really do appreciate it, very useful to improve our services.
I would have liked to know what did you miss at the hotel and/or your suggestions for a better experience.
Best of luck.
Brussels
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Clean, comfortable hotel in a quiet part of town. Visit was during off season, so service level was not so great, a pity. Overall a most decent quality deal;

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Sigtuna, Sweden
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Must be one of the better hotels of medium standard. It is well known and recommended by local taxi drivers.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Fl
Reviewed 5 March 2010

We enjoyed out stay at Los Apus. The hotel was very close to the Plaza. The breakfast was a great start to our mornings, with custom omlets and eggs, along with a lot of fresh fruit juice and breads. Our room was comfortable. I would recommend this hotel and would be a repeat customer if we ever find our way back to Cusco.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Clarksville, IN
Reviewed 4 March 2010

My son Ryan Patrick and my friend Bill (Kirby) Holladay, Jr. arrived early on the morning (instead of afternoon as scheduled) of February 10th after an overnight flight from Miami, FL, having missed our earlier flight of February 9th. I had one room previously reserved through Agoda, and was advised that it was too late to reserve another room, and to wait until we arrived at the hotel to try to secure another room. We were welcomed and served tea while Erickson gathered our luggage from the airport taxi paid for by the hotel, and took it to our rooms. Friendly and accommodating would be an understatement of the staff, who provided us directions, information and tours during our three day stay. We were treated like family and became good friends with the staff. Upon checking out, I left my book and travel itinerary papers on the hotel desk, only to realize this upon arrival at the airport. The Staff, realizing what I had done, sent another taxi to the airport to locate us and deliver the book and papers, after having already loaded all our luggage and sent us to the airport with Manual, our prepaid taxi driver. Yes, "extraordinary" is probably an understatement for the helpfulness, friendliness and treatment like family that the wonderful staff of Los Opus Hotel y Mirador were kind enough to provide, from early check-in to our rooms to our unusual check-out. Would I recommend this hotel?! You bet. If you want reasonably priced clean rooms, a great breakfast every morning and friendly family assistance, this is the place for you.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 22 January 2010

It was my first time visiting Los Apus hote and I really liked the customer service. The atmosphere was very friendly, relaxing and welcoming. I also liked very much the location of this hotel and its neighborhood (within 5 min walk from Plaza de Armas). I liked the interior design of the hotel - lots of plants, sun, the outdoor patio on the top floor where I ate my morning breakfast. My room was very clean and I had plenty of hot water. I would like to compliment personally Angela, Rudy and Freddie for their extraordinary service during my 5 day stay. They truly know what the customer service is about. Thanks guys for making my stay pleasant. Muchas gracias por su buen servicio.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends