“Great trip with United Mice”

United Mice - Day Tour
Ranked #76 of 856 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: United Mice is a Day Tour operator founded in 1987 involved in Eco-Adventure Tourism in the south-eastern part of Peru..
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great trip with United Mice”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband, adult daughter and I recently hiked the Inca trail with United Mice. We had a wonderful experience. Our guide, Edwin, was very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and attentive to our needs. The hike is difficult, but with some good preparation (and help from porters) we truly enjoyed the experience. United Mice honored our reservation and provided an amazing trip even though they did not have other hikers on our particular dates. They also provided wonderful meals and were fully able to accommodate our daughter's need for a gluten free diet. If you are thinking of making this hike, you cannot do better than going with United Mice!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Pamela W

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Machu Picchu Experience”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I 100% recommend using United Mice when you do the Inca Trail trek. It is one of the few locally owned treking groups still around and this made it one of the best travelling experience I have had. I traveled with my boyfriend and 2 friends and our group was joined by another 2 people of similar age. The food was amazing (ask for Antonia) and our chaskys were friendly and dedicated to their jobs! In addition, our guide Edwin really made the trip for us. He knew so much about the Inca people and the trail itself from personal experience. You could tell he is very passionate and knowledgeable about what he does. Our experience would not have been the same without him. In addition, the trip was very affordable. Some groups paid 3x what we paid for half of the experience I felt I got. Before the trip they even gave us an orientation to make sure everyone was comfortable and the guides and chaskys made sure we were doing well throughout the trip. Definitely do choose United Mice if you plan to go!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Rachel S
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Ask for Fabricio!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My husband & I did the 4d/3n Inka Trail trek last June. I'm not sure if we lucked out or if they made a special accommodation for us as a couple, but we were the only two Trekkers in our group.

Our guide, Fabricio, was incredible. He was professional and passionate about his work. The porters were very friendly and made our trek so enjoyable. All showed Peruvian pride and were dedicated to helping us have a great experience.

One mistake we made was not bringing enough cash to adequately tip everyone. These people work SO hard and I wish we'd had more to show our appreciation.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Melissa J
Lac-Superieur, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good memories United Mice”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have worked at United Mice 14 years ago and can only remember good things about the company. Back then, we were one of the best agency and I am sure they still are. People often don't realize how organization can be tricky in Peru..Forget about the guide being late for the meeting but focus on the essential. The staff, the equipment, the food...I remember going at the market with Salustio to buy the best quality food for the clients. The cooks make miracles on top of the mountains in the middle of nowhere they are amazing! Now in days there are many other agencies offering good services in Cusco I am sure of that but a company that has been running for almost 25 years has its merit. I highly recommend United Mice if you are looking for the best experience. Maite

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Maite M
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a great experience truly amazing and very memorable. A large part of that was made possible thanks to the experience we had with United Mice. Specifically Daniel our guide and the porters and chef we had the whole team was incredible. We had delicious meals every night that were more than filling and our camp sites were always ready to go. We also appreciated the fact that Daniel got us out ahead of the crowd everyday and the selection of camp sights each day were also excellent. I really have no complaints form the experience and will be recommending you guys o friends. I really appreciate the time you guys take in planning and ensuring things go smooth. Also the knowledge and attention that Daniel paid to the group was invaluable he is truly an amazing guide. I highly recommend United Mice for doing the Inca Trail. Thank you.

Visited May 2014