Free cancellation until 22/07
US$233
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$260/night.

US$440
US$732
US$663
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprivacy curtainsbottom bunkprivate roombunk bedscool bartour deskfemale dormtravel deskeggspower outletssouth americafree teabig lockerscleaned every daymeet other travellerstour agencybathrooms were clean
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went just for drinks and had a good time. They only had large Pilsens, which wasn't the best, but the prices were okay. Each beer they let you shoot at a basket with the cap for a free shot. Great game and pretty easy to hit. The bartender did try little games where if you lose you tip and if you win you get a shot. Some people may find this fun but we found it a little annoying.

Overall a good hostel bar without having to walk up the hill to Wild Rover. Also it had less of a party vibe than other hostels if that's what you're looking for.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dride52
Jair C, Gerente at Kokopelli Hostel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Thank you for leaving a review.
Our bar is offering beers and local drinks that you can find in our Pisco bar. We want to offer the perfect balance between party and enjoying a drink after a day trip.
For the annoying moment at the bar, thanks for letting us know, this won't happen again.

Hoping to see you soon in our Pisco bar!

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great Hostel that feels like a good hotel. very good staff. very clean. nice breakfast. We had slept in the private room. Benefits: big room, nice bed. disadvanrages: the shower wasnt so good, no TV in the room.
overall its a very good hostel with very good resturant.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review.
Kokopelli is trying to offering the best for everybody, from the 12 places dorm until the private double room. With the same quality of services, as the breakfast buffet or our Pisco bar.

Hoping to see you soon,

Regards from Cusco,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had a reservation at Kokopelli Cusco. I messaged them via WhatsApp to inquire about the safest way to arrive. I was offered to have someone pick me up from the train station in Poroy, however no one ever arrived.

I called to ask the whereabouts of my driver and was told he/she would arrive in 15 minutes. After half an hour I called the hostel again and no one picked up. I waited a total of an hour at the train station before finally deciding to take a taxi service through the train station and making a reservation elsewhere.

The hostel is highly rated and one of the higher prized hostel in Cusco. I was not expecting such terrible service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Jair C, Gerente at Kokopelli Hostel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest, thanks for sharing your impressions with us, We are so sorry about the inconvenience, the taxi service is provided from an external company, we booked to pick you up from the train station but unfortunately the company had issues to arrive on time.
We are taking the corrective actions and we will change the taxi company as soon as posible.
We regret that the prestige of the hotel is affected by this incident.

Warm regards,
The Kokopelli Family.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This hostel is great for the price and the location. If you are looking for a hostel that is not a party hostel by has great amenities, this is the one for you. Friendly staff, friendly travelers. Bedding is great. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Thanks for sharing your experience.
After a day trip to Machu Picchu or the Rainbow mountain, we like to offer the perfect balance that will made you enjoy a beer or the famous Pisco sour.
Hoping to see you soon,

Regards from Cusco,

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I have mixed feelings about this place. Would liked to have given them 3.5 stars but you can only give a 3 or 4.

Firstly the good stuff.
I had a private room with bathroom which was quite large! Lots of space.
Nice towels and soaps provided. Same day laundry service was great.

Bar staff were excellent. Very friendly and usually remembered my name! Food was pretty good and happy hour 2 for 1 was available in the evening. Bar area had a great atmosphere and it was nice to chill out on the lounges. Fun theme nights after 10pm. I ended up chat to lots of people at this hostel in the bar area which was nice.

Shower and hot water worked fine. Wifi worked great in all areas. Bed was comfortable. 2 small bottles of water were provided free. My room also had a hat stand which was excellent for hanging stuff on.

The Ok stuff - Breakfast was ok. Nothing fancy. My eggs were cold.

The Bad stuff - The only mirror in the room which was over the sink was next to the bathroom and had horrible lighting. Basically it was so dark that I couldn't see myself. Putting on makeup was a nightmare. The lighting in the bathroom itself was fine. Why there is not a mirror in there is beyond me. But the situation could be solved by just putting a brighter globe on the one above the sink / mirror.

But my biggest gripe was despite the room being at the back of the property, the noise at night was excessive. I believe this was coming from the kitchen. The noise went on for all hours. Not good when you have to be up early for tours etc. Staff should be aware of this!

Additionally someone thought it would be great idea to do some lawn mowing / gardening/ whipper sniggering / weed whacking just before 8am one day. This was right outside my room. So ridicoulous when you when you are trying to sleep in for once!

now with all of that said, I would definitely stay here again. I liked the vibe and the atmosphere at lot.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo