“Highly Recommended”

5-Day Choquequirao Inca Ruins Trek
Ranked #5 of 16 Nature & Parks in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tierras Vivas is an experienced, professional and dynamic adventure travel tour operator founded in 2006. We prepare adventure holidays in Peru that include a wide range of various activities that suit each person's requirements and wishes! We also possess an official authorization to operate the Inca Trail and other Inca Trail alternatives to Machu Picchu such as the Salkantay Trek, the Lares Valley Trek, the Inca Jungle Trek, Choquequirao trek to Machu Picchu. We provide quality camping equipment, so you don't have to worry about that. We offer small group packages and private excursions.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Just finished the 5 day Salkantay trip. Our guia "Alex" was awesome. As an organization they were professional and as a tour group fun and entertaining. The trek itself was gorgeous and the variety day to day was excellent. Coming from the NW of USA it was different to have porters carry our gear but they were great and the cook did an excellent job cooking meals, accommodating our dietary restrictions and keeping the meals varied and delicious. Without a doubt I would do it again!

1  Thank Johnny H

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I took a tour with Tierras Vivas, which I discovered online. The recommendationss were good, when I contacted them was replied to swiftly. I took the Lares trek to Machu Picchu with a group of friends with a guide who spoke english. The trip fulfilled my expectations and everything went amazingly well!!! The price was reasonable as well..Absolutely recommended!!!

1  Thank dee19812014
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Guide is great, equipment low end, difficult to work with any type of refund necessary, awkward trip.

6  Thank katseyeprod
Reviewed 5 January 2014

When I began planning our Inca Trail (4day) trek I found a wide range of companies I could book with. Cost and reviews varied greatly. Eventually I settled upon Tierras Vivas (although they didn't have a wide range of reviews) and other than a few small issues, had a beyond amazing time.

Leading up I exchanged countless emails with Simona and she helped customized the trip exactly as I wanted.

The journey itself was beyond awesome. For the cost we had 5 porters, a cook and our amazing guide Victor taking care of just our private group of 3 for the 4 days on the trail. Victor concluded our journey with a detailed 2-hour tour of Machu Picchu.

The equipment and food were top notch. Such creative menus. We even received a fresh cake on the final evening.

That being said, we did have some payment issues (mostly my fault) and communication at times seemed challenging, but it all worked out PERFECT. We had changed our return train from the standard offering and our ride from the station to town was not waiting for us when we arrived
(miss communication on their end) so we just took a taxi on our own dime. I expected to mention it to them when we got home, however the next morning in the lobby of our hotel was the extremely apologetic boss who paid us the price of our taxi and some for our trouble.

As I've said, the trek itself couldn't have gone better and outside of a few communication issues, this is a top notch tour group.

1  Thank rivlinm
Reviewed 7 October 2013

As the other reviewer said for whatever reason I really wasn't sure if everything would go smoothly and was unsure if I would have issues once I arrived as I didn't know much about the company; however, the company was great and everything went smoothly. The price was great and I was surprised at how nice all the hotels were and they were in great locations, all in safe places within 1-2 blocks of main plazas. Even the 1 night i knew was in a hostel ended up being much more like a nice hotel than a hostel as it was a private room with own bathroom. I speak English and very little Spanish, was traveling solo, and first time outside of the U.S. The company had all transfers and tours set up, I never had any problems, and I was always able to contact them by phone/email. Upon arrival in Cusco Edwin met me at the airport and also gave me a cellphone for contact through the end of my stay. I booked the discover Peru tour with some customization. It was 2 weeks and I added an extra day in Lima, flew to Cusco, sacred valley tour, salkantay hike to machu picchu, transfer to Puno, and Lake Titticaca with homestay. If I visit Peru again I will be using this company.