“Great Company”

Pachamama Explorers - Private Day Tours
Ranked #123 of 914 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Pachamama Explorers is a professional tour operator located in Cusco, Peru. We are an official Inca Trail operator as well as offering a variety of other tours and treks around Peru. We are specialists in creating customised itineraries throughout Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador.
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I decided to book tours through this company. From the moment we landed in Lima they handled everything in a most professional manner.
All vehicles used were in good condition and the various drivers were excellent throughout. They arranged all our tours and I have absolutely no complaints. Hernan was in the office and was helpful throughout. Try them, you will not be sorry.

1  Thank brian_uk12000

Reviewed 25 April 2014

it wasn't easy to me to use a travel agency since I always plan and book my trips myself but I was told that MP trip would be better if booked through the local agency, and it was. We got a perfect service, good hotels and trains. It wasn't too expensive considering the quality and if I'd go on my own I would probably miss MP sunrise. Hernan was very nice and patient with me persuading me to stay overnight in AC and he was right. Our guide in MP was very good and the transportation to Cusco was waiting for us when we arrived to Ollanta. My only complain - Hernan booked us a dinner at El MaPi at AC and forgot to mention it to me. it was kind of awkward since i made a reservation for dinner elsewhere and had to cancel it.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I just got back from 8 days in Peru, the first three of which we spent in the Sacred Valley. We made Urubamba our home base, and spent two days with Joel, from Pachamama Explorers.
I should explain that my wife and I have literally travelled the world, from Thailand, to Oman, to Africa, all throughout Europe, etc. We typically contract local private tours so we can see what we want, when we want, without the limitations of group tours.
I have never had a better, more knowledgable, interested (and interesting) guide than Joel from Pachamama. He is Quechuan and so proud and informed about his heritage that he just makes everything so interesting. He took us one day to Maras, Moray, Salineras and Chinchero. His explanations and factual knowledge is second to none. The next day we went to Machu Picchu on our own from Urubamba, and contracted a private guide at the site. Our last day in Urubamba, Joel picked us up at the hotel and took us to Ollantaytambo, Pisac and all the way to Cusco with pit-stops in between whenever something interesting happened to appear.
Another great thing about Joel is that you never feeled rushed. The altitude can be rough when you are climbing ruins, and while he pushed us to get the best views and see as much as possible, we never felt pressured or in a hurry.
All in all, I can recommend Joel, from Pachamama Explorers with my eyes closed. Spectacular service!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Two couples, seasoned travellers and walker, with previous experience of guided tours were more than pleasantly surprised by our global exposure to Pachamama.
Debbie and her team were helpful and efficient, and everything ran smoothly - not always a thing to expect , and much appreciated. The company philosophy does it great credit.
The introductory walk before heading of to M.P. is highly recommended, a good way to settle in and improve on altitude acclimatisation, the main component walk to the Quechua built Macchu Picchu was a series of varied mind [ and body] blowing experiences.
Our guide, Joel, features in some other reports on this site, and deservedly so. His English is excellent, his local knowledge, humour, and skills at managing a bunch of ageing walkers were impeccable , we felt very privileged to have spent time in his country, and to be so well informed about local and regional history, culture, and the wonders of the mountains.
A big thank you , Joel, for showing us your Apu.
We will come again.
We would have no hesitation in recommending Pachamama.
Suggestions or recommendations would be to spend more time than you might initially have allowed in Cusco. Acclimatisation to the altitude does help, but this is a town with a lot to offer, four days would be a bare minimum to do it some justice.

H & G.

1  Thank windywombat
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We booked a four day Inca trail hike and let me tell you, it was AWESOME! Joel, our tour guide, is funny, informative and proud of his Quechuan heritage. Not only did we enjoy the breathtaking sights, we learned so many facts about the Inca and the Quechua people who built the trail and buildings. My sister twisted her ankle on the second day and luckily Joel was trained in first-aid, so he wrapped her foot up in no time and Richar the cook loaned his own walking stick. The food was the best I've had throughout our whole trip in Peru. Richar even whipped up a legit cake when we told him, at the last minute, that it was my sister's birthday! I forget our three porters names, but they were friendly, hardworking people that always had an encouraging word to say as they passed us on the trail. I recommend Pachamama Explorers and I highly recommend the traveler to choose anything four days and up. It was unforgettable.

1  Thank Jane C