“Can't say enough - Amazing experience in Peru with Rudy & Inkatraces”

Inkatraces Day Tours
Ranked #210 of 949 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Day tours to Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, City tours, Maras Moray, Inka trail and any sightseeing in Peru.
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I toured Peru with Inkatraces, led by Rudy and his team, and had the most amazing experience. We were in good hands from the onset of planning, to post-trip when we received a special album of pictures compiled by the guides throughout our stay. For the amount of activities and sights we were able to see, I was surprised at how carefree we were able to be, because every transfer, dining reservation, museum entry, activity, was already taken care of.

I can't say enough about Rudy, and how much he enhanced our experience. He is not only knowledgable about the country, it's heritage and landscape, but he is passionate about what he does and makes you truly appreciate the culture you are immersing yourself in.

Peru/Machu Picchu was a trip of a lifetime. I'd recommend it to anyone; families, young adults, history buffs, thrill seekers.. And if you're going to do it, I'd trust the expertise of Inkatraces to guide you to enjoy it in the most ideal way for you and your group.

1  Thank Kimberly T
Rudy B, Director General at Inkatraces Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Kim
When we started INKATRACES the idea was to show our guest more than just Machu Picchu, that is why the company motto is THE INKALAND BEYOND MACHU PICCHU, because we are truly believers that more the amazing ruins our Culture has even more to offer and when I read you I am really happy to see that we are achiving that goal. It was a wonderful week to enjoy with you. Finally I have to say like I already did to Angela and Jeff that I am looking for a way to express how thankful are because of your company and I just have to say MUCHAS GRACIAS AMIGOS !!

Abrazos

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Did you ever experience a professor or high school teacher from your past that truly inspired you? The kind of professor that engaged the classroom through their charismatic personality, their passion and personalized teaching of the subject matter. That somehow the subject matter became relevant to your life in the here and now as well as igniting a desire to set forth and write your own history....

Well, hopefully you have because then you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about when I tell you that Rudy creates that similar relationship as an excellent tour guide.

Spending 5 days with Rudy gave me the nostalgia of having a favorite teacher leading a field-trip expedition through Peru for 5 days. He is the kind of person that graciously wants one to experience, engage and come to appreciate his wonderful country that is anchored to SO much history as well as astounding layers of development ingenuity.

I don’t think Machu Picchu would have been quite the insurmountable experience it was if our group of 5 did not have the most patient, knowledgeable and attentive tour guide, which we found in Rudy.

I will start from the beginning... I organized this trip a couple months before our December 2nd departure. InkaTraces was recommended to me by a friend that met Rudy through Disney Travel Adventures who he had been the guide for. It was through her high recommendation that I requested to have Rudy as our tour guide.

From the early email correspondence stage, Rudy was warmly receptive and patient with my vast amount of questions. He also helped me organize everyone’s travel from different destination points where we would be flying in from. We had Los Angeles, New York and Orlando and made up a small group of 5 but I must have asked him enough questions as if I was organizing a fleet of hundreds for this trip. Rudy always answered each question thoroughly and although the email response may have taken over 24 hrs, I assume it was because of tours he may currently be hosting and the time difference.

It is because of his thoroughness, thoughtfulness and our well planned travel itinerary he emailed to us before we departed for Peru, that when he first greeted me in-person in Cusco, I shook his hand and already thanked him.

The next 5 days rolled out smoothly to feel like a courteous friend opening up their home to us with the intention for you to experience their country.

Rudy’s vast knowledge is impressive and does not overwhelm you.
From car rides to quick little detours along a hike or even during a meal, Rudy sprinkles the tour with interesting stories or information about his country, the history, the Inka culture or even flora and fauna. Like a good professor, instead of giving all the information at once in a long winded torrent, Rudy allows time for comprehension and then awaits, almost knowingly, for our questions regarding what was just shared.

A guide that engages his group and is extremely sensible. His knowledge is appreciated and greatly amplified by the endearing love he has for his country and its people.

The last, but surely not least quality I’d like to note about Rudy, is his attentiveness.

If i were to leave this review with only what I described above about Rudy, you may be left with the impression that Rudy has an essence of some wise old sage similar to what James Earl Jones’ voice brought to the character of the father, in Disney’s Lion King.
Ha, not quite but Rudy is definitely wise.

AHH, I’m happy to review here that Rudy has an amazing sense of humor.

I’d like to think that because of the amazingly captivating, gregarious and wildly good-lookin’ group that we are, Rudy felt he could unlock a couple extra funny jokes at each meal which was really nice, since the rest of my group could not recall, even one.
(mental note: remember a good joke in case of good company, outside the country)

On top of his humor, Rudy is very hospitable, friendly and creates a personalized experience for each individual as well as for the group as a unit. This is remembered best by his attentiveness in pointing out photo-ops and showing off his photographer’s eye for composition because they all turned out to be really great photos upon review.

He participates when we needed assistance and almost intuitively would hang-back to allow for more personal experiences. A great host knows how to do that, that kind of intuition is truly appreciated.

On the afternoon we were to go our separate ways from Rudy and return back to Cusco, we gave hugs to a guide that was much more like a new, great friend.

The experience that Machu Picchu leaves you with is a vast feeling of history, human ingenuity and wonder. Still, it is the people I encountered, from the craft tradeswomen, the retailers, the amazing chefs, the children walking along the streets and especially our excellent tour guide Rudy...that leave a lingering sense of connection to this amazing trip.

For the magnitude of wonder that Machu Picchu allows one to experience and to photograph...if somehow there could forever be a written caption to it, it would read:
“Book Rudy as your guide. You’ll thank me later.”

So, in advance...
You.Are.Welcome

Angela A.

2  Thank ImWiththeDeeJay

Angela
We are really please that you have enjoyed our services and definitely it is much easier to make our job when we have people like all of you that has read and did a little reasearch prior to come here, I have no words to express you how much thankful we are for your words and the only thing I have to say now is MUCHAS GRACIAS !!!

I am hoping to see soon !!!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The service provided by Rudy from InkaTraces was exceptional. We started interacting with him 4 mos prior to the trip and his attention to detail and response time was on point. From the moment we landed in Lima and for the next 10 days our trip was flawless. Rudy and his team guided us every step of the way setting an itinerary that immersed us in the Peruvian culture. His knowledge was astounding and we learned more about people and the country than we could have ever imagined. On top of it all, he is a fantastic photographer and provided us with unique memories when we left. If you are going to Peru, you must reach out to InkaTraces as your guide.

2  Thank akaJFo

Jeff
I am really glad that I have got the pleasure to meet you and enjoy your wonderful company, and I was able to make new friends which enjoy so much our culture and people, I do not have words to express how thankful we are for your comments.

Hope to see again..

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Having Rudy as our tour guide over the past week was truly an unforgetable experience. His professionalism and worldly knowledge was unmatched. Rudy knew the answer to every question we could possibly throw at him. He will willing to share his honest opinions all whilst showing true pride in his beautiful country that is Peru. He even went out of his way to show us some local spots so that we could get a real sense of the Peruvian culture. I would highly recommend Rudy to anyone looking to explore the Cusco and Machu Picchu areas. What a fantastic trip!!!

Rudy B, Gerente at Inkatraces Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

SInce I began to guide some people almost 15 years ago I have been enjoying everyone of my groups, but the last one was one of the best !! it felt like I was taking some friends around and at the end of the tour we just kept on talking with them.
Thank for for coming and we will be here for your you and your friends...
Un gran abrazo !!!

Rudy

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Touring with Rudy from Inkatraces was by far the best tour that we have ever taken! We had quite possibly the coolest day ever.

Rudy came recommended through a friend of a friend and I am not going to lie - I am very leery of tour operators and my initial instinct was to tackle Machu Picchu and Peru on our own. Thank goodness we didn't - that would have been a terrible mistake! Rudy took us to the best sites and the best restaurants - and he did it all with a smile, a warmth and a sense of service that I have never experienced from a tour operator. He treated us like old friends from the second that we met him and he graciously showed his country - a place that he clearly loves and knows a lot about - with a gracious smile. It made for a tremendous experience that we will not soon forget!

We loaded into a van (note - our tour consisted of four of us - my wife and my parents - the service was very personal and this was not a big tourbus full of annoying people) bright and early and went to an amazing ruin called Ollantaytambo. On our way to the ruin, we stopped at a traditional Peruvian marketplace where folks were selling meat, cheese, veggies, livestock and homemade goods on the side of the road. it was a great experience and Rudy provided fantastic commentary along the way - explaining the social structure, the way the goods are made, where things come from, the social statures of the different vendors, etc. It was incredibly insightful. Then, before climbing up Ollantaytambo, Rudy took us through a small village that has been lived in since Inca times and actually took us into the home of a family where we met a wonderful family and were able to see how they live, how they raise the cuy (guinea pigs) that they eat and were able to experience the local religion. The amazing part is that Rudy explains everything and makes you and the folks that you are visiting feel like old friends. He is so gracious and friendly and warm that you feel like you really belong. This is a very admirable trait in a tour guide!

After experiencing the village, we hiked to the top of Ollantaytambo where Rudy explained a ton about the culture of the Incas, the importance of the valley to the Incas, the construction methods and the way that the Incas used the cool air to keep their food in huge storage facilities. It was fascinating.

We left Ollantaytambo and took the a beautiful train to Aguas Calientes. Then, Rudy took us up Machu Picchu. It was truly an amazing experience - getting to experience the ruins with someone who knows, cares about and believes in the tradition and culture of the Incas made the experience so profound, so meaningful, so beautiful and so emotional that it is truly without comparison. It was an amazing thing to experience.

It was standing on Machu Picchu, watching pockets of tourists wandering aimlessly and cluelessly through the ruin and then seeing other folks with cheesy guides who kept telling them how much gold the Incas had (sure the Spanish cared about that, but it is so much more fulfilling to learn about the people and their culture before the Spanish arrived) that we realized what a jewel Rudy was. He is a guide who is truly connected to sharing and spreading the Inca culture. Machu Picchu would NOT have been the same without Rudy. It would have been cool, don't get me wrong, but it would NOT have been memorable in the same sort of manner.

That night, Rudy checked us into the amazing Inkaterra hotel and our amazing day of touring was over.

All in all, it was a fantastic journey through one of the most amazing countries on the planet. I wish we could have seen every ruin, every village, every lake. Looking back on it a few weeks after, I am so incredibly thankful that we had someone as caring and insightful as Rudy as our guide on the trip.

We cannot recommend Inkatraces enough!

1  Thank losangelesjeremy
Rudy B, Manager at Inkatraces Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear Jeremy
As I am reading your e-mail I am feeling even prouder from my Culture and heritage we have in Peru and Cusco specially, I have also read your comment to our team and your words gave them an extra push to keep on providing quality services.
I think I will always remember you for these very considered comments and the water bottles from the AVENGERS, which my sons love a lot and even when one of them is not anymore on good conditions they still use to play with them.
Muchas gracias Jeremy!!