“Amazing experience with Inkatraces!”

Inkatraces Day Tours
Ranked #151 of 835 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Day tours to Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, City tours, Maras Moray, Inka trail and any sightseeing in Peru.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Amazing experience with Inkatraces!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

As a first time visitor to Peru with limited time and traveling alone, I sought several options and very quickly decided on Inkatraces due to their friendly and fast attention to all questions and willingness to customize to fit my schedule. I did a 3D/2N Sacred Valley/Macchu Picchu/Cusco tour. The tour Rudy and the team arranged was perfect - beginning from airport pick up and welcome meeting, to everything that followed. I had a mix of small group excursions (e.g., of sites in the Sacred Valley) and private guide excursions (e.g., a personal guide for Macchu Picchu). Transport was well facilitated and on schedule, and included private car, train, and tour bus. Both hotels I stayed in (in AC and Cusco) were clean and in great locations for exploring surrounding areas and attractions on foot. If all tours are like this, I'd be taking tours everywhere I go! Thank you Inkatraces for a memorable experience!

Visited December 2013
Rudy B, INKATRACES TEAM at Inkatraces Day Tours, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Sandra
Thanks so much for such commetns which we truly appreciate and leave us the commitment to keep on giving a fast and good service which is always posible when we have have easy working Guest as you...HAVE A WONDERFUL 2014 !!

Regards from the Capital of the Inkas.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Inkatraces is the ONLY way to experience Peru!!!”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

From beginning to end Inkatraces has been the best travel agency/tour guide/educators I have ever encountered traveling abroad! Rudy worked diligently with us to provide an impeccable bespoke experience. With so many options on hotels, historical tours and outdoor adventures, Inkatraces worked with us to design the perfect trip.

Upon arrival in Peru, we were amazed by the amount of knowledge and charismatic personalities we encountered from each of our three tour guides. Each guide was truly educated on all aspects of their cities and culture. Literally every question we asked was answered with a wealth of knowledge and explanation. Thus, providing a feeling of actual connection to the Peruvian history and culture, not just a typical history lecture you recieve with most guides.

We also chose to add a little excitement to our trip and opt for white water rafting down the Sacred River in Urubamba. Rudy, our tour guide, was right there with us the entire way down sharing in the excitement and taking the opportunity to enlighten us about the lay of the land from this very unique vantage point.

I cannot recommend Inkatraces enough! Please if you are planning a trip to Peru do not miss out on this amazing company!

2 Thank PatrickBrennan
Patrick
Thanks you so much for such incredible e-mail, let me tell you that you are not the only ones making woderful memories when you make our tours, when I pass by certain places and activities I say: Heyy there is where this happen...Here is where this happen...there is (on top of Intihuatana, the inkasundial) where my friend Patrick was confused by some local students with one of the actors from Glee !! )
i wish you all the best for this 2014 !!!

Greetings and Hugs from the Inkaland..
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't say enough - Amazing experience in Peru with Rudy & Inkatraces”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I toured Peru with Inkatraces, led by Rudy and his team, and had the most amazing experience. We were in good hands from the onset of planning, to post-trip when we received a special album of pictures compiled by the guides throughout our stay. For the amount of activities and sights we were able to see, I was surprised at how carefree we were able to be, because every transfer, dining reservation, museum entry, activity, was already taken care of.

I can't say enough about Rudy, and how much he enhanced our experience. He is not only knowledgable about the country, it's heritage and landscape, but he is passionate about what he does and makes you truly appreciate the culture you are immersing yourself in.

Peru/Machu Picchu was a trip of a lifetime. I'd recommend it to anyone; families, young adults, history buffs, thrill seekers.. And if you're going to do it, I'd trust the expertise of Inkatraces to guide you to enjoy it in the most ideal way for you and your group.

1 Thank Kimberly T
Rudy B, Director General at Inkatraces Day Tours, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Kim
When we started INKATRACES the idea was to show our guest more than just Machu Picchu, that is why the company motto is THE INKALAND BEYOND MACHU PICCHU, because we are truly believers that more the amazing ruins our Culture has even more to offer and when I read you I am really happy to see that we are achiving that goal. It was a wonderful week to enjoy with you. Finally I have to say like I already did to Angela and Jeff that I am looking for a way to express how thankful are because of your company and I just have to say MUCHAS GRACIAS AMIGOS !!

Abrazos
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best tour experience I've had... Rudy is the premium choice.”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Did you ever experience a professor or high school teacher from your past that truly inspired you? The kind of professor that engaged the classroom through their charismatic personality, their passion and personalized teaching of the subject matter. That somehow the subject matter became relevant to your life in the here and now as well as igniting a desire to set forth and write your own history....

Well, hopefully you have because then you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about when I tell you that Rudy creates that similar relationship as an excellent tour guide.

Spending 5 days with Rudy gave me the nostalgia of having a favorite teacher leading a field-trip expedition through Peru for 5 days. He is the kind of person that graciously wants one to experience, engage and come to appreciate his wonderful country that is anchored to SO much history as well as astounding layers of development ingenuity.

I don’t think Machu Picchu would have been quite the insurmountable experience it was if our group of 5 did not have the most patient, knowledgeable and attentive tour guide, which we found in Rudy.

I will start from the beginning... I organized this trip a couple months before our December 2nd departure. InkaTraces was recommended to me by a friend that met Rudy through Disney Travel Adventures who he had been the guide for. It was through her high recommendation that I requested to have Rudy as our tour guide.

From the early email correspondence stage, Rudy was warmly receptive and patient with my vast amount of questions. He also helped me organize everyone’s travel from different destination points where we would be flying in from. We had Los Angeles, New York and Orlando and made up a small group of 5 but I must have asked him enough questions as if I was organizing a fleet of hundreds for this trip. Rudy always answered each question thoroughly and although the email response may have taken over 24 hrs, I assume it was because of tours he may currently be hosting and the time difference.

It is because of his thoroughness, thoughtfulness and our well planned travel itinerary he emailed to us before we departed for Peru, that when he first greeted me in-person in Cusco, I shook his hand and already thanked him.

The next 5 days rolled out smoothly to feel like a courteous friend opening up their home to us with the intention for you to experience their country.

Rudy’s vast knowledge is impressive and does not overwhelm you.
From car rides to quick little detours along a hike or even during a meal, Rudy sprinkles the tour with interesting stories or information about his country, the history, the Inka culture or even flora and fauna. Like a good professor, instead of giving all the information at once in a long winded torrent, Rudy allows time for comprehension and then awaits, almost knowingly, for our questions regarding what was just shared.

A guide that engages his group and is extremely sensible. His knowledge is appreciated and greatly amplified by the endearing love he has for his country and its people.

The last, but surely not least quality I’d like to note about Rudy, is his attentiveness.

If i were to leave this review with only what I described above about Rudy, you may be left with the impression that Rudy has an essence of some wise old sage similar to what James Earl Jones’ voice brought to the character of the father, in Disney’s Lion King.
Ha, not quite but Rudy is definitely wise.

AHH, I’m happy to review here that Rudy has an amazing sense of humor.

I’d like to think that because of the amazingly captivating, gregarious and wildly good-lookin’ group that we are, Rudy felt he could unlock a couple extra funny jokes at each meal which was really nice, since the rest of my group could not recall, even one.
(mental note: remember a good joke in case of good company, outside the country)

On top of his humor, Rudy is very hospitable, friendly and creates a personalized experience for each individual as well as for the group as a unit. This is remembered best by his attentiveness in pointing out photo-ops and showing off his photographer’s eye for composition because they all turned out to be really great photos upon review.

He participates when we needed assistance and almost intuitively would hang-back to allow for more personal experiences. A great host knows how to do that, that kind of intuition is truly appreciated.

On the afternoon we were to go our separate ways from Rudy and return back to Cusco, we gave hugs to a guide that was much more like a new, great friend.

The experience that Machu Picchu leaves you with is a vast feeling of history, human ingenuity and wonder. Still, it is the people I encountered, from the craft tradeswomen, the retailers, the amazing chefs, the children walking along the streets and especially our excellent tour guide Rudy...that leave a lingering sense of connection to this amazing trip.

For the magnitude of wonder that Machu Picchu allows one to experience and to photograph...if somehow there could forever be a written caption to it, it would read:
“Book Rudy as your guide. You’ll thank me later.”

So, in advance...
You.Are.Welcome

Angela A.

2 Thank ImWiththeDeeJay
Angela
We are really please that you have enjoyed our services and definitely it is much easier to make our job when we have people like all of you that has read and did a little reasearch prior to come here, I have no words to express you how much thankful we are for your words and the only thing I have to say now is MUCHAS GRACIAS !!!

I am hoping to see soon !!!
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“InkaTraces Gave us a Trip of a Lifetime”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The service provided by Rudy from InkaTraces was exceptional. We started interacting with him 4 mos prior to the trip and his attention to detail and response time was on point. From the moment we landed in Lima and for the next 10 days our trip was flawless. Rudy and his team guided us every step of the way setting an itinerary that immersed us in the Peruvian culture. His knowledge was astounding and we learned more about people and the country than we could have ever imagined. On top of it all, he is a fantastic photographer and provided us with unique memories when we left. If you are going to Peru, you must reach out to InkaTraces as your guide.

2 Thank akaJFo
Jeff
I am really glad that I have got the pleasure to meet you and enjoy your wonderful company, and I was able to make new friends which enjoy so much our culture and people, I do not have words to express how thankful we are for your comments.

Hope to see again..