“Seledonia´s”
Review of Seledonia's Mesa

Seledonia's Mesa
Ranked #22 of 707 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Seledonia's Mesa is the place to be in Cusco if you want a familiar athmosphere and truly excellent local food! Lunch at Selia's (as friends call her) is a sunny and joyful experience in her warm, covered patio. And dining is like being home at a Cusco family, enjoying some of Cusco's finest dishes in a cozy athmosphere. Cooking classes are part of the experience, too: so you can take Seledonia's wonderful cuisine back home!
Cusco
“Seledonia´s”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I went a couple of nights ago after the restaurant was closed for a couple of months (Selia - the owner and cook has a 9 months year old baby). I really enjoyed the experience in the restaurant. Selia is a great personality and cook. She offers a superb authentic Peruvian experience! I´ve tried the Chaufa dish and the Aji de Gallina dish! Both were the best I had in Peru so far (I´ve been here a few weeks)... Also, do try the postres Vinoa - a dish made out of red wine, chestnuts and quinao - to die for!

• Visited November 2013

Washington, DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seledonia's”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Favorite restaurant in Cusco! Don't miss the alpaca picante!!! My family and I also loved the cuy (guinea pig) and Seledonia's incredible hospitality.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 00dckel
Dana Point, California, United States
“Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Seledonia's was my favorite restaurant in Cusco, hands down. I found myself eating there back to back days. I couldn't get enough of the high quality Peruvian cuisine. The only downside to this off the beaten path gem is that the service takes a little while. But when your food is made with love I can wait all day! I definitely recommend this place!

1 Thank Mike C
Cusco, Peru
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seledonia's: My Go-To”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

After the first time I tried Seledonia's, I told my roommates that I wouldn't mind coming back here every night for my two-week stay in Cusco. That's pretty much exactly what we did. You cannot beat the infusion of quality, made-with-love, Peruvian food for an unbeatable value at Seledonia's.

1 Thank Jeff W
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Glorious food from a great family-run place!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We loved our meal at Seledonia's, it was the end of the night but we were still served fantastic plates of food that were exactly what we wanted from 'real Peruvian food'. We both had Alpaca, the picante and the Saltada, both were really tasty and perfectly cooked. The picante may even be my favourite dish I've had in South America.

The atmosphere is great, the family feel extends to the customers and you feel very welcome in this small room where they cook and serve the food. It's only our first night in Cusco but I know this is a restaurant you have to visit when you're here!

We will be back, no doubt about it.

1 Thank mikewalker19