“Restaurant is permanently closed”
Review of Quinoa - CLOSED

Quinoa
Cuisines: Peruvian
Description: Hello, it's our pleasure to present to you "Quinoa restaurant" sited in San Blas, the most traditional quarter in the imperial city of Cuzco, Peru. Our goal is making the best typical food for you and your family with love and passion and offer the best peruvian flavours and make your heart vibrate with nice music from all around the world. These sounds that transport you beyond time and borders, us chill out, lounge classical pop, instrumental music of the Andes will soak your spirit and your m ind of peace and quiet to prepare you a spend a beautiful day. Our dishes are elaborated for you with heart and our ingredients are fresh and healthy like the legend of Quinoa ( Chenopodium quinoa o chisiya)that in quechua lenguaje means mother seed for his high nutrional level. It has the 8 aminoacids that human beings need like lisina,arginina,histidina, metionina, cistina and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, iron,colesterole and gluten free. This legendary ans histrical seed protected and grown since 5000 years with genuine love and respect to pachamama or mother earth by peruvian andean farmers campesinos according to what FAO (Food and agricultura organization) said can erase hunger bad nutrition and poorness. We invite you to degustate and excellent and energizing quinoa soup and others different dishes prepared with sweetie. Thank you for Reading our short presentation and we see you son, thanking your presence that motivate us to improve every day to make your culinary stay unique and unforgetable in Cuzco - Peru. This burst of flavors, our great music and warm atmosphere caress your senses. "Our motivation is to serve yoo , cooking for you with love and passion". Bienvenido!Bienvenue!Welcome!Willkommen!Benvenuto!Boas vindas!
Annapolis, Maryland
“Restaurant is permanently closed”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just tried to go to Quinoa for dinner on May 30, 2014 with my husband and some new friends we made on the Inca Trail. Sadly, the restaurant was CLOSED and from the looks of it, permanently. I picked the place based on TripAdvisor reviews but unfortunately we couldn't enjoy the food. My 4-star rating is given only so the restaurant keeps its average rating (in case I was wrong about the permanent closing).

Visited May 2014

Edmonton, Canada
“A Tiny Gem in San Blas, Cusco, Peru”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Quinoa is located in hilly historical San Blas in Cusco. The tiny restaurant has three tables and is operated by two people with limited kitchen facility. They do one dish at a time, you cannot be in a hurry eating at Quinoa! We were there on our first night in Cusco, we had quinoa soup, main course, and a small dessert for 20 S/. per person, an excellent deal. The food was excellent. The menu changes every day, I believe. If you want to try some local homemade food in Cusco, Quinoa is the place to go.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank 2CanadianTravellers
York, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Call first”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were very disappointed that both times we went to Quinoa it was closed. Once was at 8PM on a Saturday night and then tried for lunch on Sunday.

Visited May 2014
“A truly memorable and unique experience”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We are huge TA junkies, and the girlfriend put me in charge of planning 3 days of meals in Cusco. I read a lot on here about Quinoa so figured it would be worth a shot.

We walked down a poorly lit street in San Blas around Friday at 7PM or so, bearing in mind that the place is a little hard to find from what I've read. It's across from the Rumi Punku hotel, and has a lighted sign that says "Snack Bar". Inside, there was a woman and her son, and no patrons inside whatsoever, and the walls and tables are made of plywood. (Yes, really.)

Under normal circumstances, I would have been a bit sketched out by the location. But as I said earlier, I'm a TripAdvisor junkie, and this place was a #15. I was like, "This place is a #15, really?" The owner and chef, Antoinette, and her son, were warm and welcoming when we walked in to "see what they had". My girlfriend and I looked at each other and knew we had to give it a shot.

The owner spoke a little English, and we spoke a little Spanish (she more than I) and we made conversation while she pampered us with amazing food. Quinoa soup. Fresh fruit salad. Wok seared trout for her, arroz chaufa for me. Served with wonderful visual presentation, and made with love. And the food was AWESOME. Really great flavors and cooked fresh, literally right in front of us. Oh and I didn't mention the best part... We fed the two of us for only S50 including a large beer.

With all of that said, this place might not be for everyone. It's in a pretty dingy little hole in the wall in San Blas, and our one gripe was that the food was cooked and served one plate at a time. It's probably not good for large groups, or for the more fancy types looking for fine dining (we are just twenty-something backpackers, and wore t-shirts and hiking shoes to dinner).

However, if you're looking for a cute little spot to eat fantastic food in San Blas for not a lot of money, and get to know the locals making it, this is your place. It might just be the best kept secret in Cusco. Antoinette is a wonderful chef and I hope she expands someday to a bigger and more central location... she could easily have one of the top restaurants in Cusco, if people only knew where to find her! Thanks for a great experience!

1 Thank justinballetta
Ashland, OR
“Great Food for the Price”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a hole in the wall not too far from Plaza de Armas and San Blas. The food was very good but for the price, it was great. We had two very good meals for under US$15.

The quinoa soup was excellent. I had a fried trout dish that was very good. My daughter had a chicken dish that was good--the chicken part of which there was not a lot. The sauce was good but those starchy Andea potatoes were not very warm and while okay, not great.

Nevertheless, I recommend this. It feels like you're paying to eat in a friend's or family kitchen. We had to wait for the guy to wash the utensils and the woman cooked one meal at a time. The people there are great and it was really a nice experience.

• Visited April 2014